2018 Gopher Baseball

The elimination game is on ESPN3 again. I'm assuming that this means the game tonight probably will not be televised......:mad:

I suppose watching it on my computer isn't the worst thing that could happen.

Go out and by a streaming device. Then you can watch it on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be interesting at this point with pitching...you're dealing with number 3 starters and do you put number 1 back in and take a risk. Good for Indiana. Purdue I believe won yesterday as well.

Yep, both Indiana and Purdue won yesterday. Ohio State got knocked out. Right now, Purdue is tied 4-4 with Houston in an elimination game. Like you said, pitching is getting pretty thin for everybody at this stage of the regionals. Could add up to some big offensive numbers today.

Will be interesting at this point with pitching...you're dealing with number 3 starters and do you put number 1 back in and take a risk. Good for Indiana. Purdue I believe won yesterday as well.
Seems like some coaches always do in tomorrows games. Most of the time it isn't worth the risk. Florida State is being bashed big time for bringing back their starter after a 2 hour rain delay with 115+ pitches to pitch the 9th. Guess they got what they deserved when he allowed a couple baserunners and then a walkoff homerun to end their season.

Go out and by a streaming device. Then you can watch it on TV.

I've got an amzon fire stick, a chromecast, a roku, ps3, xbox 360, xbox one.......so I guess I do have a few options.

Really need Stevenson to have better control than normal tonight. Walking guys and getting behind in the count is not going to do him well against this UCLA lineup. If he can have good command of the zone I have a great feeling about this one but time will tell.

Indiana now up 9-6 top of the 8th with Indiana batting.

UCLA is up 8-4 in the 8th so barring a rally it will be the Bruins again. It looks like they only have 1 pitcher who has made starts if Jon Olsen is still injured as he last pitched in mid April. That guy is redshirt sophomore RHP Jack Ralston who is 1-4 on the year and has made 13 appearances 8 starts 5.66 ERA 35 innings 40 hits 23 runs 12 walks and 17 strikeouts. Opponents have a batting average of .294 on the year against him. Their bullpen should be pretty rested they used LHP Garrett Barker Friday but only for 6 pitches and brought him back in with 1 out in the 8th today but he only recorder 1 out throwing 14 pitches and used Kyle Mora in both games and he has thrown 71 pitches. Their top guys that should be available are SO LHP Nick Scheidler who has a 3.31 ERA in 33.2 innings on 32 hits 12 runs 17 walks and 32 strikeouts. FR RHP Holden Powell has a 4.03 ERA in 29 innings 14 runs on 26 hits 8 walks and 20 strikeouts. FR RHP Nathan Hadley has a 5.59 ERA in 9.2 innings allowing 8 runs on 8 hits while walking 12 and striking out 13. FR RHP Michael Townsend has a 3.68 ERA in 7.1 innings allowing 3 runs on 5 hits walking 1 and striking out 5. Now because Gonzaga was able to score 3 in the 8th UCLA used 2 bullpen guys in Barker and closer Holden Powell.

So did we win a coin flip or were the rules different for the final?

Vavra with an awesome double play. Holy smokes.

Huge home run! 4-2 now, come on Gophs!

Yes a great double play. Up 4-2 now and ULCA goes to the bull pen. I believe the first guy threw only 29 pitches or so. Go Gophers!

Gonna need to get Stevenson out of this game ASAP...

Offense has been good so far...pitching and defense? A completely different story.

Pitching has been pretty bad.

Was surprised they decided to start Stevenson. Thought they might go with Lackney, but maybe 14 is thinking of saving him for tomorrow?

Anyway, it was clear that Stevenson didn't have it basically from the start. Just gotta fight back, but I will say the guys look very tight in the field and on the mound.

Was surprised they decided to start Stevenson. Thought they might go with Lackney, but maybe 14 is thinking of saving him for tomorrow?

Anyway, it was clear that Stevenson didn't have it basically from the start. Just gotta fight back, but I will say the guys look very tight in the field and on the mound.

We’re just lucky that UCLA’s pitching isn’t that good either.

Don’t like bunting there with runners on first and second and no outs. Pitcher is struggling to throw strikes and a good hitter up.

We’re just lucky that UCLA’s pitching isn’t that good either.

To be honest, I don't think anybody's pitching (anywhere in the regionals) is up to par at this point. A game of attrition from here on...

It looks like this is going to be a high scoring game.

To be honest, I don't think anybody's pitching (anywhere in the regionals) is up to par at this point. A game of attrition from here on...

This game may go until midnight also.

So far this has been a scoring marathon. Gophers retake the lead in the bottom of the third off a two run homer. UCLA is now onto their third pitcher.

7-5 Gophers lead.

Top Bottom