Kevin Dorsey

Frank Grimey Grimes

Reaction score
Anyone know the situation with what happened to him at CSU? I looked at their roster and did not see him on the current roster. No news story or anything on him getting in more trouble or anything either.

According to 247sports Kevin transferred to Indian Hills Community College. It looked like he had been passed over by more recent recruits so he went to Indian Hills with the hope of improved playing time. He will have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

I didn't realize it until I looked it up but Dorsey was actually a walk on at CSU last year. Didn't earn a scholarship so he left.

Fall from Grace. He had it made here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Crazy that at one point Dorsey was gonna be a huge part of this team. Feels like a lifetime ago the drama with video.

How rapidly things can change...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks like he and a couple others were just arrested for theft and assault. Stole a B.B. gun, shot it out of a car and hit someone.

http://www.ottumwacourier.com/news/stolen-bb-gun-leads-to-charges/article_e7a749c0-ca53-11e7-8d16-7b6a1e0292ec.html

A trio of Indian Hills students have been charged in connection with an assault case tied to a stolen BB gun.

Police records show Kevin Dorsey Jr., 19, Jalen Hawkins, 18, and Corey Manigault, 19, were arrested at 9 a.m. Tuesday morning at the Wapello County Law Center. All three face the assault charge, while Dorsey and Hawkins face an additional charge of theft.

All charges are misdemeanors.

Court filings say the theft charge is tied to the fact the gas-powered BB gun was stolen. Dorsey and Hawkins were passengers in a vehicle and allegedly fired the gun out a window. One of the pellets struck a person, resulting in the assault charge. Police say Manigault was the vehicle’s driver.

All three have pleaded not guilty.

Go Gophers!!

there's always the exciting world of adult films. and he already has something on tape for his resume.

For the love of Pete, Kevin. What the f are you trying to prove?

I thought someone once posted that he was a very good high school student, class president or something or am I remembering someone else?

That was Nate Mason, who IIRC was valedictorian.

Dorsey could join Daquan McNeil, Zach Lofton, Josh Martin, and Jonathan Nwankwo as an all-former Gopher/commit starting five on the island of misfit toys. (Other than not getting admitted JN hasn’t done anything wrong as far as I know, but my team needed a center, lol).

That was Nate Mason, who IIRC was valedictorian.

Dorsey could join Daquan McNeil, Zach Lofton, Josh Martin, and Jonathan Nwankwo as an all-former Gopher/commit starting five on the island of misfit toys. (Other than not getting admitted JN hasn’t done anything wrong as far as I know, but my team needed a center, lol).

I'm going to put Dorsey in a category all by himself. Post transfer, he has given evidence he was the bad apple in the bunch and his behavior almost took the whole program down by dragging two other guys in with his idiotic behavior. Martin and JN simply were not B1G quality players and went in directions better for them. Can't fault that. McNeil is a wounded criminal who I think is now paying his debt to society. Dorsey hasn't yet and failed in the environment most filled with second chances, college basketball. Good riddance.

We really lucked out with some of these guys. Dorsey and Martin leaving, and Nwankwo going somewhere else was a blessing in the end.

A trio of Indian Hills students have been charged in connection with an assault case tied to a stolen BB gun.

Police records show Kevin Dorsey Jr., 19, Jalen Hawkins, 18, and Corey Manigault, 19, were arrested at 9 a.m. Tuesday morning at the Wapello County Law Center. All three face the assault charge, while Dorsey and Hawkins face an additional charge of theft.

All charges are misdemeanors.

Court filings say the theft charge is tied to the fact the gas-powered BB gun was stolen. Dorsey and Hawkins were passengers in a vehicle and allegedly fired the gun out a window. One of the pellets struck a person, resulting in the assault charge. Police say Manigault was the vehicle’s driver.

All three have pleaded not guilty.

Go Gophers!!

How is Dorsey only 19? Wasn't he in McBrayer's class?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

And next....prison.

It's a pretty big jump from stealing a freakin' BB gun to prison. I'm not saying Dorsey is a great guy, but this whole thing sounds like college kids messing around and it got out of hand.

Then again, trouble just seems to find certain people, and it could be Dorsey is a trouble magnet. But we all know guys like that. Still don't think that means he's destined to a life of crime.

It's a pretty big jump from stealing a freakin' BB gun to prison. I'm not saying Dorsey is a great guy, but this whole thing sounds like college kids messing around and it got out of hand.

Then again, trouble just seems to find certain people, and it could be Dorsey is a trouble magnet. But we all know guys like that. Still don't think that means he's destined to a life of crime.

Something about the story tells me that the prison part of it stems from shooting someone with the stolen BB gun. Not so much the stealing of the BB gun. Just maybe though.

Yeah Son, it's all fun and game until somebody gets his eye......

Not the only trouble he has found himself in. Give him time to earn that time.

Top Bottom