***OFFICIAL WESTERN CAROLINA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
We've got Western Carolina on tap today, and former Wolves sharpshooter and Western Carolina alum Kevin Martin will not be walking through those doors. Let's hope we get off to a better start today than we did vs Niagara.

I want the guys on the bench to get some run.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dupree continuing to look nice from behind the arc

Catamounts are 6/7 from 3, 0/4 from 2.

I'm calling it now. Western Carolina will miss at least one more 3 pointer in this game.

Gophers looking sloppy against a lesser opponent. They need to shore it up.

Gophers looking sloppy against a lesser opponent. They need to shore it up.

Eh, hopefully Pitino uses the 3-point defense (or the lack of it) as a teaching/motivating point with this veteran team. But they didn't score a FG the last 5 minutes. Hard to complain to much being up by 9, especially feeling confident that we will win by 25+.

For some perspective, MSU (#2 in the country) was only up by 6 at half against Stony Brook

Eh, hopefully Pitino uses the 3-point defense (or the lack of it) as a teaching/motivating point with this veteran team. But they didn't score a FG the last 5 minutes. Hard to complain to much being up by 9, especially feeling confident that we will win by 25+.

For some perspective, MSU (#2 in the country) was only up by 6 at half against Stony Brook
I hear you. There were too many silly turnovers. The passes they attempted were one's they wouldn't try against a better opponent. They shouldn't be attempted here either.

I hear you. There were too many silly turnovers. The passes they attempted were one's they wouldn't try against a better opponent. They shouldn't be attempted here either.

I can agree with that. Let's enjoy as we continue our trend of second-half domination and hopefully get a lot of minutes for the bench guys.

Nice first half by Mason. Hopefully we see some better defense in the 2nd half.

Come on Lynch, really? Looks like last year all over again.

These officials are clueless. The 4th on Mason was a joke.

Time to see how next year's starting 5 does.

These officials are clueless. The 4th on Mason was a joke.
One of the worst calls I've seen this season. Not only was that kid moving defensively, his feet were also inside the arch. Just an absolutely brutal call by that bald ref.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Pitino is not happy with Lynch as are some fans. How could he not learn anything from last year?

Konate needs the minutes anyway. This isn't going to be the last time Lynch will be riding the bench and Konate's size is enough to alter some of the shots from the WC team.

Konate needs the minutes anyway. This isn't going to be the last time Lynch will be riding the bench and Konate's size is enough to alter some of the shots from the WC team.
Understand but what about Big Ten play?

Understand but what about Big Ten play?

Lynch had 1, 3, and 2 fouls in our first three games, respectively. Its gotten better, in my honest opinion. Hopefully there are more games like those than like this one. Bakary has still been playing quite well in his absence.

Lynch had 1, 3, and 2 fouls in our first three games, respectively. Its gotten better, in my honest opinion. Hopefully there are more games like those than like this one. Bakary has still been playing quite well in his absence.

Hope that you are right. And I like Lynch, really do. But I think that foul line that you site is also a reflection of Pitino managing him harder-meaning grabbing and taking him out this year. Providence he was yanked earlier in my estimation than he would have been last year. It is non conference and the team is deeper this year. Have to believe that his foul line you show would be worse if it was last year and Pitino is thinking he needs him on the floor. But two of his fouls today appear to suggest he hasn’t learned from last year.

Well to be blunt this issue will cost a couple of games. Can't expect Lynch to stay out of foul trouble every game

Good point, guess have to be more patient, he so valuable when he is on the floor. Let’s be blessed when he is.

Top Bottom