Has Fleck lost this team?

Stan

Reaction score
It sure looks like the effort isn't there, has Fleck lost the locker room? Or is this just a one-week issue? Obviously last week was all rainbows and unicorns, but it sure looks like we need to change our best and change our how.

Totally lost them. For sure you are right.

When you have 5 turnovers all based on simple mistakes that appear to be directly affected by the weather, one week after a well-executed and hard-fought home win ...do you really think so?

It sure looks like the effort isn't there, has Fleck lost the locker room? Or is this just a one-week issue? Obviously last week was all rainbows and unicorns, but it sure looks like we need to change our best and change our how.

Lost them for this game, maybe....lost them for the season....no. This is a really frustrating game. The offense is playing like garbage so you can be the defense is extremely frustrated. The conditions suck, getting blown out, I am sure many of the guys don't have a lot of fire left in them at the moment. Tough to blame them.

If he did lose the team, do we need a coaching change?

Is that why we're asking?

90% of the players who are playing whom he didn't recruit have quit so we need to get a new coach?

When you get a new coach, no matter who it is, everyone will not be on board. I'm sure their are plenty of guys on the team who still wish Claey's was the coach. I'm sure there's a schism amongst players, and that is to be expected.

If he did lose the team, do we need a coaching change?

Is that why we're asking?

90% of the players who are playing whom he didn't recruit have quit so we need to get a new coach?

Of course not, just asking. I don't like the effort at all, or the body language. I hope we shock the world next week and beat UW. That would change the narrative big time.

How can you lose a team that you've, more or less, written off from day one? That year zero stuff wasn't just hyperbole... Fleck meant it.

Of course not, just asking. I don't like the effort at all, or the body language. I hope we shock the world next week and beat UW. That would change the narrative big time.

Far too many injuries to too many key people, and little depth, to have a successful season. If beating an undefeated Wisconsin team is a fair measure of a Gopher head coach success, then I think the metric is unfair.

Did Kill lose the team when we did virtually the same thing at Northwestern two years ago?

Did Kill lose the team when we did virtually the same thing at Northwestern two years ago?

No...

because Kill took over a far worse team when he took over for Brewster, a team whose last game was a win over 24 ranked Iowa.
Jerry Kill and Claeys had two top 25 wins the whole time they were here, and therefore Fleck is inheriting such a better program.

There will be a lot of transfers out, as I'm sure there are quite a few that just aren't sold on Fleck.

How can you lose a team that you've, more or less, written off from day one? That year zero stuff wasn't just hyperbole... Fleck meant it.

Yep. That’s it. That’s why we lost today. Year zero. Also why we beat the sh!t out of Nebraska last week. Year zero. Your post was the dumbest thing ever. Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I don't think Fleck has "lost" the team. As I said on another thread, this team is just not mentally tough. I've seen this with HS teams I've covered. If they get an early lead, or an early turnover on defense, they play a competitive game. But if they fall behind early, turn the ball over on offense or have a couple 3-and-outs, it just seems like the team collectively shrugs its shoulders and says "well, we're not going to win today."

That is on the players. (well, maybe 80% on the players. I'll assign 20% to the coaches for not figuring out how to push these players' buttons to get a more consistent effort.)

So, No - Fleck has not lost the team. At this time. If they are still playing games like this in a year or 2 years, then we can talk about losing the team.

On the plus side, there will be lots of good tickets available for the Badger fans next week. I will predict right now - the ratio of Badger to Gopher fans at TCF next week will be 60/40 Badgers. (and that might be conservative)..........cue comments calling me a troll for that statement..........

No, I don't think Fleck has "lost" the team. As I said on another thread, this team is just not mentally tough. I've seen this with HS teams I've covered. If they get an early lead, or an early turnover on defense, they play a competitive game. But if they fall behind early, turn the ball over on offense or have a couple 3-and-outs, it just seems like the team collectively shrugs its shoulders and says "well, we're not going to win today."

That is on the players. (well, maybe 80% on the players. I'll assign 20% to the coaches for not figuring out how to push these players' buttons to get a more consistent effort.)

So, No - Fleck has not lost the team. At this time. If they are still playing games like this in a year or 2 years, then we can talk about losing the team.

On the plus side, there will be lots of good tickets available for the Badger fans next week. I will predict right now - the ratio of Badger to Gopher fans at TCF next week will be 60/40 Badgers. (and that might be conservative)..........cue comments calling me a troll for that statement..........

Unfortunately, I’m going to have to agree with your 60/40. We have such a fickle fan base in regards to season ticket holders that estimate is probably conservative. I’ll be there in my Maroon & gold hoping for a shot in the dark, but it’s gonna be a tough one. Wisconsin is good.

Is the theory he just lost them now.... but not last game when the obliterated Nebraska?

If you don't respect the players you have how can you expect them to play hard at all times for you?

Yep. That’s it. That’s why we lost today. Year zero. Also why we beat the sh!t out of Nebraska last week. Year zero. Your post was the dumbest thing ever. Thanks for that.

Nebraska was definitely a team that quit (and for good reason- they know their coach will be fired). The Gophers did look like that to some degree today. You can't really argue that.

Nebraska is the team you want to compare to?. No AD and a coach about to be fired. Nebraska is a dumpster fire this year. Your post was the dumbest thing ever. Thanks for that.

Stupidity has no bounds...

Top Bottom