Gophers in the hunt for a QB

Those aren't real impressive stats for either. Maybe they're both mediocre. IMG have stout competition? Pay to play or public school?

Pay to play. They look like a college team if you see some of their highlights. They're ranked #2 in the country. Likely don't have to pass a whole lot.

Pay to play. They look like a college team if you see some of their highlights. They're ranked #2 in the country. Likely don't have to pass a whole lot.

Sitkowski has a long offer list including some of the big programs including OSU, Florida, etc, etc . I see that he's committed to Rutgers and I conclude this is most likely a Green situation - rated and offered as a young prospect at a big HS program that never really developed to meet the ranking. Splitting time with a lightly recruited teammate in Zach as a senior. Unless there's a family connection to Rutgers or he's from The Shore it's odd.

Regardless, pretty nice Zach is willing to pay own way and maybe he develops into a good prospect.

I like kids like Annexstad who bleed maroon and gold who want to be a Gopher and are willing to work hard to earn the privilege to play. These type of kids are program changers.

The list of walk-ons so far is looking good. We need quality players to build depth.

He wanted nothing to do with a staff that tells you one thing and does another. The issue of lying is within your staff

He wanted nothing to do with a staff that tells you one thing and does another. The issue of lying is within your staff

That girl that broke up with me in high school? I wanted nothing to do with her either.

That girl that broke up with me in high school? I wanted nothing to do with her either.

You don't get do he wanted nothing to do with a staff that doesn't speak the truth. I also get it it's a business in the end but I think for him it wasn't the right place

You don't get do he wanted nothing to do with a staff that doesn't speak the truth. I also get it it's a business in the end but I think for him it wasn't the right place

Actually, I am just kind of screwing with you. I couldn't care less why whoever made whatever decision they did. If he's not coming to MN I'm not quite sure why you are still on here however. Whoever you are.

Your trump card is an unrecruited QB after a year of everyone talking about how the QB recruiting was going to be so much better?? If that's your trump card you aren't winning at bridge or in football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. Plus u think those warm weather kids are coming here? Go to nodak. Maybe you'll find another
Wentz

good troll post new gopher. At least you are consistent as all 9 of your posts are the same.

You either know something that you're not saying or you're pretending to know something. I'd probably give you the benefit of the doubt if you actually provided some real information. Failing that, I'll assume you're pretending.

What do you want to know? I told you the truth about Armstrong. 1. Coaching staff lied. 2. I think he feels more connected with uva's coaching staff since they have been recruiting him since he was a sophomore 3. More style of his offense he runs. If you want to know anything else I'm sure I can find out. Just let me know. Hopefully that's some real info for you

What do you want to know? I told you the truth about Armstrong. 1. Coaching staff lied. 2. I think he feels more connected with uva's coaching staff since they have been recruiting him since he was a sophomore 3. More style of his offense he runs. If you want to know anything else I'm sure I can find out. Just let me know. Hopefully that's some real info for you
So offensive style was a factor?

Yeah, we'll get back to you on that, Brennan's cousin. Stay by the phone.

Armstrong didn't like that Croft played and he also didn't like that Annexstad was recruited as a PWO.

Yes I do know the Armstrong's and I have sat down with Brennan about his recruiting process and he and his family thought this was the best for him academically and athletically

Yes I do know the Armstrong's and I have sat down with Brennan about his recruiting process and he and his family thought this was the best for him academically and athletically

I heard he ultimately committed when UVA threw in a case of Coors

Make sure they've thoroughly researched the drinking age in Charlottesville, though.

What about socially and spiritually?
Although I think BA has the socially part figured out since he got suspended for that.

You said the staff lied. What about?
You said the coaches said one thing and did another. What was that?

So, athletically then.

Sorry, but a Virginia undergrad degree does not get you into many doors that a Minnesota would not. My $0.02

If he is truly interested in a special program that is at Virginia, but not at Minn, fine. But I doubt it.

So much dancing around the rumored truth. The staff lied about Croft? Annexstad? Talking to other QBs?

I don't really believe either party, to be honest, but the drama is interesting. Certainly won't get the truth from Gobie or Burns but not sure I trust newgopher either...hmmm.

New Gopher may be full of S, who knows? But wanting him to be wrong because you don't like what he is saying about PJ doesn't make him a liar. Let's be honest, PJ already has a track record of lying, misleading, etc. why is it so hard to believe he did with BA? FTR, from what I have read, I think BA was wanting guarantees and assurances that the staff (rightfully so) wasn't willing to give - but that doesn't mean they weren't dishonest with him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recruiting in college football is by far the aspect of the business that I dislike the most, and most envy how the NFL operates. In the latter, it's easy and straight forward. There are agents, there are negotiations, you sign the contract, done. No one gives a horses turd if players take a potential new teammate to a strip club or whatever. That is no one's business.

But in college, there are so many rules, so many restrictions, so much taboo. And let's be real, a lot of crap goes on, still, under the table and behind closed doors .... we just don't know the full extent of it, and probably never will.

The more that I hear about Brennan Armstrong, the more that I think it is best to part ways.

Nothing should be guaranteed to a recruit unless you are in a position of need (like OLs), or you area true blue chipper. Look around and see how many heralded highly touted QBs out of HS are eventual starters for their college teams. I don't know the stats, but I won't be surprised if some of them got surpassed by lesser rated QBs.

It is about the team. If someone is better than you, he will play. You have to earn it. Can you imagine guaranteeing playing time to a Hayo Carpenter?

If he is worried about competition from Croft and Annexstad, then maybe you don't want him. The last thing that we want is a prima donna.

Top Bottom