Bay Port WR Cordell Tinch commits to the Gophers

yay! another 'athlete' who we hope can actually catch the football. I repeat - CATCH THE FOOTBALL. For those of you who are still wondering, the number 1 job of a WR is to CATCH THE FOOTBALL. And yes, at the risk of repeating myself, the #1 job of a wide receiver is to CATCH THE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just ask the Vikings how all their #1 WR draft picks have worked out. They all seem to have problems CATCHING THE FOOTBALL.

As I'm sure we've all heard before, height, length, speed, athleticism ... "can't be taught".

I wonder to what point catching a football "can be taught"?

He signed a NLI last April to PWO on football and run track - https://www.nbc26.com/sports/bay-ports-tinch-prepares-for-football-track-and-field-at-university-of-minnesota

I don't know if the aforementioned suspension has any impact on his plans. He should be on campus by now for track.

The NCAA rules allowed for 105 players to be rostered before the first day of class or before the first game. When school is in session there is not maximum limit. So, we should be hearing about him by next week if he is on campus.

He signed a NLI last April to PWO on football and run track - https://www.nbc26.com/sports/bay-ports-tinch-prepares-for-football-track-and-field-at-university-of-minnesota

I don't know if the aforementioned suspension has any impact on his plans. He should be on campus by now for track.

The NCAA rules allowed for 105 players to be rostered before the first day of class or before the first game. When school is in session there is not maximum limit. So, we should be hearing about him by next week if he is on campus.

I think you can only sign an NLI if the school is offering you something (scholly). Maybe his scholly is in track, and there was an understanding that he could walk-on to the football team? A PWO means you can report to fall camp, before school starts. A traditional walkon is someone who comes on the team after school starts, usually never more than a scout team player.

I think I remember his scholarship being for track, meaning he can't join the football team until his second year. It's a measure to prevent schools from putting all the skill position players on track scholarships and having a bunch of extra football scholarships.

PWOs are guaranteed a roster spot for camp. If he's not here, he's not a PWO and/or he's not coming to school here.

I think I remember his scholarship being for track, meaning he can't join the football team until his second year. It's a measure to prevent schools from putting all the skill position players on track scholarships and having a bunch of extra football scholarships.
Maybe his scholly is in track, and there was an understanding that he could walk-on to the football team?

You can't be on scholarship for any other sport and walk on to the football team. If he's on scholarship in any sport at the U and is playing football, he has to be on scholarship for football.

You can't be on scholarship for any other sport and walk on to the football team. If he's on scholarship in any sport at the U and is playing football, he has to be on scholarship for football.

Ah, yep, you're correct! I forgot about that. Well, what it is technically is that his scholarship (being paid by the track team) would count against the football team's max of 85.

Going from memory here, but deep in the cogs of my brain I seem to remember Georgia giving a track scholarship to Herschel Walker's older sister (older by one year) in the hopes that would help them land Herschel (which it did). The memorable item about that, is that at that time Georgia didn't even have a woman's track team.

Ah, yep, you're correct! I forgot about that. Well, what it is technically is that his scholarship (being paid by the track team) would count against the football team's max of 85.

I don't see him on the T&F roster.

I think you can only sign an NLI if the school is offering you something (scholly). Maybe his scholly is in track, and there was an understanding that he could walk-on to the football team? A PWO means you can report to fall camp, before school starts. A traditional walkon is someone who comes on the team after school starts, usually never more than a scout team player.

He did sign and NLI to play football and T&F as a PWO back in April. But, I think it is non-binding. I don't know how that works.
https://fox11online.com/sports/high-school-gametime/tinch-makes-it-official-signs-with-minnesota

Jesus, every time there is a recruit announced you guys get into a pissing match about his future or you put him down or you get into a dispute about some inane point. Can't you just enjoy Gopher football?????

Jesus, every time there is a recruit announced you guys get into a pissing match about his future or you put him down or you get into a dispute about some inane point. Can't you just enjoy Gopher football?????

Jesus, it gets annoying when people only post in a thread to complain about the posts in the thread. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to click on the thread or read any of the posts.

Please don’t post if you have literally nothing to contribute.

Jesus, it gets annoying when people only post in a thread to complain about the posts in the thread. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to click on the thread or read any of the posts.

Please don’t post if you have literally nothing to contribute.

The point is the arguments have nothing to contribute!!!! SO STOP POSTING THEM!

Most of us come on the board to keep up on Gopher news, etc... Not to see the same small group of people bitch about everything and to hijack every thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point is the arguments have nothing to contribute!!!! SO STOP POSTING THEM!

Most of us come on the board to keep up on Gopher news, etc... Not to see the same small group of people bitch about everything and to hijack every thread.

Why are you acting like, if someone clicks on a thread, he/she is forced to read every word of every post in the thread?? Read the OP and leave, then?? Jeez

I see some people taking their concerns to Jesus. Wondering what his response is? I'm thinking he is not on board with those calling for him to get involved.

Why are you acting like, if someone clicks on a thread, he/she is forced to read every word of every post in the thread?? Read the OP and leave, then?? Jeez

So if you don’t think your comments are worth reading, then don’t post. You have been on this board for barely two months and already have over 600 posts, that is about 20/day!. Welcome to GH, but please.... nobody has that much to contribute.

We have had epic threads that have gone on 100+ pages and most of the regulars read all the posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is EVERY wide receiver recruit can dunk a basketball. I could be wrong.

So if you don’t think your comments are worth reading, then don’t post. You have been on this board for barely two months and already have over 600 posts, that is about 20/day!. Welcome to GH, but please.... nobody has that much to contribute.

We have had epic threads that have gone on 100+ pages and most of the regulars read all the posts.

That's your choice. So if you read a post you don't like, for whatever reason fathomable, then it's your own dang fault!

And last I checked, 2 months is roughly 60 days, and 600 / 60 is around 10, not 20.

Top Bottom