Huge game for so many reasons.

swingman

Reaction score
Getting to bowl eligibility. Huge for seniors and young guys who need extra practices.

Extra revenue, exposure for program from Bowl never a bad thing. Lot of wealthy alumni in Chicagoland, always good to impress there.

Beat a top 25 team. Chance to shut up all the haters who say Husker, Illini, Beav, MTSU wins aren't quality wins. Top 25 wins get a lot of media exposure.

Gives us a Chance to get to that 8-win mark and shut up all the Butt hurt "but Claeys/Kill won 8 games in 2013, 2014 and 2016."

Create a buzz for locking down 2018 recruits and kicking off 2019 recruiting, which has chance to be ELITE and is in full gear.

Make a statement in Illinois, where we seem to be focusing a lot of recruiting. To beat Fitz with Croft and Oseland and AutmanBell leading the offense and Richardson and Merrick and Shenault and Huffs leading the defense would be special.

Get over 500 in the Big Ten West...

Knock the winds out of a rival in division play and in recruiting. Like how we sent a message to the Spielmans of the world who think NE a better option, can do the same to the ChiakioBouwmans of the world. Point to four out of five wins vs Mildcats!

Build some confidence for biggest game of year. Create some enthusiasm for fan base for Axe game.

Buy in and trust in the process and the system has been reported as good, but getting a win vs Northwestern would show some nice How and Response and Growth after early season missteps, prbly make the kids work harder in off season, make recruit targets see the light.

Nice reward for the senior heavy team to get bowl eligible...Richardson, Jackson, Stelter, McGhee, Ayinde, Celestin, Poock, Wright, Calhoun, Lingen, Wozniak, McCrary, Carter, Santoso have put in a lot of sweat and blood and appear to have been good representatives of the M off the field.

Nice reward for Coach to get bowl eligible in his hometown, his old college stomping grounds, where his college coaching career got started.

Win the game.

Weather Guy indicated a bowl game is meaningless unless it is the championship finals. We disagree.

Getting to bowl eligibility. Huge for seniors and young guys who need extra practices.

Extra revenue, exposure for program from Bowl never a bad thing. Lot of wealthy alumni in Chicagoland, always good to impress there.

Beat a top 25 team. Chance to shut up all the haters who say Husker, Illini, Beav, MTSU wins aren't quality wins. Top 25 wins get a lot of media exposure.

Gives us a Chance to get to that 8-win mark and shut up all the Butt hurt "but Claeys/Kill won 8 games in 2013, 2014 and 2016."

Create a buzz for locking down 2018 recruits and kicking off 2019 recruiting, which has chance to be ELITE and is in full gear.

Make a statement in Illinois, where we seem to be focusing a lot of recruiting. To beat Fitz with Croft and Oseland and AutmanBell leading the offense and Richardson and Merrick and Shenault and Huffs leading the defense would be special.

Knock the winds out of a rival in division play and in recruiting. Like how we sent a message to the Spielmans of the world who think NE a better option, can do the same to the ChiakioBouwmans of the world. Point to four out of five wins vs Mildcats!

Build some confidence for biggest game of year. Create some enthusiasm for fan base for Axe game.

Buy in and trust in the process and the system has been reported as good, but getting a win vs Northwestern would show some nice How and Response and Growth after early season missteps, prbly make the kids work harder in off season, make recruit targets see the light.

Nice reward for the senior heavy team to get bowl eligible...Richardson, Jackson, Stelter, McGhee, Ayinde, Celestin, Poock, Wright, Calhoun, Lingen, Wozniak, McCrary, Carter, Santoso have put in a lot of sweat and blood and appear to have been good representatives of the M off the field.

Nice reward for Coach to get bowl eligible in his hometown, his old college stomping grounds, where his college coaching career got started.

Actually Minnesota is one of the least-represented Big Ten schools for alumni presence in Chicago (and certainly among the Midwest schools), mostly because so many grads tend to stay in the Twin Cities. I've been to alumni events here for CLA and the Carlson School and all have been sparsely attended, we never have anything more than a small presence at the B1G 10k race, and we can't seem to find an official Chicago bar like all the other schools (which is a big deal down here). I wish our alum presence in Chicago was far more robust.

Actually Minnesota is one of the least-represented Big Ten schools for alumni presence in Chicago (and certainly among the Midwest schools), mostly because so many grads tend to stay in the Twin Cities. I've been to alumni events here for CLA and the Carlson School and all have been sparsely attended, we never have anything more than a small presence at the B1G 10k race, and we can't seem to find an official Chicago bar like all the other schools (which is a big deal down here). I wish our alum presence in Chicago was far more robust.

Having lived there for 4 years, i have to agree. There are far more opportunities in the twin cities and no one leaves.

Red Ivy/the curse worked well enough for the watch parties, but i never understood why they moved downtown. It split our watch party in half from very few to even less. Either way , i feel for ya.

I feel like Chicago is the capital and chief destination for grads of Iowa, Illinois, NW (obviously), Purdue, and Indiana. Maybe more, but just taking a guess.

As others have said, MSP is very robust in job opportunities and many (not all, but many) of Minn students are from the upper midwest, as opposed to the great lakes.

I think it’s a big game as well. Would be nice to knock off a top 25 team.

But half of what you wrote is factually inaccurate.

All sounds good - but down 25-zip at the half.

"I want them to play in a bowl game too. But unless you’re playing in the CFP, the outcome doesn’t matter." GWG

Right. I think making it to a bowl game is important, but I think the outcome is meaningless.

Right. I think making it to a bowl game is important, but I think the outcome is meaningless.

You said many times over the past month playing in a bowl game is meaningless. You agreed with PJ. Until you didn't.

Deuce must have given you lessons.

Sure did. "Unless you are playing in the CFB, outcome doesn't matter"

Heather, is that you?

Yes thats what I said. You also inferred in post 2 that I said making it to a bowl game doesn't matter. Which I never said. You are wrong. Have a nice day.

Yes thats what I said. You also inferred in post 2 that I said making it to a bowl game doesn't matter. Which I never said. You are wrong. Have a nice day.

Yup, you did. You agreed with PJ that making to a bowl game this year was not important.

You are a well known commodity, gwg. No need for any further proof than your response in this thread.

Once again you have no proof because I never said that. Have fun with Ozzy&Ray on my ignore list.

Top Bottom