Media Prediction Thread: wisconsin at Minnesota

I think he's being nice. We just got whooped worse by NW. 35-0 doesn't seem so bad by the #5 team by comparison.

The biggest insult here is the assumption that we can't score against their 2nd and 3rd stringers who are sure to be in a substantial portion of the second half.

The biggest insult here is the assumption that we can't score against their 2nd and 3rd stringers who are sure to be in a substantial portion of the second half.

That's why I don't think I'd give the points. I'm worried they will call off the dogs early to rest for the Chip. Garbage points could ruin things, yet I don't have enough faith to take the points either.

Just lost any respect I had for Deinhart. Shut out at home? I don’t think so. Dinkhart is very apropos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaturdayBlitz.com chimes in:

Minnesota will come out swinging and surprise some people with an early first quarter scoring drive, but Taylor and the Wisconsin defense will be too much in the second half like always and Hornibrook will make enough big plays to pull the Badgers away and lead them undefeated heading into their showdown against Ohio State.

Final score: Wisconsin 27, Minnesota 14

https://saturdayblitz.com/2017/11/22/wisconsin-football-preview-live-stream-minnesota-2017/

Go Gophers!!

Athlon chimes in:

Final Analysis

The smart thing for the Badgers to do here is to play it safe. Lean on what got you here: running the football and playing sound, conservative defense. There's no reason Wisconsin can't win this game easily by playing it safe, but all it will take is that one big play from Minnesota to foil that strategy. In the end, I believe Paul Chryst and his staff — one of the most underrated groups of coaches in all of college football — will have the Badgers laser-focused on the task at hand. The Badgers know what's at stake, and they know a lot of people are waiting for them to trip up. Not on this day. Freshman sensation Jonathan Taylor will continue his Heisman-caliber season with a big day on the ground as the Badgers take care of business wire to wire and maintain possession of Paul Bunyan's Axe.

Prediction: Wisconsin 41, Minnesota 6

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...ta-golden-gophers-preview-and-prediction-2017

Go Gophers!!

Bucky's 5th Quarter Chimes in:

What are your keys to the game, and a score prediction?
Are y'all planning to sit Jonathan Taylor for the whole game to rest him for the B1G Championship Game? No? Then I think the key is for Minnesota fans to have other ways to enjoy the game than solely by the product on the field.

Prediction? Wisconsin: Many, Minnesota: Far less

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/20...review-pj-fleck-demry-croft-jonathan-celestin

Go Gophers!!

ESPN chimes in:

No. 5 Wisconsin at Minnesota, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC

VanHaaren: The Gophers are not going to spoil Wisconsin's bid at an undefeated season and a shot at the College Football Playoff. Wisconsin is just playing too well right now for it to hit a road bump at this point. The Badgers have a lot to play for in the battle for Paul Bunyan's axe. Wisconsin 24, Minnesota 14

Sherman: Lots of numbers to consider for the Badgers, who can win a 12th game for the second time in program history, a school-record 15th straight against Big Ten competition and a 14th straight against the Gophers, and can take the all-time lead in this series for the first time. Wisconsin has won 16 of its past 17 trophy games. It will be 17 of 18. Wisconsin 31, Minnesota 14

Murphy: The Badgers have been boring all season, so don't expect them to do anything too crazy this weekend. Minnesota has had trouble stopping the run recently (371 yards against Michigan, 277 against Northwestern). That's a problem for the Gophers with freshman Jonathan Taylor -- third nationally in rushing yards -- heading to Minneapolis. Load up a turkey leftover sandwich and see if the tryptophan can put you to sleep before Wisconsin's defense does. Wisconsin 27, Minnesota 10

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/143427/143427

Go Gophers!!

I'll take it either way the chips fall. If we beat Wisky, extend Fleck a couple more years. If they beat us 35-0 or worse consider the quest to establish a culture of failure a success and now we can move on to winning Championships! I'm not pouting either way.

Journal Sentinel chimes in:

JEFF POTRYKUS’ PREDICTION

Minnesota at some point will defeat Wisconsin and take back Paul Bunyan's Axe. The only way that will happen Saturday is if UW turns the ball over repeatedly and/or defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard takes the day off. UW will extend its winning streak in the series to 14 games and enter the Big Ten title game unbeaten. Wisconsin 31, Minnesota 7.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...ta-gophers-game-preview-prediction/889357001/

Go Gophers!!

As long as we play with heart and do not beat ourselves with turnovers and miscues I can live with the result. Initially it looked to be a cold day but the weather should be great. I hope Gopher fans do their part by keeping security busy. Don't look the other way to the behavior of drunken skunk fans. Have them thrown out. When all is said and done my dad always said it is just a bunch of guys throwing the ball around on a Saturday afternoon.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom