2018 Gopher Baseball

Bull$hit strike call there. No matter. OSU pitcher walks in a run. And the Gophers take the lead 2-1.

Wish we could have busted this thing open but happy to be up. Cmon Frederickson, let's shut em down.

That is just freaking awful. You give the OSU pitcher 2 pitces 6 inches off the plate to bail him out and then when Fredrickson drops a strike in you blow it. What a coward.

Man this ump could just as well be wearing the gray jersey tonight. Absolutely pathetic strike zone that changes based on who is on the mound. Gonna have to overcome maybe the hottest team in the land and the home plate ump.

Not only did it put a runner on 1st, but it took Patrick out of the game in the 6 th.

That is just freaking awful. You give the OSU pitcher 2 pitces 6 inches off the plate to bail him out and then when Fredrickson drops a strike in you blow it. What a coward.

Yep. That was amateur hour. Shocked a guy/ump at this level could be this bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't see 14 hot that often. Meyer outstanding though. Can he go the distance?

This umpire is garbage. That first pitch was so far outside that even the ESPN commentator thought it was stupid.
Then he turns around and misses a hit (not) hit batter. Just awful.
Commentators are just speechless trying to ignore it.

This analyst, the former ASU assistant, is pretty good. Good job explaining the strategy and reasons behind it.

Big that the two first rounders are up to start 8th so can avoid them rest of ninth

This umpire is garbage. That first pitch was so far outside that even the ESPN commentator thought it was stupid.
Then he turns around and misses a hit (not) hit batter. Just awful.
Commentators are just speechless trying to ignore it.

Getting Madrigal is big ! Gotta love the OSU fans complaining about the strike zone, lol. They have had most of the calls their way tonight.

Likely last game of season tomorrow would mean everyone should be available for an inning, including Reggie and Frederickson and Max

Needs to be Meyer's last batter, losing location

Come on Gophers, lets get this done with. With all the heavy coats worn by the Oregon fans they need to get home.

Jackson Rose: (ERA, 2.03), (W-L, 5-1), (IP, 31), (H, 26), (R, 8), (ER, 7), (BB, 14), (SO, 28)

Can’t win if you can’t hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is stupid leaving him in after how poorly the last inning ended

I know what 14 was doing. He needs Rose and Schultz to each throw 3 tomorrow. But he absolutely left Meyer in there too long. Going to hard to escape this for Rose.

Perhaps Anderson was thinking ahead to Sunday a bit trying to salvage his bullpen. No choice now. Perhaps a tad late. I'm not the expert, so who knows.

Was about 30 pitches too long. Could have pulled Meyer last inning and still used him tomorrow

Gopher baseball hasn't made it beyond the top 16 teams college baseball for 36 years?

And here I thought our tolerance for Don Lucia/hockey mediocrity was bad...

Top Bottom