Depth Chart for Wisconsin game

No Still listed either. Probably the last we're going to see of him in a Gopher uniform.

Depth chart seems to be a passive aggressive way of publicly stating the current dog house occupants rather than a listing of a football team two deep.

"I've never heard of half of these guys....and the ones that I do know are way past their prime!"

Stars are born when least expected and when opportunity knocks.

How many Adam Thelens are out there just waiting for the chance to be discovered?

No Still listed either. Probably the last we're going to see of him in a Gopher uniform.

I would say the bigger issue is no Johnson listed. Of the WR listed on the depth chart they have combined for 13 catches and 175 yards over the course of 11 games. WR has been a black hole around here for a while but this may be the deepest darkest black hole we have ever had at the position.

Douglas looked good before he got hurt so here is hoping Fleck can find the WR we need to get out of this abyss in the years to come.

I would say the bigger issue is no Johnson listed. Of the WR listed on the depth chart they have combined for 13 catches and 175 yards over the course of 11 games. WR has been a black hole around here for a while but this may be the deepest darkest black hole we have ever had at the position.

Douglas looked good before he got hurt so here is hoping Fleck can find the WR we need to get out of this abyss in the years to come.

Johnson is confirmed out for season w a wrist injury

I don't want to completely derail this thread, but is Grant Ryerse going to be a kicker or punter? Just remember him coming out of high school was supposed to have a pretty good leg but he's not listed as the backup for the kicker or punter. We still have Carpenter for another year so it's probably irrelevant anyways but was just curious if anyone knows.

All references to Major League in this thread...[emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With the depth chart looking this bleak, what was the point of bringing in Royal Silver and Ben Davis? Usually JUCO players are brought in to provide a band aid for a team that is lacking depth. Are those just not good enough to play or are they Year Zero casualties?

With the depth chart looking this bleak, what was the point of bringing in Royal Silver and Ben Davis? Usually JUCO players are brought in to provide a band aid for a team that is lacking depth. Are those just not good enough to play or are they Year Zero casualties?

Think they felt comfortable with DT depth for this year so we're trying to save Silver for next after we lose a couple important guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davis was only a Freshman last year and had 4 years to play 3. He'll be a redshirt Sophomore next year.

This on Davis...

Davis was only a Freshman last year and had 4 years to play 3. He'll be a redshirt Sophomore next year.

Silver was a 3 to play 2 guy so they saved him. That was always the plan with him.

Good gosh...

whatever happened to Hunter Register and Melvin Holland?

Good gosh...

whatever happened to Hunter Register and Melvin Holland?

Holland suffered a season ending injury early in the year.

This on Davis...

Silver was a 3 to play 2 guy so they saved him. That was always the plan with him.

Yeah I know all of that. However, I could have told him before the season that offensive line depth was going to be a major issue. If you are going to enhance the roster with a JUCO O-Lineman, bring one in that can help you with the current situation right away. Probably shouldn't have turned their back on Jimmy Terry. They just need some bodies. If Olson and Wright can't play this weekend, they are literally down to five lineman. Zero back-ups. Against the best and most physical defense they will see this season. A major part of a coach's job is roster management. Fleck dropped the ball on this. My goodness, if you didn't have enough lineman during spring ball, you better bring in some bodies for this year.

Yeah I know all of that. However, I could have told him before the season that offensive line depth was going to be a major issue. If you are going to enhance the roster with a JUCO O-Lineman, bring one in that can help you with the current situation right away. Probably shouldn't have turned their back on Jimmy Terry. They just need some bodies. If Olson and Wright can't play this weekend, they are literally down to five lineman. Zero back-ups. Against the best and most physical defense they will see this season. A major part of a coach's job is roster management. Fleck dropped the ball on this. My goodness, if you didn't have enough lineman during spring ball, you better bring in some bodies for this year.

Maybe PJ was hoping he could turn the game against Wisc. into a 7 on 7 game and have the OL and DL for each team go to the Gibson Nagurski complex and have tire pushing, one on one, and other fun competitions.

I don't want to completely derail this thread, but is Grant Ryerse going to be a kicker or punter? Just remember him coming out of high school was supposed to have a pretty good leg but he's not listed as the backup for the kicker or punter. We still have Carpenter for another year so it's probably irrelevant anyways but was just curious if anyone knows.

If he can catch a long snap maybe he belongs in this discussion.

I agree with this. Probably just me, but I think there was value in showing recruits that we had a decent program going and a coaching change didn't have to mean we're starting over. Picking up at least one JUCO OL and DB would've helped that cause. In hindsight, injuries have piled up in both areas even more than one might have imagined and WRs can't catch, so maybe we were always destined for a 5-win season.

I am glad they didn't play Silver, however. Depth wasn't really a problem at DT this year, but it will be the next two years.

Top Bottom