Sunny Side for Wisconsin?

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Still a week out but looks like high pressure is moving in for next weekend...which means sunny and temps around freezing at gametime.

Coach Fleck now has one data point in the sunny vs. shady debate with the Nebraska game.

Hard to miss the shade-line down the middle of the field and the temp difference between north and south. I haven't read anything on it...which is not a surprise given the blowout and its coverage.

Just wondering if switching home to the north side is a bit of trickeration worth trying.

We know that Northwestern switches from game to game. I don't think it has to be announced until the Friday before the game.

If done it would certainly stir the fans pot. I think it would be great.

Go Gophers. Beat the Cats.

It'll be pitch black by halftime of the Wisco game, so sunny vs. shady difference will be minimal

My go to comment on this topic:

By the time you want to switch to be on the sunny side then you also have the disadvantage that you have to look into the sun for a while when you look to the open end of the field.

My go to comment on this topic:

By the time you want to switch to be on the sunny side then you also have the disadvantage that you have to look into the sun for a while when you look to the open end of the field.

Yes, but you are warm.

No one is addressing the real issue here. What if the team is on the sunny sideline for part of halftime and has to watch the band make the Block M and they view it upside down? The horror, the horror....

IMO:

these are the types of silly things where you "out think yourself", and ultimately don't matter.

Major advantage for team on the sunny side. Selfish fans.

No one is addressing the real issue here. What if the team is on the sunny sideline for part of halftime and has to watch the band make the Block M and they view it upside down? The horror, the horror....

You mean Pregame?

IMO:

these are the types of silly things where you "out think yourself", and ultimately don't matter.

It's a such a short term thing, changes game to game, for a given year maybe won't even matter at all depending on weather, has a kinda small but maybe equal downside.

It's the ultimate thing to ague about!

I want us to switch. I want fans on the shady side to complain and feel they are justified to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody shows up on the shady side anyway. Who's going to complain? A bunch of empty seats?

My guess is we will switch sides next year. It will be announced long before the season ticket renewals will go out. The way Minnesota fans complain about everything, you have to be careful not to upset the season ticket holder who has tickets on the shade side but only wants his tickets there if it is the HOME side.

My guess is we will switch sides next year. It will be announced long before the season ticket renewals will go out. The way Minnesota fans complain about everything, you have to be careful not to upset the season ticket holder who has tickets on the shade side but only wants his tickets there if it is the HOME side.

This is why upgraded on the sunny side this year...some high rollers will be trying to bully me out of my seats soon!

Nobody shows up on the shady side anyway. Who's going to complain? A bunch of empty seats?

This is true. And I'm sure there are enough empty seats on the sunny side to accommodate those who care to switch.

Last weekend I was wondering about the recruits at the game, too. They see this sunny field but need to be bundled up while we had our jackets off on the sunny side.

I want us to switch. I want fans on the shady side to complain and feel they are justified to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then we’ll have 5-6 complainers on this site?

Lower section is usually pretty full. Upper has the club, so I think many who can go in and out of it throughout the game.

It'll be pitch black by halftime of the Wisco game, so sunny vs. shady difference will be minimal

Well maybe not halftime, but it’s fair to wonder if a 2:30 game is the right one to try switching.

At this point I’d like to see them do it just for the entertainment value of watching some of our fans complain.

Lower section is usually pretty full. Upper has the club, so I think many who can go in and out of it throughout the game.

Lower section is nowhere near full. I am sure the seats are sold but there is no one there. I have a pretty good view from the sunny side

If it's a 2:30 game it will be dark for the 2nd half. And the sun will be setting for much of the first half, not sure how that's helpful.

Half the outdoor club seats are unsold anyway. About 500 are still available for the Wisky game.

Nobody was at the last game. Take out the nebraska fans and it wouldn't have even been half full. Both sides (sunny and shady) were empty.

Top Bottom