The season will be a success if the Gophers beat Bucky

Bring back the Axe

Reaction score
In no way shape or form will losing this week signal growth. Let's shelf that, if only for one week.

Winning would go a long way toward curing the very strong case of side-eye many beleaguered Gopher fans have toward PJ. He needs to sell out to win this weekend, however slim those hopes seem to be. No more Year Zero, no more succeeding by failing bs, I want to see a completely laser-focused effort that doesn't hold anything back and an attitude and gameplan that throws caution to the wind.

Winning would make the season a huge success. Beating Wisconsin and wrecking their best ever chance at a natty would be awesome. That said, it isn't likely to happen. They are good and Gophers are not. Hard to game plan around that.

Tin-Foil Hat On:

The B1G won't let it happen. Too much money at stake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be a great win but I won't be putting money on it.

Yep. Given the extremely high (for them) stakes involved, far as I'm concerned, beating Wisconsin would make this season an unquestionable success in spite of everything else which has taken place. It's not a great match-up for us what with our semi-putrid and always inconsistent offense matching up against their excellent D (and not to mention our run defense facing that line and that RB), but crazy things happen all the time in college football (witness Iowa losing at home to Purdue yesterday just weeks after hammering the living crap out of Ohio State). Sconny has hardly looked indomitable every game, in fact they've laid some borderline eggs, and Alex Hornibrook as we know is ever capable of hornibrookin' it up and making some just killer mistakes.

Maybe they'll come in tight, or flat, or looking past us? Hey, one can only hope, right? Iowa had their moment of glory in the aforementioned Ohio State game, so I don't see why we can't have our own moment in the sun. I feel like this team and certainly its seniors deserve that, and so do the fans for that matter. It's been a miserably long-suffering affair against these bucking Fadgers, and it's just way past time, man.

No possible way.

I want to win to shut people up, but this season has been complete trash and nothing can change that. Total ineptitude by PJ and his boys. Go Gophers!

Beat Becky and the season is for sure a success. 6 wins, crazy roller coaster ride, but an upset that spoils so much would make me smile.

The Gopher's best chance to win this game is for the entire Wisconsin 2-deep to catch the flu. This isn't a game where they are going to compete on coaching or talent. It's a game where they might have a small chance of competing on really awful luck for the Badgers.

The Gopher's best chance to win this game is for the entire Wisconsin 2-deep to catch the flu. This isn't a game where they are going to compete on coaching or talent. It's a game where they might have a small chance of competing on really awful luck for the Badgers.

Are you trying to say that a bad Gopher team has very little chance to beat one of the top 5 teams in the country? Weird.

As to the point of thread, yes, if we win, this season is an absolute success.

Beat Becky and the season is for sure a success. 6 wins, crazy roller coaster ride, but an upset that spoils so much would make me smile.

No way is it a success but it would be really sweet. That said, not sure I've ever looked forward to a Gopher game less. Just the thought of how many *ssholes in red are going to be sitting around us depresses me.

I suspect we'll be thinking about the incoming recruits and next year 20 minutes into the game when we're down 24 points. The odds of us winning 30:1

Carrey.jpgCarrey.jpg

looking at the best games that the gophers have played and the weapons the gophers have available, i don't see much of a chance except that it is a rivalry game. even in 2007, when the gophers won 1 game, they played the badgers tough. we were tied going into the 4th quarter (this is a better badger team).

heck, i thought the gophers had no chance against wsu last year.

i'd like it to at least be respectable (this is what i have come to expect in my years of being a gopher fan, a respectable loss versus the badgers).

As much as I would enjoy watching the gophers beat bucking fadgers, I just don’t see it happening since we got skunk by NW. and if pj found a way to win I still would not consider the season a success. Why? Cause too many close losses to teams we could have beat.

As much as I would enjoy watching the gophers beat bucking fadgers, I just don’t see it happening since we got skunk by NW. and if pj found a way to win I still would not consider the season a success. Why? Cause too many close losses to teams we could have beat.
PJ was just saving points for the Whisky Beer Cheese game cause he knows the fans would like that victory more than a NW win.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It may be pipe dreams, but you betcha!

Upsetting Wisconsin and preventing them from being in conversations about the playoffs will be the greatest thing since slice bread.

Maybe, whoever stole the Detlef Stein can return it to the rightful owners.

I'm usually as positive as it gets to Gopher football. I will be there, cheering, this Saturday.

But I think this Saturday is going to be a bloodbath.....

I'll be happier with this year overall compared to last seasons nine wins if the Gophs beat Wisc. Don't know if that is all based on my hatred of the Badgers or what, but please let it happen.

Does anyone know what hotel they are staying at and who is the caterer?

It will also be a success if we make the playoff and win the national championship.

Tin-Foil Hat On:

The B1G won't let it happen. Too much money at stake

Short of paying someone on the sidelines to run out onto the field and tackle a would be Gopher player to prevent him from winning the game ...... short of that, this is correct. Wisconsin winning on Sat, and then winning the Champ game, is set in stone by decree of Premier Delany.

Well, here's a strategy we could try... If they don't show up we win.

... back in college we decided to name our intramural softball team "BYE", that way we showed up on everyone's schedule as "Your Team" vs "BYE". We won about a third of our games because the other team didn't show, which kind of sucked cause we didn't get to play too many games, but we did win the league championship. Can we tell the BADgers the game has been moved to Sunday, or that it's now a 7PM kickoff? Or at least that it's too cold so we've moved the game to US Bank?

So the season is not going to be a success. We are going to get killed.

I know it will be tough...but why not us? Other teams have pulled off huge upsets as they showed up to win. We can do it too with all the stars align. Go Gophers give it a shot!

They must have an official food tester. I would.

After 9 wins, a .500 regular season is successful? A win would be big, and a bowl would be good, but the season was a step backward. Not a successful seasons however you want to spin it.

After 9 wins, a .500 regular season is successful? A win would be big, and a bowl would be good, but the season was a step backward. Not a successful seasons however you want to spin it.

a .500 season with a win over a top 5 team in a top 5 trophy game would absolutely be a successful season. I mean it's not as huge as an NDSU / Whitewater matchup but a fan can dream.

I'll personally go door to door and fundraise for the Fleck statue outside of of TCF if they somehow pull this off.

I agree with the poster above that said the B1G will never let that happen. The Badgers are basically the only hope at a CFB playoff spot. I'm guessing the on-field and booth officials will have an extra meeting this week. The Gophers will be fighting against the current on this one.

All that said, I don't think it'll matter much. The Badgers are so much better. We'll be lucky to have a competitive game. Unfortunately, I've already paid to witness this blood bath in person.

Top Bottom