***OFFICIAL ALABAMA A&M AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Diedhiou need 1 more rebound for a single-single

That hook shot was nice too, he does look pretty lost on D though.

Rudrud gets the Bronx cheer but he's actually a pretty solid player.

Washington is going to be frustrating to watch against the legit competition this year. He needs to work on his free throws, defense, and make distributing the ball a priority rather than a last resort.

Washington is going to be frustrating to watch against the legit competition this year. He needs to work on his free throws, defense, and make distributing the ball a priority rather than a last resort.

Lol

That hook shot was nice too, he does look pretty lost on D though.

Yes it was and yes he did, at least at first. Had three blocks though. All in all he was more impressive tonight than Bakary. He had a little swagger at the end as well.

Players play. He will play up to and surpass his competition when the team needs it in the B1G.

Agreed, it seems like he has only two plans on offense right now. He either takes a contested jumper or drives into people and looses the ball. You can see the potential there, when he is on he is a great player but he needs to learn to let the game come to him more.

Luckily he is a freshman and has time to learn. Freshman make mistakes. Davison had a huge late turnover for Wisconsin tonight that was a nail in the coffin.

Washington somehow got 8(?) assists while being a selfish terrible player... probably his worst game as a gopher and had 8 assists, would have had more had it not been misses and or balls going though hands.

You are all crazy. He can get any shot he wants. He’s struggling to knock them down.

Washington somehow got 8(?) assists while being a selfish terrible player... probably his worst game as a gopher and had 8 assists, would have had more had it not been misses and or balls going though hands.

You are all crazy. He can get any shot he wants. He’s struggling to knock them down.

+1

Anyone surprised at how well Diedhou is moving around out there? He looks a lot smoother than Konate.

I don't honestly see what it is about Konate that's better than Diedhou.

+1. And I sense IW is a baller who plays to the stage. His best game was against Providence.

Team played very well tonight. I am excited to see how they do over the weekend

Team played very well tonight. I am excited to see how they do over the weekend
I appreciate Pitino's honesty. The starters were solid tonight and Pitino accurately stated how young and inexperienced our bench is. Washington was sloppy and defensively lazy tonight. (Still a wonderful talent.) The second team still was slow rotating to guard against the three.
These are the games where the reserves need to gain important experience and improve.

I don't honestly see what it is about Konate that's better than Diedhou.

I’m with you. Diedhou seems to have better hands, better shot, and he even knows to keep his arms vertical when defending a shot. It must be that he gets lost on defense. Wait..that’s Bakary’s problem. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with you. Diedhou seems to have better hands, better shot, and he even knows to keep his arms vertical when defending a shot. It must be that he gets lost on defense. Wait..that’s Bakary’s problem. Hmmm.

They both look lost on defense. They both are limited on offense, but Diedhou seems to have less stone-like hands and at least some moves on offense. It's probably splitting hairs, but I really don't get why Konate gets 8-10 minutes/game while Diedhou is welded to the bench.

By the way, really glad for this cupcake game. We had extended minutes with all subs on the floor, and extended minutes with mostly subs and a couple of starters. Fitzgerald looks more comfortable. He made some nice shots. Hurt continues to give good minutes. He seems to have good court awareness. Harris showed why he was recruited in drilling three consecutive triples. IW had a frustrating night with his jumper, but continued to be an assist machine. I really hope he cleans up his bad body language when something goes wrong. Getting to be a real habit. When he zinged a pass on a fast break to Harris, who fumbled it for a turnover, IW hung his head a stood there staring at the floor in disgust. That’s not how you encourage your teammate. I hope Nate takes him aside and challenges him on that. He oozes talent, but needs to learn how to play at this level. Gaston got extended minutes. He played well and even made some of us wonder why he doesn’t get some of Bakary’s minutes. Fun game! Now on to a string of challenges.

Harris plays good defense... Washington on the other hand, needs to try harder. There was a 2 minute span there where Washington gave up like 3 easy layups go right past him. Notice how we scored 100, without really trying and the starters on the bench most of the second half. The experience the backups got was great. JeyJew actually has some offensive moves. Harris may turn out to be one of our best 3 point shooters ever when his Gopher career is all said and done. I like how anyone can step up when needed. Washington is still too out of control for his own good. If only he could play with control, but he will get there one day. Hurt might be the most improved. Fizgerald seems to be getting more confident, and has showed some flashes. Excited to see how we do this next week!

4 of their 5 biggest games before January come in their next 5. Should be a really exciting couple of weeks and will give us great insight into where this team stands and how great they can truly be

Washington needs to slow down in order to go faster.

Harris is a secret weapon.

It flusters people like Happ and Haas. His best games are always against bigger, more traditional post players.

I don't disagree. Konate's best game last year was against the FSU giants. But perhaps in the games where the opponent doesn't have that, Diedhou is a better option.

Top Bottom