Will the Wisconsin Badgers ever win another game again?

Another game again? WTF does that even mean?

This is going to look really dumb when they beat us later in the year.

I like their chances against Northwestern and Iowa. Yuck.

I like their chances against Northwestern and Iowa. Yuck.

It would be both foolish and dangerous to underestimate the Badgers. I recall a couple of years ago when they struggled in the preseason and the first week of Big Ten play and then made the coaching change. They were close to unstoppable after that.

This is going to look really dumb when they beat us later in the year.

Ding ding ding. This is Minnesota and Gopher sports. You don't talk crap that fast after three games when the other program has been better than you for how many years?

If we're being honest their loses have been close, not like they got blown out by 35 plus or lost to a couple small majors. Though I think UCLA is overrated

Ding ding ding. This is Minnesota and Gopher sports. You don't talk crap that fast after three games when the other program has been better than you for how many years?

18 years.

They will at least be in contention for top 4 finish in the conference. Maybe they finish 5th or 6th, but they will be in the mix for a first round bye in the B1G tourney.

I believe they'll make the NCAA tourney and be in the mix for top 4 in B1G, and that's their down year, hopefully our down years are those standards someday

The question is can Keep Gard keep it up. Bo Ryan was heck of a coach, I know his right hand man is still there and did a lot of work, but things change. Right now they're relying on young players, something Wisconsin doesn't do often and they're still competing.

Lets not gloat too much, Kohl Center will be tough win

I believe they'll make the NCAA tourney and be in the mix for top 4 in B1G, and that's their down year, hopefully our down years are those standards someday

The question is can Keep Gard keep it up. Bo Ryan was heck of a coach, I know his right hand man is still there and did a lot of work, but things change. Right now they're relying on young players, something Wisconsin doesn't do often and they're still competing.

Lets not gloat too much, Kohl Center will be tough win

Bo Ryan was more than a "heck of a coach." Bo Ryan was a Hall of Fame coach. Very few coaches have managed to do what Ryan did at Wisconsin which is all the more remarkable because the school was not a historical basketball power (only 7 NCAA tournament appearances before he arrived and two were in the 1940s). He also had an 82.3% winning record for his 15 years in Division III. I feel fairly confident that Gard will be unable to match Ryan's record in the long term.

Bo Ryan was more than a "heck of a coach." Bo Ryan was a Hall of Fame coach. Very few coaches have managed to do what Ryan did at Wisconsin which is all the more remarkable because the school was not a historical basketball power (only 7 NCAA tournament appearances before he arrived and two were in the 1940s). He also had an 82.3% winning record for his 15 years in Division III. I feel fairly confident that Gard will be unable to match Ryan's record in the long term.

No argument here, I'd put him behind only izzo in b1g of past two decades.

No argument here, I'd put him behind only izzo in b1g of past two decades.

Were Gene Keady and Bob Knight still in the Big Ten two decades ago? You could maybe argue for Thad Matta too, without researching, I think he may have hit higher highs than Ryan, he certainly recruited better, but he had some NIT years too.

I like the way UW is playing right now, but obviously not closing out games. Losing to #15 in a close game, #22 in a very close game, and #23 in a heartbreaker is not too bad.

I like the way UW is playing right now, but obviously not closing out games. Losing to #15 in a close game, #22 in a very close game, and #23 in a heartbreaker is not too bad.

Do they have any Power 5 games left besides the ACC game? If not, they might need 11 + B1G wins to make the tournament this year if they don't beat UVa.

Do they have any Power 5 games left besides the ACC game? If not, they might need 11 + B1G wins to make the tournament this year if they don't beat UVa.

Yikes that’s a sobering thought!

Top Bottom