Elite White Goldy Uniforms Today!!

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anthracite pants (I think) with a white helmet. I hear heads exploding

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The uni matches the weather

Are groups paying us to change our uniforms game by game? If they are not, this strikes me as a superficial thing that is a poor expense with no benefit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Are groups paying us to change our uniforms game by game? If they are not, this strikes me as a superficial thing that is a poor expense with no benefit.

You think they did at WMU? Who cares? High school athletes eat this **** up. It's a recruiting tool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've never lost in this combo! We're comin

You think they did at WMU? Who cares? High school athletes eat this **** up. It's a recruiting tool.
What WMU did/does is irrelevant. I hope there is a Cost-Benefit Analysis of this so the crabby fiscal conservatives in the administration can STFU on their objections.

The students and athletes like it. To me that is that matters most. Times are changing.

"Dope" uniforms are why Maryland is overflowing with talent and surging to the top of the standings.

The students and athletes like it. To me that is that matters most. Times are changing.
If only the faculty cared what the students and athletes liked. I don't want the faculty hammering on this kind of thing as wasteful and another reason why sports are bad.

What WMU did/does is irrelevant. I hope there is a Cost-Benefit Analysis of this so the crabby fiscal conservatives in the administration can STFU on their objections.

Have you been paying attention to college football in the past few years. Nearly everyone changes up their uniforms all the time anymore. And is the faculty complaining about the cost? I haven't seen anything but maybe I have missed it. It is the reality of college football since Oregon started going nuts with their uniforms, personally I am not a huge fan of it but at the same time the players love it and recruits eat it up so can totally understand why teams do it.

Have you been paying attention to college football in the past few years. Nearly everyone changes up their uniforms all the time anymore. And is the faculty complaining about the cost? I haven't seen anything but maybe I have missed it. It is the reality of college football since Oregon started going nuts with their uniforms, personally I am not a huge fan of it but at the same time the players love it and recruits eat it up so can totally understand why teams do it.
I have been, but having graduated in the 1980s, I have lived through a period where faculty and administration did not care about students and I can see them objecting.

The more people it pisses off the better I like it.

Where are the "Golden Gophers"? That's our TV brand name and has been forever. White is bland, blah, has no character or identity. Yuck.

What WMU did under Fleck......was going from 1-11 to 13-1 in the span of three years. I guess the cotton bowl is irrelevant?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm a traditionalist, but I'm kind of digging this from what I can see from the photo. I like that it at least has a touch of maroon and gold.

Stupid. They don't even look like the Gophers. The only maroon is the M and the Goldy. There is no gold. Change up the uniforms some, but at least keep our colors.

Edit - maybe the numbers are maroon, but can hardly tell.

What WMU did under Fleck......was going from 1-11 to 13-1 in the span of three years. I guess the cotton bowl is irrelevant?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

And that guarantees nothing here. Wacker won national championships before coming here as well.

Puke. Hate it. Looks like a MAC game. What about a gray & white team playing a black & white team makes anybody think of MN vs NW? No identity. No pride. There is no longer such a thing as a kid growing up wanting to wear their local schools colors (because we are stupidly abandoning them).

Puke. Hate it. Looks like a MAC game. What about a gray & white team playing a black & white team makes anybody think of MN vs NW? No identity. No pride. There is no longer such a thing as a kid growing up wanting to wear their local schools colors (because we are stupidly abandoning them).

Agreed.

Maybe we're trying to channel the programs best years by matching the black and white photos that captured those national championships.

I agree don't have ant consistent identity. Can u imagine Michigan changing helmets. Waste of money also

Oregon gets all uniforms for free from Nike

Stupid. They don't even look like the Gophers. The only maroon is the M and the Goldy. There is no gold. Change up the uniforms some, but at least keep our colors.

Edit - maybe the numbers are maroon, but can hardly tell.

Pick a home and an away and stick with it

Top Bottom