***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

yeah. we got a first down. moral victories...i'll take what i can get.

Bowl is probably more like 50-50

Same record as Tracy Claeys first year/ Jerry kills last year coming off a New Year’s Day Bowl.

This year really isn't quite the same as the Kill/Claeys 5-7 year. We played TCU, Ohio State, Michigan, 12-0 Iowa, Wisconsin, and a 10-2 Northwestern team that year. We were actually pretty decent in losses to TCU and Iowa, outplayed Michigan in that loss, and weren't so bad against Ohio State. The one thing that was the same in both seasons was getting clobbered by Northwestern.

This season we lost to two Big Ten teams with overall losing records.

You're down 25-0 and have a 4th and 5 on their 40 and you punt? Honestly PJ, my faith is waning. This is basic stuff.

Hard to believe that a B1G team does not have 1 receiver that can (modestly) consistently get ANY separation.

I don't know when I've seen a football team at any level play so passively.

You're down 25-0 and have a 4th and 5 on their 40 and you punt? Honestly PJ, my faith is waning. This is basic stuff.

It was the right call, spiritually. Not athletically, socially, or academically, but all areas are important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup even he has given up. Not sure how you can expect the team to keep playing after that decision.

I'm just glad the WIS v. Mich game is on, so I can watch a game that is at least competitive.

Finally a lame-ass run from Croft...

He didn't even contemplate trying for the first down. No heart.

Yup even he has given up. Not sure how you can expect the team to keep playing after that decision.

I'm surprised they even bothered coming out of the locker room after half time. This team has already quit today. YOu are better off watching the wis game.

It was the right call, spiritually. Not athletically, socially, or academically, but all areas are important.

In fairness, the call probably was academically neutral.

This year really isn't quite the same as the Kill/Claeys 5-7 year. We played TCU, Ohio State, Michigan, 12-0 Iowa, Wisconsin, and a 10-2 Northwestern team that year. We were actually pretty decent in losses to TCU and Iowa, outplayed Michigan in that loss, and weren't so bad against Ohio State. The one thing that is the same with both seasons is that we were clobbered by Northwestern.

This season we lost to two Big Ten teams with overall losing records.
Didn’t say it was the same.
Saying precious staff only had back to back seven win seasons once, and this year we are replacing a 3.5 year starting quarterback. So expecting back to back seven win seasons when it wasn’t the norm under the previous staff is an odd expectation (one that I also had).

not Sure we have 5 players that would start for northwestern.

Finally a lame-ass run from Croft...

He didn't even contemplate trying for the first down. No heart.

He should have ignored what the coaches have told him and just put his head in there and tried for the 1st. Course they would have benched him then. "Culture" you know.

Didn’t say it was the same.
Saying precious staff only had back to back seven win seasons once, and this year we are replacing a 3.5 year starting quarterback. So expecting back to back seven win seasons when it wasn’t the norm under the previous staff is an odd expectation (one that I also had).

not Sure we have 5 players that would start for northwestern.

8 (not 7) regular season wins: three out of the last four seasons.

I disagree. I consulted God and he said it was a terrible call. I did not ask my bottle of water though.

Top Bottom