***OFFICIAL ALABAMA A&M AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Tough crowd.

47-25 going into half, on pace to give up 50 and score 100. Murphy shooting 100% on 6 shots, taking guys off the dribble from the perimeter. Lynch and Coffey 3-4, and Mason 5-9. Fitzgerald 3-3 with 5 boards.

I'm certainly not going to fret about 3-4 three pointers given up. Not sure what more people could ask for.

Agreed on your three pointers comment, some players up against the Gophers may feel that the three point shot is the only good chance for their team to score, especially when Lynch and Murph are on the floor together.

Agreed on your three pointers comment, some players up against the Gophers may feel that the three point shot is the only good chance for their team to score, especially when Lynch and Murph are on the floor together.

No doubt that leads to teams shooting 3's. Doesn't mean we have to allow them to make them at a 50% clip.

Logged on quick here at the half just to amuse myself with whatever I knew people would find to dislike...

..glad it's still just the 3's. I'm in agreement with everyone who is of the mindset that a lot of teams will have to resort to 3 point attempts against us.

No doubt that leads to teams shooting 3's. Doesn't mean we have to allow them to make them at a 50% clip.

I'm still not convinced it's a trend. You could put the guys they've played against in a gym without a defender and they may not make the percentages they have been. Could be a statistical outlier. I'll worry when the sample size gets bigger. The numbers will come back to earth, I can guarantee that.

As said above, it's the only way other teams can score with our interior defense. Make them beat you from outside. Once some games start to be in question, close a little faster and sacrifice elsewhere.

Lynch with his third foul and he would already be on the bench if it was a Big 10 game. Concerning but what can anyone do about it?

Alabama A&M is absolutely awful. Their defense is laughably bad.

Our guys are practically sleepwalking and they still are up by almost 20.

I guess there's something to Ken Pom ranking them 350th out of 351 teams.

Lynch with his third foul and he would already be on the bench if it was a Big 10 game. Concerning but what can anyone do about it?

That's my (and everyone else's) main concern this year. He is so integral on both ends. Him being able to stay on the floor could be the difference between a deep tourney run, and last year's result.

I was wondering why we would schedule an Alabama A and M. They really are bad, but at least it gives everyone a chance to play. This Minnesota team is really good. Big, powerful, and skilled. We will win the B1G this year with these players.

This must be how the Duke fans have felt for the last 20+ years. Go Gophers!

I was wondering why we would schedule an Alabama A and M. They really are bad, but at least it gives everyone a chance to play. This Minnesota team is really good. Big, powerful, and skilled. We will win the B1G this year with these players.

This must be how the Duke fans have felt for the last 20+ years. Go Gophers!

We didn’t schedule them. They’re part of the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Harris' 3pt, the entire starting team on the bench was on their feet applauding. :clap:

I'd like to see Washington get the remaining minutes with strict orders not to shoot once.

And Murphy gets his 10th rebound for another double double.

Anyone surprised at how well Diedhou is moving around out there? He looks a lot smoother than Konate.

Anyone surprised at how well Diedhou is moving around out there? He looks a lot smoother than Konate.

Always does... there is likely a reason he’s not getting minutes in time that matters.

Diedhiou can't compete athletically with the Alabama A&M players. I hope we don't see a scenario where he has to play in an important game.

Top Bottom