[POST GAME THREAD] - Northwestern defeats Minnesota 39-0

Well we were in it for 2 drives. But that's about it. Still made a catch while I was still watching. Croft Made a horrible decision which cost us a field goal.

Good news though. Unlike the last few years the defense this year sucks equal parts with the offense.

Honestly, I wouldn't say that is true particularly considering the injuries, suspensions, graduation losses, etc. I believe I read in the game notes that, going into this game, the defense actually allowed 3 fewer point per game this year than last year. That's a darn good performance all things (personnel losses and the anemia of the offense) considered.

I barely had a chance to watch any of it today, and I'm kind of okay with missing as much as I did.

Honestly, I wouldn't say that is true particularly considering the injuries, suspensions, graduation losses, etc. I believe I read in the game notes that, going into this game, the defense actually allowed 3 fewer point per game this year than last year. That's a darn good performance all things (personnel losses and the anemia of the offense) considered.
That stat will change after they add 39 points from today and 52 more next week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I turned the game off early in the fourth quarter. At this point I'm disappointed, thought this season wouldn't be a large drop off, but here we are. I hope next week we can at least score, but if todays team shows up, we won't. I still have hope for the future, but wish it was here now.

First game I've watched this year. Couple observations:

1. I thought the team looked fairly solid today.
2. Number 88, I think his name is Rishone Still. He was very impressive to me. He has all the attributes of playing at the next level. What round is he projected to go in?
3. What's the meaning behind Coach Fleck running at the end of the quarter?
4. Our play caller does an excellent job of keeping our opponent off balance. Where did he come from?

Thanks for your assistance.

Go Gophers
Sky-ooh-mah
Row the Boat
Failure is Success
Success is Failure
Failure is Growth
This Is What Success Looks Like
RutROW Scooby Doo
HOW's Your Daddy

Glad I missed this one today or most of this one. I saw the drive in the first where Still dropped that first down pass. I’ll be there next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First game I've watched this year. Couple observations:

1. I thought the team looked fairly solid today.
2. Number 88, I think his name is Rishone Still. He was very impressive to me. He has all the attributes of playing at the next level. What round is he projected to go in?
3. What's the meaning behind Coach Fleck running at the end of the quarter?
4. Our play caller does an excellent job of keeping our opponent off balance. Where did he come from?

Thanks for your assistance.

Go Gophers
Sky-ooh-mah
Row the Boat
Failure is Success
Success is Failure
Failure is Growth
This Is What Success Looks Like
RutROW Scooby Doo
HOW's Your Daddy

That is a heck of a 4th post big guy.....If you enjoyed what u saw today, go ahead and tune in next week...They play some red team with an upside down M and a giant striped ferret as their mascot....should be a slobberknocker

Terrible day. Disappointing year.

Message to Gopher fans: Show up next week. Yes it's been a disappointing year, but welcome to the last 5 decades. Get all the whining and complaining out of your systems by tomorrow and by next week send the seniors off the right way. Let's try for once not to live up to our reputation.

Terrible day. Disappointing year.

Message to Gopher fans: Show up next week. Yes it's been a disappointing year, but welcome to the last 5 decades. Get all the whining and complaining out of your systems by tomorrow and by next week send the seniors off the right way. Let's try for once not to live up to our reputation.

Agree the seniors deserve it....3 frikkin coaching changes to deal with and an awful senior season....However, I'm worried that 20-25 thousand badgers will be there and the players will not get the respect they deserve.

Exactly. There is only one thing you can say after a game like this: Forget this ever happened.
The entire season is forgettable, which is just depressing.

FITZGERALD subbed down in the 4th quarter but we did not. Smith was taking a beating, Flect said Croft was playing banged up. Celestine has a bad arm I believe and yet he kept them out there. What was he trying to prove? Culture?

Agree the seniors deserve it....3 frikkin coaching changes to deal with and an awful senior season....However, I'm worried that 20-25 thousand badgers will be there and the players will not get the respect they deserve.
The other teams fans enjoy coming to WhatsaMatterU Stadium.

If you guys think it was depressing to watch on TV, you should've seen it in person. Oh, it was a real joy let me tell you. I really enjoyed driving to Chicago in a steady downpour, walking 12 min to the stadium in a steady downpour, then watching that sh!tshow in a steady downpour. Left at halftime soaked and depressed and made the long drive home.

I'm ready for the predict the score thread for next week. 47-7 Wisconsin...at least.

Agreed, especially since I don't think this coaching staff has respected this senior group with all the zero year crap and talk of no talent.

If you guys think it was depressing to watch on TV, you should've seen it in person. Oh, it was a real joy let me tell you. I really enjoyed driving to Chicago in a steady downpour, walking 12 min to the stadium in a steady downpour, then watching that sh!tshow in a steady downpour. Left at halftime soaked and depressed and made the long drive home.

I'm ready for the predict the score thread for next week. 47-7 Wisconsin...at least.

Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems pretty obvious that the Gophers have been focused on winning THE AXE for the last two weeks, and are merely more concerned with looking ahead to beating Wisconsin. Kept it simple today to avoid injuries so we can take on the Badgers with as much good health as possible! :cool:

You sir should be congratulated for that journey!

Rashad Still is the Rodney Williams of Gopher football. Has all the talent and size to be a dominant WR, and does absolutely nothing with it. He should have had a huge game today after that first catch. Instead, later drops a pass that should've been a first down and killed a drive, then appeared to run the wrong route on Demry's INT, at least Croft was trying to communicate something to him after about it. Croft had zero business making that throw, but at least try to fight for the ball or get in the guy's way. Still is a terrible route runner, and rarely fights for the football if he's covered.

Duke McGhee was also out to lunch for most of the day. He flat out gave up on one of the 2nd quarter TDs. The Northwestern RB (not Jackson) went around the edge and McGhee could have knocked him OB, but gave up and let him score.

If Croft is banged up enough that he can't run the read option with Smith or McCrary, he shouldn't be playing. The game was over, but he ran OB on a 3rd down scramble where if he makes one cut inside, he probably gains 20 more yards. I'll be curious to see if Fleck gives Rhoda a series or two for senior day. Croft has zero pocket awareness and has no clue what to do if his first option isn't open. I doubt he's the QB next year.

For a team that could've clinched a bowl berth for its seniors, which absolutely matters to them, it was an embarrassing display of football. I can live with losing to a better team, but I believe Northwestern scored off all 5 turnovers. They only generated 13 of their own points. They were handed the game on a Thanksgiving platter.

Not having T. Johnson was a killer, but the WRs did Croft no favors with all the drops. They were all unacceptable. That might have been the worst Gopher football game I've ever watched, and I went to 55-donut against Iowa.

Fleck has 2 years to find a competent QB and WRs who can actually catch a football consistently. I'll be very curious to see who leaves the program after next week. We'll lose to Wisconsin by 40 if we play like that again.

Terrible, terrible game. Mason often mentioned how odd it was that Croft running on the Option, which looked good last week, was so noticeably missing this week. Good question.

The interesting thing with this too is that two weeks ago with the Michigan beatdown, they were doing that "skip over" wildcat version of the read option, except that it was always a keeper. That was also getting blown up.

Moral: if you're going to do an option ... you've got to do both, or doesn't work.

Fleck has 2 years to find a competent QB

But this is just generally true in football, period.

Look at Florida. Look what McElwaub did at Colorado St ... then goes down to Florida, and could not find a QB. Splat.

If you've got a great QB, you've got a football team.

Look at Florida. Look what McElwaub did at Colorado St ... then goes down to Florida, and could not find a QB. Splat.

Splat? Didn't they win their division the past 2 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually he had a QB, but then he was suspended for PEDs.

Top Bottom