Iowa down 44-20. ...

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
to Louisiana early in 2nd half. Ragin' Cajuns are the pick of many to win the Sun Belt Conference.

The strategy of playing higher end teams from lower level conferences for RPI purposes only works if you WIN the games. Franny fumbles.

The strategy of playing higher end teams from lower level conferences for RPI purposes only works if you WIN the games. Franny fumbles.

I think this was an exempt tourney. Franny would never invite a top 300 team to Iowa City

Rough last couple of days for the Big Ten. Northwestern got destroyed by Texas Tech, and now Iowa loses to a mid-major, though Louisiana has a solid team.

Rough last couple of days for the Big Ten. Northwestern got destroyed by Texas Tech, and now Iowa loses to a mid-major, though Louisiana has a solid team.

This makes it all the more important to take care of business in the non-conference

Who could be the Gophers Louisiana? Some mentioned Harvard although I see they lost to Holy Cross and Manhattan last week.

This question excludes Alabama, Arkansas, and Miami

Drake or Harvard is my guess. Harvard usually plays such a disciplined style of ball and seems to have enough athletes to compete against good guards. What typically hurts them is they are undersized. Looking at their roster, they seem to be fairly small. Looks like someone under 6'8 will be guarding Murphy and he usually feasts on guys like that.

No idea on Drake but they seem to be the best of the mid-majors.

Drake beat Wake

That peaked my interest until I looked and saw Wake has also lost to Georgia Southern, Liberty, and Houston (along with Drake)...what the heck is going on with them this year?

Games like this are where Iowa really misses Peter Jok.

They simply don't have a take-charge guy that can bring them back from big deficits, which I think will hurt them at times this season.

St. John's is losing to something called Malloy 12 minutes in.

That peaked my interest until I looked and saw Wake has also lost to Georgia Southern, Liberty, and Houston (along with Drake)...what the heck is going on with them this year?

I think they lost a lot from last year, but they have some good recruits coming in this year and next year...might be like our 2015-16 for them.

Bump. Iowa lost to South Dakota St. 80-72.

Good day to be an SDSU grad!

Top Bottom