39-0. Croft attempted 11 passes?

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
I have this on PVR but don't think I will watch. How is it that the Gophers passed the ball only 11 times (with 2 completions)?

Can't block, can't throw, can't catch. Inferior at all positions athletically. 20-25 mph winds and heavy rain. That's how.

regardless of drops or interceptions-- we are getting crushed most of the game and our coaches had no interest in trying to catch up. Most teams who are down would have trying to move the ball or gone hurry up occasionally. This attitude is on the coaches. If were going to run the ball the fact we didn't do any read options is mind-blowing.

regardless of drops or interceptions-- we are getting crushed most of the game and our coaches had no interest in trying to catch up. Most teams who are down would have trying to move the ball or gone hurry up occasionally. This attitude is on the coaches. If were going to run the ball the fact we didn't do any read options is mind-blowing.

Most wouldn't have punted on 4th and 5, down 25-0, on the opponents 40-yard line either. All these things are mind-blowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our entire offense appeared to prefer to just stay on the bus than play today. Most looked like they hated even being out there.

There were a lot of times where we were looking to throw, but the pocket collapsed before our WR could get open.

17 of the last 19 plays were run plays-- someone tell me that Fleck gave up on scoring and just tried to take the time off the clock

First drive they pass on early downs. Same approach with first drive at Michigan. FUNNY - good things happen! These ball coaches outthink themselves sometimes.

It seems as if they try to piss certain players off so they leave.. Drain the swamp in football?? I’ve got total trust in what he’s doing though.

There were a lot of times where we were looking to throw, but the pocket collapsed before our WR could get open.

You're right. I rewatched the offensive series and he had no time. One of the sacks was his fault.

Croft was what, 2 of 11 passing. But, depending on which account of the game you read, there were anywhere from 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 catchable balls that were dropped. If they just complete 3 of those, Croft is 5 of 11 - not great, but not terrible given the weather and field conditions. On the one red-zone plan, Howard absolutely alligator-armed the ball, leading to an interception.

Half the game we were going into a driving wind. You need to be able to run the ball consistently to sustain drives and we weren't able to do that. The drops don't help either. But I don't have a lot of faith in Demry attempting more than 10-15 passes a game as it is.

With injuries included, we might have the worst WR core out of any power 5 team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rashad Still was the leading receiver with 36 yards, which was 10 more yards than NW's leading receiver.

Pretty much all of his passes were very catchable, by someone playing football. There's that.

Before the game when the team was coming out of the locker room for warmups they had to walk through about 5 inches of standing water. I think this might have been a big problem as if you have ever tried to walk say an hour with wet socks. It really beats your feet up. You could totally see it in the players eyes they didn't want to be there! Just my thought!

Rashad Still was the leading receiver with 36 yards, which was 10 more yards than NW's leading receiver.

Still caught a pass. Think about the enormity of that true statement. The future is bright.

The differences are that Northwestern was not down by multiple touchdowns and didn’t need to pass at all in the entire second half. That’s great Still had a 36 yard catch on a surprise first play. Then dropped at least 2 catchable first downs.

The differences are that Northwestern was not down by multiple touchdowns and didn’t need to pass at all in the entire second half. That’s great Still had a 36 yard catch on a surprise first play. Then dropped at least 2 catchable first downs.

I think you are beginning to understand the Gophers' dilemma yesterday.

Croft was what, 2 of 11 passing. But, depending on which account of the game you read, there were anywhere from 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 catchable balls that were dropped. If they just complete 3 of those, Croft is 5 of 11 - not great, but not terrible given the weather and field conditions. On the one red-zone plan, Howard absolutely alligator-armed the ball, leading to an interception.

No doubt, every QB that’s ever played would love to have no dropped passes. Without drops, even Leidner would have been 65-70%.

Top Bottom