Certainly can't blame this all on Demry, but.....

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I don't remember the last time I've seen a QB line like this:

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QB Rating
Demry Croft 2/11 43 3.9 0 3 0.6

And the rushing line:

9 attempts for -17 yards

Some awful stats. Even though Demry was playing injured looking at that stat line and seeing a game that was out of hand at halftime, wondering why they kept him in at Quarterback is a good question. Knowing that the sacks he endured made up most of that negative rushing line makes it an even better question.

I can't help but picture Bob Uecker looking over the box score after a painful loss in Major League: "One hit? That's all we got, one goddamn hit?"

Some awful stats. Even though Demry was playing injured looking at that stat line and seeing a game that was out of had at halftime, wondering why they kept him in a Quarterback is a good question. Knowing that the sacks he endured made up most of that negative rushing line makes it an even better question.

Agreed. One of the more irritating things I've noticed about Fleck is his apparent lack of empathy for his own players. Why have Demry out there the whole game under the circumstances? Why have Rodney Smith continuing to run into the defensive line late in the 4th quarter? Why not let someone like Green have a drive or two at QB in the 4th quarter?

Demry is not good - he floats his passes (no zip on the ball) and le hacks toughness and leadership - watch him on the zone read when he hands the ball off - he does nothing to try to deceive anyone that he does not have the ball - does not initiate contact - poor player on a poor team
-

Demry is not good - he floats his passes (no zip on the ball) and le hacks toughness and leadership - watch him on the zone read when he hands the ball off - he does nothing to try to deceive anyone that he does not have the ball - does not initiate contact - poor player on a poor team
-

And you haven't been reading. He's been playing with a "lower body injury" and the coaching staff have cautioned him about staying away from contact. It was only last week where they said that they "were going to let him run a little more". Once he refuses to run when it's open 2-3 times the defense just gets to ignore the threat all together.

Question is why do they keep him out there then?

It would be nice to throw more than 11 times a game so that a few of them could be 1st and 2nd down instead of 3rd and long throws or down by 28 point throws. 2 for 2 on first two early down throws. 3 of 3 was a gimme dropped by WR I believe.

It would be nice to throw more than 11 times a game so that a few of them could be 1st and 2nd down instead of 3rd and long. 2 for 2 on first two early down throws. 3 of 3 was a gimme dropped by WR I believe.

He had a nice first down throw and then Still happened.

If Demry was so hurt that he couldn't run the QB keep, then he really shouldn't have been playing. It was just setting him up for failure. Now he has to hear about how it was one of the worst games ever played by an NCAA qb or whatever.

If Demry was so hurt that he couldn't run the QB keep, then he really shouldn't have been playing. It was just setting him up for failure. Now he has to hear about how it was one of the worst games ever played by an NCAA qb or whatever.

Yet it wasn't much different than his stat line against Illinois and Michigan.

Yet it wasn't much different than his stat line against Illinois and Michigan.

Games where he was quoted as saying that the coaches had told him to slide and avoid contact "because they couldn't risk another injured quarterback"? Yeah, it was pretty similar.

Your disdain for anybody who played before this season is unreal. Question why he was playing? Nope, why didn't the guy just do his job! Unreal..

Your disdain for anybody who played before this season is unreal. Question why he was playing? Nope, why didn't the guy just do his job! Unreal..

How do I have disdain for players before this season? 2014 was one of my favorite years ever as a Gopher fan. Even though I never wanted Claeys as a head coach, I wanted them to win every game last year.

How do I have disdain for players before this season? 2014 was one of my favorite years ever as a Gopher fan. Even though I never wanted Claeys as a head coach, I wanted them to win every game last year.

So answer his question then. Why would PJ play an injured player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So answer his question then. Why would PJ play an injured player?

I don't know? No one knew he was injured until after the game. They have no better options at QB anyways. Croft without his legs is still similar to Rhoda.

If he was hurt he shouldn't have been in there. The value he brings is that he's a better runner than Rhoda, if he can't run you may as well have Rhoda in there.

If he was hurt he shouldn't have been in there. The value he brings is that he's a better runner than Rhoda, if he can't run you may as well have Rhoda in there.

Exactly!
Or here's an idea, play Green. With the weather conditions the way they were, throwing for either team was going to be minimal and it was. With Green they could have run more read options and maybe opened up some better running lanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that Rhoda could hit WRs in the hands and watch them drop the ball?

Great insight as usual. If you don't think most of the starters are playing nicked up by this time of the year, then I don't believe you have ever played football at any level.

Well young fella, should I have talked about star ratings instead?

Why play a guy who's greatest asset is running the ball, when he can't run the ball and has been told not too. Can't imagine what kind of idiot wouldn't get that.

Oh and the coaching staff have known that he was hurt for weeks now. Hence all the talk about "staying in the pocket" and Croft being told to slide because they couldn't afford "to get another QB hurt". Also explains why they said that they were "gonna let him run a little more" before the Nebraska game. Most likely he re-injured it then or during practice this week.

But hell, you don't care. Let 'um all get hurt, just never question a coaches' decision. :banghead:

Anybody who doesn't get that must think the lineman who are dinged-up are told not to block and D-backs "playing thru it" are told to never tackle, only focus on knocking a ball down...

Well young fella, should I have talked about star ratings instead?

Oh and the coaching staff have known that he was hurt for weeks now. Hence all the talk about "staying in the pocket" and Croft being told to slide because they couldn't afford "to get another QB hurt". Also explains why they said that they were "gonna let him run a little more" before the Nebraska game. Most likely he re-injured it then or during practice this week.

But hell, you don't care. Let 'um all get hurt, just never question a coaches' decision. :banghead:

He sure looked hurt last week!

Croft didn't have to play if he thought he was too hurt to play. But sure the coaches are just cracking the whip and forcing these guys against their will to play through severe injuries! :rolleyes:

Games where he was quoted as saying that the coaches had told him to slide and avoid contact "because they couldn't risk another injured quarterback"? Yeah, it was pretty similar.

Yup. Anyone associated with the recent past is not accepted by weather guy.

He sure looked hurt last week!

Croft didn't have to play if he thought he was too hurt to play. But sure the coaches are just cracking the whip and forcing these guys against their will to play through severe injuries! :rolleyes:

Actually I thought it looked like he pulled a hammy or something on that long run last week when he was caught near the goal line. He did get in for the TD on the next play but Rhoda came in the next time we had the ball. If you watch the highlight you will see him slow up at the end of his long run. Maybe not but it sure looked like he pulled up hurt there at the end. Either way, he was injured at some point.

Actually I thought it looked like he pulled a hammy or something on that long run last week when he was caught near the goal line. He did get in for the TD on the next play but Rhoda came in the next time we had the ball. If you watch the highlight you will see him slow up at the end of his long run. Maybe not but it sure looked like he pulled up hurt there at the end. Either way, he was injured at some point.

Could be. To me it looked like he tripped over his own two feet, but it could have been injury related.

My point is he didn't look injured today, and no one knew there was any sort of issue until Fleck mentioned it after the game. But the usual suspects want/need something to rip the coaching staff for.

He looked hurt on one of his runs out of bounds today. Think it was when they punted from the NW 40 yard line.

Rhoda was at the helm for and lost the two other possibly winnable games on our B1G schedule so that ends the "Rhoda should be playing" argument.

Demry did what he needed to do in a should win (IL) and winnable (Neb.) games.

We've played 3 top-25 teams on the road (IA, NW, MICH) and we will have played two top-25 teams at home (WI, MSU). You expect Demry to guide us to a win in one of those? As if he's the reason we're inferior to those 5? C'mon.

Top Bottom