How does Fleck make hell freeze over this week?

hello-world

Reaction score
Defense:
- Cut in front of every shallow crossing route because Hornibrook has trouble seeing shallow coverage
- Load the box
- Lots of help on outside runs that probably won't look like outside runs
- Trust your safeties

Offense:
- Lots of deep crossing routes, if Wisconsin's defense has one weakness, it's their safeties in pass coverage
- Stay clam in pocket and fall on the football if it hits the ground
- Run in the red zone
- Kobe is our only RB strong enough to run the ball against this team

Anything else?

- Try and sneak a 12th and 13th man on the field on every play.
- Use cameras to steal Wisconsin play calls.
- Salt the sky for the worst possible weather.
- Install mud over the turf for this one game.
- Sabotage the Wisconsin bus so they are late.

Walk from one end to the other during a quarter change.

Walk from one end to the other during a quarter change.

But really though, sprinting linemen between quarters is one of the worst possible things you can do to an offense or defense. I can't believe his line coaches allow him to do that.

Maybe it's because I am young and naive but this is the first game ever for me I don't see they we can win. Gophers need a miracle of miracles to win this one.

But really though, sprinting linemen between quarters is one of the worst possible things you can do to an offense or defense. I can't believe his line coaches allow him to do that.

I couldn't agree more!!! I was an undersized LB and realized that. My last two years in college, I walked everywhere between plays and changes. I figured I needed every bit of energy I had to compete and saved it where I could.

Any idea involving the receivers running deep routes is a horrible idea. The line can't block long enough and the receivers can't catch.

Any idea involving the receivers running deep routes is a horrible idea. The line can't block long enough and the receivers can't catch.

Why, it is the one pass Still caught. He couldn't hang on to the short ones nor run the right route.

Any idea involving the receivers running deep routes is a horrible idea.

I think those are during play? Right? Please tell me why waste (sprinting) on a meaningless, worthless and idiotic showmanship (it's during the game, so you're already loose too). What's the benefit? I see benefits of deep routes DURING PLAY.

sorry if you're refuting OP (edit)

I think those are during play? Right? Please tell me why waste (sprinting) on a meaningless, worthless and idiotic showmanship (it's during the game, so you're already loose too). What's the benefit? I see benefits of deep routes DURING PLAY.

sorry if you're refuting OP (edit)

Go ask the coach. If you think players get gassed for sprinting 30 yards during a five minute timeout, you're delusional.

Why, it is the one pass Still caught. He couldn't hang on to the short ones nor run the right route.

Because Croft got sacked nearly every time he held the ball for 4 seconds for multiple reasons.

Until the NW game I thought our pass protection has been good. I do agree that catching the deep ball has been a problem for a while though and we don’t have any burners.

I would love to see them feed McCrary and Femi-Cole on interior runs and Smith in motion. Maybe Brooks returns for this one as well.

On defense force Wisconsin to pass.

I'm sure it's helping them "grow their best" in all phases "academically, athletically, spiritually, and socially." Thus, I won't be asking him.

Every Wisconsin interception that I have seen this year has come on a short pass. They are too fast near the line to throw shallow. We need to attack their weakness. Croft's ball doesn't get their fast enough to keep their corners from jumping shallow routes. Hell, I watched them jump a screen earlier this year.

Go ask the coach. If you think players get gassed for sprinting 30 yards during a five minute timeout, you're delusional.

There's an actual science to this called biology that says you're wrong. Watch our linemen when Fleck pulls this ****, they hate it.

Until the NW game I thought our pass protection has been good. I do agree that catching the deep ball has been a problem for a while though and we don’t have any burners.

I would love to see them feed McCrary and Femi-Cole on interior runs and Smith in motion. Maybe Brooks returns for this one as well.

On defense force Wisconsin to pass.

They were fine pass protecting when they were healthy, they have too many injuries on the O-line to be effective now though.

There's an actual science to this called biology that says you're wrong. Watch our linemen when Fleck pulls this ****, they hate it.

Players condition all summer, spring, and winter. They don't get gassed sprinting 30 yards with a 3-4 minute break.

You phrased the question beautifully, lol: make hell freeze over :)

Well, no team has managed it this season, but you have to attempt to slow down Wisconsin's running game by playing 8 or 9 in the box on D. If Michigan can't do it, I obviously don't like our chances lol...but you have to make the QB beat you. Our defenders need to be much more disciplined this week. They were shooting upfield against NW creating HUGE running lanes that Jackson patiently waited for all day. DL needs to sit at the line and create piles. LB's have to run to holes and fill. Safeties have to get downhill in a hurry. Screw pass coverage for everybody that isn't playing CB.

On O we'll have to take tons of chances and get lucky on all of them. No way we run the ball successfully early in the game. Croft will have to complete multiple passes downfield first, and even then our running game will have to fight for every yard all night. Need Still to have at least one TD on a long ball a la Michigan 2015. Would need Lingen to get free on a deep seam route or something. Will need at least one trick play that goes for big yards.

Even if the above plan goes perfectly, you probably still need 2 very lucky plays to go your way...think turnover or big special teams play (onside kick, return TD, etc.).

I put MN chances at less than 5%. But hey, chip and a chair.

Screen passes, involve the TE's on slip outs, misdirection. Need to counter their aggressive defense. Captain Kirk is going to need to call the game of his life and the defense will need to find multiple turnovers. A miracle final score would be 21-20.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Players condition all summer, spring, and winter. They don't get gassed sprinting 30 yards with a 3-4 minute break.

Look man, I can only lead you to water, I can't stop you from drinking your own urine. Peace.

- Try and sneak a 12th and 13th man on the field on every play.
- Use cameras to steal Wisconsin play calls.
- Salt the sky for the worst possible weather.
- Install mud over the turf for this one game.
- Sabotage the Wisconsin bus so they are late.

Obvious ones, for starters, would be Liquid Heat in the jocks, restraining order on Fumagali.

Screen passes, involve the TE's on slip outs, misdirection. Need to counter their aggressive defense. Captain Kirk is going to need to call the game of his life and the defense will need to find multiple turnovers. A miracle final score would be 21-20.

I don't think that throwing screens against a team with exceptionally good corners is a good idea.

Yeah, when a team is overmatched there are two choices: play your usual game or sell out. So far Fleck has been all about the former and we've seen precious little of the latter. We need to basically get lucky on some play calls and do some high stakes gambling. Throw in the chips. Bring pressure, blanket the hot read (hint: FUMAGALI). Pull out the tricks on offense. Utilize the G'dam tight ends. Draws. Yes, the flea flicker.

We could get our asses handed to us real quick but I don't think we can go mano a mano walrus ball with them this year. Die slow, vs die quick (and maybe pull out a miracle). Make it happen PJ.

Defense:
- Cut in front of every shallow crossing route because Hornibrook has trouble seeing shallow coverage
- Load the box
- Trust your safeties

Offense:
- Lots of deep crossing routes, if Wisconsin's defense has one weakness, it's their safeties in pass coverage
- Run in the red zone

Anything else?

Ditto Kobe, but let Femi-Cole run some, too - use these big guys who can break tackles while also playing Smith (and Brooks, if he's ready). Show them what they don't expect and have a different game plan for the second half (a Gopher coach told me if you did have a different scheme for 2nd half, the opponent would never get adjusted to it). It should be dry and in the 30s, so throw some short passes, run Croft some, try trick plays, misdirection. sleight-of-hand ball handling. Fool 'em, trick 'em, don't give them what they expect and are prepared to stop. Have fun doing it different rather than running into a stone wall all afternoon. Pass for 130 or more.

Fleck deserves a lot of criticism in many different areas, but this is not one of those areas. Running for 6-10 seconds?? Really?

Defense:
- Load the box
- Trust your safeties

Offense:
- Run in the red zone

Anything else?

Find out where the Wisconsin team is staying and contaminate their buffet with salmonella...

Let’s go Costanza on them and do the opposite of what we’ve been doing up to now!

Fleck deserves a lot of criticism in many different areas, but this is not one of those areas. Running for 6-10 seconds?? Really?

Yes, really. Elite athletes can gas themselves over 10 yards let alone 50. People that reacting like this are not athletes. Run an experiment on yourself, squat as heavy as you can 3x10 after 5 minutes on a bike one day. Next day, do the first 2 sets then sprint 50 yards, walk back to the squat rack and immediately do your last 10. Unless you don't workout ever, you won't be able to squat as much on the last set because you will have used up ATP which takes time to replenish.
And you likely weigh about half of what our linemen weigh.
It wears out our linemen and looks amateurish.
It also doesn't make them happy, linemen don't like running, doesn't matter if it's pop warner or the nfl.
I've literally seen Richardson try to hide behind the crowd so he doesn't get called out for not running. It's pathetic. He's an awesome athlete, we don't need him sprinting between quarters. There's a reason you don't see Saban doing this with his guys, there's no benefit, and a lot of risk.

Top Bottom