Gophers in the hunt for a QB

Interestingly, looks like he was re-rated and given a huge jump by 247 after committing to UMich. Based on this, Snelson, DrewH. I find their lobbying system and reratings curious. The Snelson ratings in particular were ludicrous.

At least get your facts straight. He's a three star across the board. I'm not a Croft-worshiper but he sure gets a lot of flack for things out of his control. It's absurd and people should know better.

Victor is an intriguing prospect. A faster, more physical (but shorter) Leidner. Can he throw at a power 5 level? Who knows.

Here's a link from mgo

http://mgoblog.com/content/hello-victor-viramontes

I actually agree with you a bit on Croft. I don't know if he'll ever be good, but I think he'd look a lot better with WRs who can actually get open and catch the ball. They'll have more of those next year.

Victor is intriguing. I like the idea of going into next season with a competition between Croft, Viramontes, and Morgan, with Annexstad redshirting. Bring in Bachmeier next year and the future looks bright.

I actually agree with you a bit on Croft. I don't know if he'll ever be good, but I think he'd look a lot better with WRs who can actually get open and catch the ball. They'll have more of those next year.

Victor is intriguing. I like the idea of going into next season with a competition between Croft, Viramontes, and Morgan, with Annexstad redshirting. Bring in Bachmeier next year and the future looks bright.

The consensus seems to me like nobody thinks Seth Green will ever play at QB. So, will PJ turn him into another position or will he transfer?

At least get your facts straight. He's a three star across the board. I'm not a Croft-worshiper but he sure gets a lot of flack for things out of his control. It's absurd and people should know better.

Victor is an intriguing prospect. A faster, more physical (but shorter) Leidner. Can he throw at a power 5 level? Who knows.

Here's a link from mgo

http://mgoblog.com/content/hello-victor-viramontes

Croft might have played his last game in a Gopher uniform yesterday.

The thing that worries me the most about Croft is how Fleck said how much they had to strip down the playbook for him. That's not something that he's all of a sudden going to be significantly better at next year. I think we'd be very limited again with Croft next year, even with better receivers. Let's hope Morgan or the JUCO guy are good.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Has anyone heard who may be transferring? Gonna be very interesting to see what comes out this next week or two

The thing that worries me the most about Croft is how Fleck said how much they had to strip down the playbook for him. That's not something that he's all of a sudden going to be significantly better at next year. I think we'd be very limited again with Croft next year, even with better receivers. Let's hope Morgan or the JUCO guy are good.

This. We need someone who has all the athletic attributes that fit PJ Fleck's system who is decisive at center and can quickly learn and adapt to the pace of B1G play.

The plus side is that the Gophers are not afraid to recruit aggressively and make the necessary changes at the most critical position. The negative is that they are totally inexperience if Croft decides to leave.

I didn't realize that with Croft but heard those same things for Green and why he'll never have a future at QB. If true, I agree that is a big issue.

Speight is going to be a graduate transfer, potential option?

Did it seem to anyone else like Croft was going through the motions these past few games?Transfer news would not be a huge surprise.

He doesn't seem to have that leadership aura like Leidner (not that Leidner can throw tight spirals).

I’ll speculate that Croft won’t be the Gophers QB next year. Skip the banquet?

Speight is going to be a graduate transfer, potential option?

He’s not an All American so he can’t be too choosy, but I’m not sure someone like that would want to step into his final year to a team that probably has an 8-4 ceiling if he plays his best.

Looks like a good running QB and an adequate thrower except for giving up more Ints than optimal at times? Hope we have an OL that'll help him out by then if he beats out D.C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think bringing him in would be a significant upgrade at QB. He’s strong, fast and he put up good passing numbers this year.
I know what you are saying about the other position groups but I think WR is a position that will see some improvement for next year with the injured guys coming back plus Bateman.
Need to get at least one Juco O lineman too.

Think Oregon Gopher might have described him best.
http://www.rccathletics.com/sports/fball/2017-18/players/vicviramontesnoq8?view=splits&pos=qb

Not that it really matters, but his team was absolutely shellacked in their last game 75-16.

He’s not an All American so he can’t be too choosy, but I’m not sure someone like that would want to step into his final year to a team that probably has an 8-4 ceiling if he plays his best.

So can Speight stay at Michigan if he wants or does he have to transfer if he wants to play?

The question mark for me is the eleven interceptions against him in twelve games. Six in the month of November.

I haven’t watched him play a lot, but when i have he didn’t impress me very much. Am I missing something?

He was OK. Leidner-esque stats. But at this point we'd take that in a heartbeat.

He was OK. Leidner-esque stats. But at this point we'd take that in a heartbeat.

Thanks. In that case he might choose a school that is just a QB away from contending in a P5 conference (like the Iowa QB who transferred to Michigan).

In the transfers thread it was mentioned that Croft is transferring for anyone who hadn't heard the news.

I assume our QB depth chart next year looks like this.

1. Vic V
2. Tanner Morgan
3. True Freshman TBD (will redshirt)
4. Annexstad

Seth Green either TE or transfer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom