Chris Streveler '17

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Granted it's FCS and he missed a game with an injury, but Steveler has this season 3,236 yards passing (66%), with 23 TDs and only 5 interceptions, + 635 yards rushing.

We'd have had +2.5 wins with Streveler this year.

I suppose it's been about what 2 weeks since we had a Streveler thread? Right on cue

maxresdefault.jpg

And yet you've apparently clicked on all of them. Interesting. The definition of insanity is what?

It's a real shame that he left; and that the previous coaching staff refused to let him pass the ball.

Not sure of the sentiment here...some of you think this reflects poorly on the coaching staff, or something, which is fine. Others are just interested to watch a former player go on to have a pretty good story. Others seem to be bothered by a story about Strev, but don't mind thirteen uniform threads every week. Disclosure: I don't care about uniforms, so I don't click on those. Crazy.

I think it's a nice story. Too bad they couldn't pick off NDSU.

Not sure of the sentiment here...some of you think this reflects poorly on the coaching staff, or something, which is fine. Others are just interested to watch a former player go on to have a pretty good story. Others seem to be bothered by a story about Strev, but don't mind thirteen uniform threads every week. Disclosure: I don't care about uniforms, so I don't click on those. Crazy.

I think it's a nice story. Too bad they couldn't pick off NDSU.

So you are OK that our Uniform Saturday had no maroon or gold? You need to rethink your priorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are OK that our Uniform Saturday had no maroon or gold? You need to rethink your priorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more upset that Fleck wasn't wearing more warm weather clothing on Saturday. Could catch a cold.

speaking of former QB's I think that someone wrote that Gino Capaletti was the last former Gopher to throw a non-strike TD in an NFL game. Someone may have already wrote this, but its not exactly true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spergon_Wynn

Spergon Wynn! Had entirely forgotten about him - another QB who went through the carousel here. Gino actually played QB his senior year for Warmath (before that was a blocking back (which was what QB was in the Wing-T) in the shadow of left halfback and all-everything Paul Giel. I thought he kicked field goals in the NFL.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not sure if Streveler would have helped this year, but it's inexcusable to move a guy like this to a different position. Some guys are lost for a few years and finally figure it out as upperclassmen, which is why transfers are almost always a negative.

Ra'Shede was viewed as a bust by a lot of "experts" since he did next to nothing his first 3 years in the program, but he obviously figured it out. This is why I hope Seth Green stays with the program...

I'm not sure if Streveler would have helped this year, but it's inexcusable to move a guy like this to a different position. Some guys are lost for a few years and finally figure it out as upperclassmen, which is why transfers are almost always a negative.

Ra'Shede was viewed as a bust by a lot of "experts" since he did next to nothing his first 3 years in the program, but he obviously figured it out. This is why I hope Seth Green stays with the program...

Streveler is an interesting case. The first 2 years, U of M publicity went way out of their way to pump his athleticism. Then it stopped. For some reason Kill quit on him. Not sure why as he seems like a decent guy and they never had QB depth. Would have been a huge help this year. Huge.

As someone who has watched plenty of USD football over the past 2 years, I disagree that Streveler would be a huge upgrade here. He’s a good runner but passing wise he dinks and dunks to WRs who actually get open.

On top of that he has a weak arm. 2 weeks ago they were 35 yards away from the end zone where they had to score a TD and he could barely get the ball to the goal line. He’s a good FCS player but he’d struggle in the B1G, especially with our current WRs.

As someone who has watched plenty of USD football over the past 2 years, I disagree that Streveler would be a huge upgrade here. He’s a good runner but passing wise he dinks and dunks to WRs who actually get open.

On top of that he has a weak arm. 2 weeks ago they were 35 yards away from the end zone where they had to score a TD and he could barely get the ball to the goal line. He’s a good FCS player but he’d struggle in the B1G, especially with our current WRs.

You are aware of what the current bar is, yes?

I recall watching Streveler at the U, particularly in spring games, and thinking "why is this guy not a running back??"

I'm glad he found success at USD this year. Granted, their season has taken a bad turn towards the end ... not sure how much of that has to do with the huge sexual assault controversy. But hopefully they pull out at least a couple wins in the playoffs against inferior opponents.

Top Bottom