***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I'd kill to get Jay Sawvel back to coach this D.

You should probably check out how Sawvel took Wakes defense from a top 25 defense last year to ranked in the 50s this year even though they are starting mostly upperclassmen.

Difference being Claeys staff totally dominated Fitzy's staff

Last time Claeys coached in Evanston he lost 27-0 with a multiple year starting quarterback. So actually comparable results are the same.
Last years northwestern game roster would perform better than today’s team with either coach staff.

You should probably check out how Sawvel took Wakes defense from a top 25 defense last year to ranked in the 50s this year even though they are starting mostly upperclassmen.

What was their composite recruiting ranking though?

Last time Claeys coached in Evanston he lost 27-0 with a multiple year starting quarterback. So actually comparable results are the same.
Last years northwestern game roster would perform better than today’s team with either coach staff.

This. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

He needs time to get his players and system in place!

Or doesn't that excuse work in that situation?

3,200 fans with rain running down the cracks of their a**es must be absolutely giddy. COLD rain....

I'd kill to get Jay Sawvel back to coach this D.

Yeah. Sawvel could probably coach guys he recruited better than this this year. I agree.
Based on the toxicity of the way TCs tenure ended I don’t think it was realistic to bring back a coordinator though.

For the opponent: Congrats to Justin Jackson on 4-straight 1000 yard rushing seasons. Great accomplishment!

This. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

Kill was still the head coach. Yes, that game was awful.

I don't think last year's roster would have performed better with this staff last year. It would have been Year 0 and the games wouldn't have mattered. It would have been about culture.

MN paid over $3 million a year for this sh!t? This sh!t is horrible. PJ has not shown that he is ready for the big 10. I think he might be in over his head.

Jerry and staff looked over their head on the field and in recruiting their first year as well. First recruiting class was underwhelming.

Claeys staff never coached in Evanston

McCrary needed far more carries today than he has gotten.

Stills needed far fewer targets today than he has gotten.

Kill was still the head coach. Yes, that game was awful.

I don't think last year's roster would have performed better with this staff last year. It would have been Year 0 and the games wouldn't have mattered. It would have been about culture.
Nobody said last years team would’ve performed better with this years staff.
Last years defense would’ve performed better than this years defense regardless of staff

Nobody said last years team would’ve performed better with this years staff.
Last years defense would’ve performed better than this years defense regardless of staff

Probably not, for the same reason. It would have been Year 0 - culture building.

He was benched for less

He was benched because our offense was anemic vs. some very ordinary def.
NU has a great run D. There pass D isn't great, but in weather like this, passing isn't going to be great anyway

Our OL is just getting destroyed and today also proves that Johnson is,our only legitimate receiver.

F--k Fleck until he shows me he can coach against a decent big 10 team. You can blame the players all you want, but Fleck looks like a f--king dipsh!t out there. This dumba$$ can't coach for sh!t.

Over react much ?

Top Bottom