[POST GAME THREAD] - Northwestern defeats Minnesota 39-0

You didn't know McElwain was fired this year?

Yes, I know that. I also know he won his division the last 2 years - so to say he went "splat" at Florida because he couldn't get a QB really isn't accurate now is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I would say getting fired after starting the season 3-4, because you couldn't find a QB, can be reasonably called "splat".

Not worth arguing further.

You should have read the thread first.

Designed runs is different than trying to get a first down. He seemed healthy enough to make a simple cut and pick up a first down. It would have been nice to see him at least give an effort.

Sorry to give this thread life, but just wanted to share my thoughts from being at the game.
It was really cold and miserable. I think the Gopher fans were well represented considering how bad the weather was.
It was one of those games that I thought whichever team got a decent lead early it would have a serious advantage. I'm not saying the team totally quit, but I think some of the players and fans lost heart for this game once it was 20-0. It just didn't seem like there was any way the Gophers could come back after that. Kobe's fumble really hurt. Croft's first interception really hurt. Still is very frustrating to watch. I don't understand why the offense has gone totally away from the tight ends when in my opinion Lingen is one of the few receivers that has had showed himself to be a strong threat at his position in the past.
On defense Barber appeared to be busting his butt all game to make tackles. I believe he finished with 15 and he is going to be the leader of this team.
I took a friend to the game and I think it was his first time attending a Gopher game. I don't think I picked a good one to take him too. Even during the first quarter with the terrible weather he was looking to hang out in the concourse. NW probably deserves better fans.

Top Bottom