WRs next year

MissouriGopher

Reaction score
I was thinking about how our WRs looked on Saturday and couldn't help but imagine it next year. This might be the most exciting WR Corps we've had in a long time, certainly since 2012.

TJ - Douglas - CAB is a starting group with a lot of talent and potential. We know what TJ can do and hopefully he can improve on his tendency to drop balls. Douglas offers us a lot of speed and looked good in his limited time. From reports, CAB gives us the 50-50 high-point catching ability that we lacked this year.

The backups would presumably be Howard - Williams - Manns/Bateman. Maybe we could see Van Dyne with some development. There's a lot of unknown there but two of those guys have shown some potential and the incoming freshmen have looked really good in high school.

Obviously, these guys might not pan out, like what happened in 2012. But it's exciting to think of what could be with that group.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bateman starts game 1. I also think the 2 deep will be mostly new players.
Starters - Johnson, Autman-Bell, Bateman
Backups - Douglas, Howard, Van Dyne

Can't get any worse than what we saw yesterday. We've been suffering for playmakers for some time so high hopes for CAB and Bateman, Manns, Van Dyne, and others. TJ is solid, some reports say he's been nursing his wrist leading to the drops. I'm skeptical about that but despite a recent case of the drops he's still a solid playmaker.

I will believe it when I see it. Someone just make a play.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Does Adam Thielen have any eligibility left?

For those who follow the recruiting backgrounds...are these proven receivers in high school, Juco, etc. or athletes being recruited as receivers?

I'd really like to watch at least one of the former...I feel like we.ve been getting a lot of the latter for some time.

I will believe it when I see it. Someone just make a play.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Yep. Ever since Hayo Carpenter I try not to get too excited.

Holland Jr, Register and Still all had such praise and “upside”. Chances Simon can get anything out of them? I suspect Still is gone after this year, right?

Holland Jr, Register and Still all had such praise and “upside”. Chances Simon can get anything out of them? I suspect Still is gone after this year, right?

I'll be surprised if any of those 3 are still on the team next year.

Drew H shouldn't be slept on. Great athlete. He needs some development, but I think he ends up being a very good player.

Was the Douglas injury ever reported on in detail? What did he do exactly that cost him the season?

Next Year: I believe the bold are scholarship players.
Freshmen:
Mann, Bateman, Gibson, Douglas, Autman-Bell

Red-Shirt Freshmen:
H. Van Dyne, B. Annexstad

Sophomore:
Williams, Howard, Hmielewski, Y. Van Dyne, Geary

Juniors:
Johnson, Register, Morse, Gossage

Seniors:
Still, Holland, Reger

Will Douglas be a Freshman? Did he get a RS after he injury?

I has such high hopes for Holland.

Freshmen:

Red-Shirt Freshmen:

Sophomore:

Juniors:

Seniors:
Still, Holland, Reger

What are the chances Still and/or Holland move on? Holland especially. As bad as the WR play has been and I haven't seen him out there, doesn't bode well for him.

Also, how sad is it that Howard just tied Douglas for the second most receptions as a WR (Smith has more)? Douglas only played in 3 games. Hopefully he can return healthy. If he does I'd think he'll be a major impact.

What are the chances Still and/or Holland move on? Holland especially. As bad as the WR play has been and I haven't seen him out there, doesn't bode well for him.

Also, how sad is it that Howard just tied Douglas for the second most receptions as a WR (Smith has more)? Douglas only played in 3 games. Hopefully he can return healthy. If he does I'd think he'll be a major impact.

Holland already red-shirted, so having been in school for four years, it's likely he moves on IMO.

Holland was injured, season ending, early in the year. I would guess he either finishes out his career here next year or he graduates and decides to not play next year.
Considering we attempt less than 20 passes a game, sometimes way less, and haven't completed many it's not surprising at all that Howard just tied Douglas for 2nd.

Freshmen:

Red-Shirt Freshmen:

Sophomore:

Juniors:

Seniors:
Still, Holland, Reger

Still won't still be with the team? I'd rather have an Olson brother running routes.

If it's not a wrist problem with TJ than it's a strength problem. A stronger/healthier-wristed WR has a touchdown vs Michigan and Nebraska.

Yea, I still remember watching their HUDL vids, especially Holland.

I know CAB was injured during pre-season practice, what injury did he have that they couldn't bring him back and have him play?

I know CAB was injured during pre-season practice, what injury did he have that they couldn't bring him back and have him play?

Foot injury of some sort.

Freshmen:

Red-Shirt Freshmen:

Sophomore:

Juniors:

Seniors:
Still, Holland, Reger

Has there been a Register sighting? He has become the forgotten guy (even less play than Holland).

Same question I have with Douglas. I never actually heard what the injury was/is that has kept him out this year. Knowing what it was might change my perception of his future upside.

I was 100% sure that I saw a #3 on the field against NW this past game. I thought it was during an offensive play and not a special teams play, so it would only make sense that it was CAB and not Jerry Gibson.

I could be wrong, but have yet to find a participation report from that game to confirm. Any participation report sleuths out there that can confirm one way or the other? It is entirely possible that I didn't see what I thought I saw through the boiling blood in my eyes at the time.

I was 100% sure that I saw a #3 on the field against NW this past game. I thought it was during an offensive play and not a special teams play, so it would only make sense that it was CAB and not Jerry Gibson.

I could be wrong, but have yet to find a participation report from that game to confirm. Any participation report sleuths out there that can confirm one way or the other? It is entirely possible that I didn't see what I thought I saw through the boiling blood in my eyes at the time.

Gibson tore his ACL and CAB is redshirting.

Top Bottom