Guess who's baaaaack? No stein = No Axe.

Reaction score
History repeats itself, first as a tragedy, second as a farce.

- Karl Marx

The above quote by my fellow countryman is so apropos given the imminence of yet another Badger football win as the Gophers continue to Row the Titantic on this disaster of a season.

59-59-8

That is the current total wins, losses and ties between Minnesota and Wisconsin as they play for Paul Bunyan's Axe. My Badgers have never lead the overall series. The outcome has never been more predetermined - for the 13th time in row Wisconsin will defeat this year's Fighting Flecktons. That is history repeating itself - the farce is what this upcoming game will become.

Wait, you bitches of Bucky Badger didn't come here for a history lesson did you? Click on the linkey below for you neophytes that don't believe what I'm about to write. The curse is real, and it's spectacular.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?58290-Stein-Time-beyotches!&p=979181#post979181

Well I come to this discordant corner of the interwebs to repeat my family's quest. Yes it's that annual rite of passage. I, Detlef Erlichmann, owner of the Essen Haus in Madison, request that my family's precious beer stein be returned by the masochistic Gopher fan who dared steal said stein from my establishment neigh that fateful night 13 annums ago. My grandmother, a witch of the highest order in Bavaria, still has not removed her curse she placed upon whose football program cries Ski-U-Mah! For whence the beloved Erlichmann stein is returned the curse will be reversed and the burgundy and citrine colored pigskin totting rodents may once again flourish as a football program.

Speaking of your football program it doesn't seem that changing hands (ahem.... culture) is going very well, is it? We over here across the St. Croix pride ourselves in our steadfast leader, Chryst himself. Your football program changes coaches more often than I change the tap lines at the Essen Haus. The tenor of the football team mirrors our beloved Chryst - humble, determined, stout, and stoic. Run the ball and stop the run. Simple mantras. Your media-whoring coach is no different than the local Best Buy day shift manager trying to pump up his employees as they get ready to face the shopping masses on Black Friday. This wunderkind of yours from Kalamazoo is trying to brand his identity in the hopes of parlaying a modicum of success at your moribound program and move on to something better. Heather likes shiny things so Phillip better stop motorboating those funbags and find himself a quarterback that'll allow athletic directors around the country to think your football program is something other than a storefront for a multi-level marketing scheme.

Unless the deranged soul who stole my family's stein uses a Prefontaine pace and changes his best by returning my precious stoneware this Saturday's tilt will likely be a bloodbath. I just hope you Goofer fans can feel the Western Division love and cheer on the Midwest's favorite college football team against the Urbanites of Columbus in the Big Ten championship game. Just think of it as the one chance for some Minnesotans to play for a national championship.

Have an elite Thanksgiving,

Detlef

For the love of that is right in this world, would someone please return this Stein to this place so we can rid ourselves of this curse. It been 13 long years, keeping a cup that doesn't belong to you can't be worth it. It's selfish and we are all suffering. The curse has gone on long enough.

History repeats itself, first as a tragedy, second as a farce.

- Karl Marx

The above quote by my fellow countryman is so apropos given the imminence of yet another Badger football win as the Gophers continue to Row the Titantic on this disaster of a season.

59-59-8

That is the current total wins, losses and ties between Minnesota and Wisconsin as they play for Paul Bunyan's Axe. My Badgers have never lead the overall series. The outcome has never been more predetermined - for the 13th time in row Wisconsin will defeat this year's Fighting Flecktons. That is history repeating itself - the farce is what this upcoming game will become.

Wait, you bitches of Bucky Badger didn't come here for a history lesson did you? Click on the linkey below for you neophytes that don't believe what I'm about to write. The curse is real, and it's spectacular.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?58290-Stein-Time-beyotches!&p=979181#post979181

Well I come to this discordant corner of the interwebs to repeat my family's quest. Yes it's that annual rite of passage. I, Detlef Erlichmann, owner of the Essen Haus in Madison, request that my family's precious beer stein be returned by the masochistic Gopher fan who dared steal said stein from my establishment neigh that fateful night 13 annums ago. My grandmother, a witch of the highest order in Bavaria, still has not removed her curse she placed upon whose football program cries Ski-U-Mah! For whence the beloved Erlichmann stein is returned the curse will be reversed and the burgundy and citrine colored pigskin totting rodents may once again flourish as a football program.

Speaking of your football program it doesn't seem that changing hands (ahem.... culture) is going very well, is it? We over here across the St. Croix pride ourselves in our steadfast leader, Chryst himself. Your football program changes coaches more often than I change the tap lines at the Essen Haus. The tenor of the football team mirrors our beloved Chryst - humble, determined, stout, and stoic. Run the ball and stop the run. Simple mantras. Your media-whoring coach is no different than the local Best Buy day shift manager trying to pump up his employees as they get ready to face the shopping masses on Black Friday. This wunderkind of yours from Kalamazoo is trying to brand his identity in the hopes of parlaying a modicum of success at your moribound program and move on to something better. Heather likes shiny things so Phillip better stop motorboating those funbags and find himself a quarterback that'll allow athletic directors around the country to think your football program is something other than a storefront for a multi-level marketing scheme.

Unless the deranged soul who stole my family's stein uses a Prefontaine pace and changes his best by returning my precious stoneware this Saturday's tilt will likely be a bloodbath. I just hope you Goofer fans can feel the Western Division love and cheer on the Midwest's favorite college football team against the Urbanites of Columbus in the Big Ten championship game. Just think of it as the one chance for some Minnesotans to play for a national championship.

Have an elite Thanksgiving,

Detlef

No bacon=no stein Detlef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, it about that time of the year again... Crocodile tears

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

For the love of that is right in this world, would someone please return this Stein to this place so we can rid ourselves of this curse. It been 13 long years, keeping a cup that doesn't belong to you can't be worth it. It's selfish and we are all suffering. The curse has gone on long enough.

**** his Stein I hope somebody took a huge dump on it and lit it on fire

As bad as this series has been lately the skunks lost to the Hawkeyes 18 times in a row so we still have a ways to go. This is getting ridiculous however as it is embarrassing to lose to Wisconsin in anything.

All this for a stupid mug?
Hell, if the Cubs can exorcise the goat, the Gophers can overcome this piss cup.

Go away Detlef, this bit has gone stale.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Go away Detlef, this bit has gone stale.

Also the Moose knuckle gopher fan that stole the Stein left it in a porta pot in Ann Arbor. So no chance to return it.

Saw it on an episode of Pawn Stars where the Old Man used it to empty his catheter.

Internet bits are supposed to be funny, clever, or at least interesting.

Wrong -- it's good stuff. We need more pics of the stein being held hostage. Hell, we need a picture of the stein back in Essen Haus and then removed again.

I heard from a source, who wishes to remain unnamed, that the stein was brutally destroyed into a thousand pieces, and its remains were deposited into the middle of Delavan Lake in Walworth County, Wisconsin. From what I’ve been told, those pieces were dropped precisely where the corpse of an elephant from the Barnum and Bailey Circus lay. The reason for this is because Bavarians had a special affinity for Elephants. The stein was destroyed on the sixth second of the sixth minute of the sixth hour, on the sixth day of the sixth month of the sixth year of the 21st Century of the Anno Domini era. F the badgers.

I really hope someone returned the Stein this week. Otherwise its very selfish.

13 seasons have passed since the stein went missing, and Wisconsin's national title count still stands at 0. That is, precisely 7 fewer than your neighbors to the west, whom you are likely never to catch even if college football is played another 200 years.

Better go find a new good luck charm.

Top Bottom