Elite White Goldy Uniforms Today!!

Go, Minnesota Gray Squirrels! Peddle the Bike! (Hey, if we can change everything up, it’s all fair game). It seems like the only tradition that Fleck holds fiercely to is a trite slogan he brought with him from his former job.

Puke. Hate it. Looks like a MAC game. What about a gray & white team playing a black & white team makes anybody think of MN vs NW? No identity. No pride. There is no longer such a thing as a kid growing up wanting to wear their local schools colors (because we are stupidly abandoning them).

And they wonder why fan support is declining. No tradition.

Have you been paying attention to college football in the past few years. Nearly everyone changes up their uniforms all the time anymore. And is the faculty complaining about the cost? I haven't seen anything but maybe I have missed it. It is the reality of college football since Oregon started going nuts with their uniforms, personally I am not a huge fan of it but at the same time the players love it and recruits eat it up so can totally understand why teams do it.

Alabama never changes. Seem to recruit just fine !!!

I’m flipping channels, looking for the Maroon and Gold. Can’t find them. What channel are we on? Can’t even find Northwestern purple to help me. Sigh. Guess I’ll go do yard work.

Go, Minnesota Gray Squirrels! Peddle the Bike! (Hey, if we can change everything up, it’s all fair game). It seems like the only tradition that Fleck holds fiercely to is a trite slogan he brought with him from his former job.

What tradition? Losing and having nearly every other coach switch up our uniforms and having different variations of maroon and gold?

What tradition? Losing and having nearly every other coach switch up our uniforms and having different variations of maroon and gold?

So we should abandon the past National titles and change the name of this forum to “Year Zero Forum” or “Starting From Scratch Forum?” At least you grew up watching a Maroon and Gold team (whatever variation), unlike your kids.

So we should abandon the past National titles and change the name of this forum to “Year Zero Forum” or “Starting From Scratch Forum?” At least you grew up watching a Maroon and Gold team (whatever variation), unlike your kids.

I see both maroon and gold on today's uniforms

I thought away teams are supposed to wear white

Good call. And not wearing a hat in the rain?

Uniforms are about the only good thing I've seen from this team on the field in the first half

What WMU did under Fleck......was going from 1-11 to 13-1 in the span of three years. I guess the cotton bowl is irrelevant?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Uniforms, son! Uniforms! I swear this boy takes his eye off the ball four times before it gets to him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Where are the "Golden Gophers"? That's our TV brand name and has been forever. White is bland, blah, has no character or identity. Yuck.

My thoughts, too. Black pants? Are we copying NU?

We have never won in this combo, either.

These uniforms are horrible. Bring back our school colors - maroon and gold. We’re not white and grey.

If we’re going to play in “color of the week” unis, let’s be strategic about it. Next week let’s wear red and white with white helmets with the M upside down. The Badgers won’t know our players from theirs. Gotta be an advantage there.

I'm glad the uniforms are helping recruiting because our game play isn't.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Like the Goldy sticker, not a fan of the gray. But in the big picture compared to how we played today - the uniform thing is meaningless.

Wife's comment in the stadium. "Neither team wearing their school colors."

Wife's comment in the stadium. "Neither team wearing their school colors."

Yes, that was very odd - almost all black/gray/white on both sides. Do the teams have to notify each other of their color combos? It was a fitting monochrome color scheme for the day.

Any PR or marketing people out there have opinions on the multiple colors/schemes? The interaction I have with marketing people, they always tell me how important it is to pick a logo, colors, and stick with it.

I'm a big fan of the white and grey.

I liked it.

Wait till next year. I'll make you a bet - the Gophers will not wear the same combination in any game next year. every week will be something different.

Was the white emblematic of surrender, or did it only seem that way?

Top Bottom