Gophers open up 37 pt favorite over Ala A&M

Alabama A&M ranks 350th out of 351 teams in Kenpom rankings. Obviously it's extremely early, but that's horrendous.

Yikes. I want to see Diedhou score more than 2 points for the first time....

Diedhou with a double double. Bank on it.

Alabama A&M ranks 350th out of 351 teams in Kenpom rankings. Obviously it's extremely early, but that's horrendous.

Can anyone explain how KenPom works this early in the season? It seems like all "good teams" are on top (meaning mostly power 5 or top mid-majors). I would expect this early on, it would look similar to RPI, meaning schools all over the place. Is KenPom using last year's data in its algorithm being that only a handful of games have been played? Just seems weird no smaller schools are at top.

Can anyone explain how KenPom works this early in the season? It seems like all "good teams" are on top (meaning mostly power 5 or top mid-majors). I would expect this early on, it would look similar to RPI, meaning schools all over the place. Is KenPom using last year's data in its algorithm being that only a handful of games have been played? Just seems weird no smaller schools are at top.

Yeah, I believe it involves a lot of data from last season. Think it'll be that way through December or something? SS should know for sure.

Yeah, I believe it involves a lot of data from last season. Think it'll be that way through December or something? SS should know for sure.

Same with Sagarin. At least on his page there's the "recent" column, which at this point is based only on the limited results from this season. Not statistically valid, really, but better than including last year's results.

Well Alabama just beat them by ~40 and they are now ranked #25. Lets see how we do tomorrow...and nice to see that we are now playing a ranked 'Bama at the end of the week.

Our RPI is going to tank 50 spots after this one.

And that's if we win.

Games like this are wide I'm so excited to have season tickets. The Barn will be rocking!! (at least its Tuesday and not Wednesday so some drunk students might wander over?)

Top Bottom