My problem with coaching this season and the Badgers will win by 20+ Saturday

I guess I'm assuming you watched the game, and aren't just looking at a play by play.

That game was a coaching disaster on offense and defense, not sure how anyone that was at the game could argue otherwise.

Wow....Congratulations, can't even come up with a good response to this strange of an argument. I hope you are just trying to be argumentative and don't actually believe what you are saying but I honestly can't tell. Not sure how we got from a discussion about individual players on both sides of the ball to in your mind some argument about the quality of the defense as a whole from 2011 but I guess you....win?

MNVCGUY, my original point was that expectations for Fleck were higher than expectations for Kill because he inherited a vastly more talented team than Kill did. I watched the Brewster to Kill transition. The team that Kill took over had former running backs playing corner (poorly), a former receiver playing QB (surprisingly better than our current situation), and a complete dearth of talent on both sides of the football.

I don't think that it's controversial to say that 2017 Minnesota is way more talented than 2011 Minnesota. Frankly, I don't think that it's close.
2011 Minnesota would have struggled to compete in the MAC regardless of coaching. 2017 Minnesota had a legitimate shot to beat Maryland, Purdue, and Michigan State with below average coaching.

I think that you got hung up on the fact that I was insulting a friend of yours so I apologize for being a jerk about it, but they were really bad.

MNVCGUY, my original point was that expectations for Fleck were higher than expectations for Kill because he inherited a vastly more talented team than Kill did. I watched the Brewster to Kill transition. The team that Kill took over had former running backs playing corner (poorly), a former receiver playing QB (surprisingly better than our current situation), and a complete dearth of talent on both sides of the football.

I don't think that it's controversial to say that 2017 Minnesota is way more talented than 2011 Minnesota. Frankly, I don't think that it's close.
2011 Minnesota would have struggled to compete in the MAC regardless of coaching. 2017 Minnesota had a legitimate shot to beat Maryland, Purdue, and Michigan State with below average coaching.

I think that you got hung up on the fact that I was insulting a friend of yours so I apologize for being a jerk about it, but they were really bad.

Again, it appears you were having a totally different discussion about a completely different topic because what I and others were responding to was your assertion that none of the guys from 2011 could even make the 2017 team which is just laughable.

The 2011 and 2017 rosters were compared in a different thread from top to bottom and they were surprisingly similar across the board in terms of talent. The assertion that some have made that this year's team is vastly superior to 2011 is just not true. There are some massive holes on this year's team at key positions like QB, WR, and DE. But I am not going to waste time diving back into that.

Again, it appears you were having a totally different discussion about a completely different topic because what I and others were responding to was your assertion that none of the guys from 2011 could even make the 2017 team which is just laughable.

The 2011 and 2017 rosters were compared in a different thread from top to bottom and they were surprisingly similar across the board in terms of talent. The assertion that some have made that this year's team is vastly superior to 2011 is just not true. There are some massive holes on this year's team at key positions like QB, WR, and DE. But I am not going to waste time diving back into that.

Tightly related and I don't think that is laughable on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know that anyone top-to-bottom on that 2011 team would be better than what we're starting or rotating in on defense right now.
2011 was a vastly inferior team in terms of talent all around.

And I don’t think there’s any chance Claeys would have won even 5 with McLaurin or Green at QB, which is who he was going to go with.

Croft would have been serviceable under the old coaching staff. He isn't with these coaches.

The 2011 and 2017 rosters were compared in a different thread from top to bottom and they were surprisingly similar across the board in terms of talent.

People see what they want to. Your statement that they were compared is accurate, but there was hardly any agreement on how they compared to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacobs, Kirksey, Lair, McKnight, Royston, Stoudermire, Tinsley, Bunders, Orton and Wynn would all 100% be on the 2-deep on this years team. McKnight would be far and away the best receiver on the roster and it would not even be close.

Good chance all these guys would be injured and not playing on this years roster.

Top Bottom