Go ahead, ask me to grade Demry Croft (“How Do You Like Me Now”)

I think Rhoda is more decisive and makes better throws, and I think it’s so obvious that I don’t even know how to respond to someone who denies it.

Like Coach Fleck?

Obviously there are two camps in this debate that will never see eye to eye. I half hope Rhoda comes in vs Wisconsin so we can put this to bed.

I don’t have any inside info, but it seems to me that Flecks decision to trashcan Rhoda in favor of Croft isn’t about who a better QB today. He decided that in 2017 wins and losses don’t matter, so he benched the senior in favor of the young guy. But to a middle-class diehard for whom going to one game a year is a major expenditure and season tickets are a Powerball fantasy (me), wins and losses always matter.

We do not have a quarterback controversy. Both QBs are inadequate. If either were adequate, our numbers would be much higher in terms of yardage and scores. We need to recruit a better quarterback for two years from now, along with better TE, line, and even receivers. The offense is still Kills. The new regime still needs time to implement change. This discussion is pointless with one game yet to be played.

Don't bother expecting me to read your replies. I will be too busy. I just thought I would take a moment to look in on the expected meltdown.

I only have one mantra these days. Keep going.

I don’t have any inside info, but it seems to me that Flecks decision to trashcan Rhoda in favor of Croft isn’t about who a better QB today. He decided that in 2017 wins and losses don’t matter, so he benched the senior in favor of the young guy. But to a middle-class diehard for whom going to one game a year is a major expenditure and season tickets are a Powerball fantasy (me), wins and losses always matter.

You could literally attend every game for $15 or less per ticket by buying tickets on the street before the game. You could prob. get free tickets to many of the games.

I didn't see any of the game (luckily?) as I was on a college visit to, of all places, the U. What I heard from post-game radio is that everybody sucked except Rodney and McCrary and they both fumbled the ball also. McCrary was their Player of the Game and the RBs were their Unit of the Game by default. Considering the terrible play, the horrible weather, the third-rate stadium, the vapid game atmosphere and distance traveled this game would seem to be in contention for All-Time Miserable Gopher Game to have Attended. I'm sure Croft sucked too but so did the O-line, defense, special teams and especially the WR's. As Darrel said, "flush this one and get ready for Wisconsin".

I hope you picked Nebraska as your one game

B1G schedule:

Rhoda in winnable games (PUR, MD): 0-2

Croft in winnable games (NE): 1-0

Croft in "you'd better win or shut the program down" games (ILL): 1-0

The other games were against top-25 teams where we are inferior all across the board. You'd need a Heisman QB to win any of these with this current gopher team.

So Iowa wasn’t winnable, with that defensive performance? Ok [emoji108].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to PJ.

Not to FLECK PROTECT.

Your analysis of Croft is what is substandard.

Not one drop in the past 3 games was because the ball wasn't out on time.

His TD pass to TJ against Illinois was him finding his third option. He is capable of going through progressions.

Bad play calling, lack of WR separation have more to do with the quality of the QB play.

Please provide a discussion of the bad play calls. Which plays are you proposing?

RUTM was 2/3 of the playbook of the previous admin. That was fun, and terribly unsuccessful in terms of offensive production. RUTM led directly to the horrific lack of QBs and WRs on the current roster. The previous admin did a great job with the defense, and defense - and defense only - is why the previous admin had "success" in terms of Wins and Losses.

Similar to Mason, who couldn't provide a defense to take his program to the top, Kill/Claeys failed to provide an offense that could take their program to the top.

Please provide a discussion of the bad play calls. Which plays are you proposing?

RUTM was 2/3 of the playbook of the previous admin. That was fun, and terribly unsuccessful in terms of offensive production. RUTM led directly to the horrific lack of QBs and WRs on the current roster. The previous admin did a great job with the defense, and defense - and defense only - is why the previous admin had "success" in terms of Wins and Losses.

Similar to Mason, who couldn't provide a defense to take his program to the top, Kill/Claeys failed to provide an offense that could take their program to the top.

First time we had the ball. First play, long pass down the sideline and Still actually hangs on to it. Second Play slip pass to Rodney for 7 yards. Both good plays. Next play on 2 and 3 was a draw play. Loss of 2. Terrible play call for that down and distance. It forced us into having to pass on third down, which we got sacked and had to punt. Next time we have the ball we run inside zone on first down and Rodney goes for 6. Had that play been called on 2nd and 2 in first series, we have a first down at about the 20 and who knows what happens from there. We at least are in position to kick a FG and put points on the board.

I'll agree with you that Mason couldn't field a D that was in line with his Off. and that Kill couldn't get an Off. that matched was his D was doing, but Mason had 10 years to make it happen and never got it done. Kill did not get 10 years to get it done and Claeys barely had 1 season to do anything. Now it is PJ's turn. Not really excited about the results this year and I have not seen enough out of either of our O or D coordinators that they are going to be an upgrade over what we have seen previously here.

I think Rhoda is more decisive and makes better throws, and I think it’s so obvious that I don’t even know how to respond to someone who denies it.

Maybe because the only decisive thing he did his last two games was backpedal OUT of the pocket every pass play and throw off his back foot. I think the only thing thing that one can't deny is that you are his father or uncle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom