The season will be a success if the Gophers beat Bucky

OK, how about this: in the last 10 seasons of Big Ten play ... are there any examples of something comparable?? A team with 2,3,4,5 wins knocks off the top team in the conference on the last week of the regular season??

Anyone?

The only way to stop that running game is to blitz every down and force scony to throw.

If they pull it off, this year's 6-6 will easily equal last year's 8-4.

The only way to stop that running game is to blitz every down and force scony to throw.

I pretty much agree. Go for broke, concede that you'll probably give up a couple long TDs but hope for a couple turnovers to make up for it. It's better than dying a slow death while they run it down our throat all day.

It will be nice to change the stripe colors on a badger!

BADGER ROADKILL.jpg

I will be there but based on our many weaknesses it is hard to envision an upset. I will stayed entertained by calling event staff and reporting drunk Skunks to have them kicked out of the stadium.

We really should wear our 1993 throwback uniforms on Saturday.

I will be there but based on our many weaknesses it is hard to envision an upset. I will stayed entertained by calling event staff and reporting drunk Skunks to have them kicked out of the stadium.

I salute you and all the others who are going to be in attendance in the face of what seems like certain defeat. You are TRUE fans.

As for the game, as others have mentioned I agree that this will have to be a very high-risk high-reward game plan. I am very skeptical that the current staff has the will or the wherewithal to come up with the type of outside the box scheme that could really give the Gophers a chance, despite the fact the they do have the personnel to create havoc if given the opportunity, and Hornibrook has shown a tendency to turn it over.

My head says that this will be another flat Year Zero no-edge snoozefest where the Gophers get drilled in the name of 'the process', but I am hoping against hope they show a little Holiday-bowl type edge and ingenuity that at least makes the game interesting.

Winning would make the season a huge success. Beating Wisconsin and wrecking their best ever chance at a natty would be awesome. That said, it isn't likely to happen. They are good and Gophers are not. Hard to game plan around that.

Yeah, but that did happen in 1993. Ooooh and it was nice. Coincidentally, it is also the only Gophers game I ever watched with My cousins from WI.

This morning on KFAN The Fargo Flash predicts us to win!! On a serious note, will we have more than 7 O-Lineman dressed to play (like we did vs NW)?

This morning on KFAN The Fargo Flash predicts us to win!! On a serious note, will we have more than 7 O-Lineman dressed to play (like we did vs NW)?

Wright played (not the whole game) with a cast on a hand/wrist. And Olson hurt his leg/ankle but came back in the game.

If those two are out, I think we're down to the five start OL who are non true Freshman, including Dovich and Oseland. Would be terrible to burn a redshirt for one game, if it comes to that.

Justin Conzemius picked the Gophers.

He seems a little nuts.

For this game, I just don't see it.
Other times I've been more optimistic, but this feels like a 45-6 game coming.

I pretty much agree. Go for broke, concede that you'll probably give up a couple long TDs but hope for a couple turnovers to make up for it. It's better than dying a slow death while they run it down our throat all day.

Agreed. If they beat us in the passing game, so be it. Better chance for turnovers when they throw the ball too.

Justin Conzemius picked the Gophers.

He seems a little nuts.

For this game, I just don't see it.
Other times I've been more optimistic, but this feels like a 45-6 game coming.

When you and the other doomsday cultists picked us to lose at Oregon State? Yeah, you've been a bastion of intrepid determination and optimism.

After 9 wins, a .500 regular season is successful? A win would be big, and a bowl would be good, but the season was a step backward. Not a successful seasons however you want to spin it.

Besides beating wazzu (which we had 1 months to prepare) we didnt beat any one of interest last yr. Plus I hope you guys can look people straight in the eyes and say you thought we should win 9 games this year with our roster which included

- little OL depth due to TC and kill barely taking any 3-4 yrs ago
-little WR talent
-Croft as basically the only qb available
-a gutted Secondary
- no b1g caliber DEs hence starting a true frosh and a LB

Come on pj ruesse. This season was doomed. All good college teams have success because rhey have a 2 or even 3 deep that have players of equal talent and are interchangeable. The gophers started the season with about 20 quality, ready players and not even close to a full 2 deep roster.

The Gopher's best chance to win this game is for the entire Wisconsin 2-deep to catch the flu. This isn't a game where they are going to compete on coaching or talent. It's a game where they might have a small chance of competing on really awful luck for the Badgers.

So you are saying there is a chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom