Evanston Game Day Weather

maroonfive

Reaction score
A high of 47 with a 90% chance of rain. With natural grass this game could be interesting.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The high of 47 will be reached early in the morning. Temps will fall quickly into the 30s during the game. Snow flakes will likely mix in during the 2nd half.

But NW will tell their recruits the weather is worse in Mpls (or is it Mnpls?[emoji57]).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason, think that this will be a more high scoring game, even with the weather. they love to get in space and it's real easy to miss tackles on a sloppy field. Same will go for our offense

Can anyone remember the last time the Gophers played in this bad of weather? Still looking at a cold steady rain for most of the game, and possibly some snow mixed in in the 4th quarter. Temps will drop into the upper 30s with a 15-30 mph wind.

Weather Underground has 44 degrees at kickoff, slowly dropping to 40 degrees by 3:00. 80% chance of rain at kickoff, 100% at noon, 90% at 1:00, and 90% and 2:00 and 3:00. Winds will get stronger as the game goes on, starting at 16mph and steadily increasing to 24mph by 3:00. Pair that with a grass field, its gonna be a muddy mess. Hopefully their field markings stay on for the whole game!

Maybe our 3 (4?) games with bad weather will have prepared the Gophers a little bit more than the wildcats for the weather?

35 mph winds and rain, turning to sleet, turning to snow. This has got to favor the better rushing team -- that'd be us :)

I live 2 miles from Ryan Field and it's been raining here constantly since 5:00 yesterday evening. Having stood on that playing surface several times, they keep the turf long and thick, there's virtually no crown for drainage, and they don't have a tarp, so I expect the field will be a mess, and play will be slow--a real mudder's paradiase today.

Lightning Tracker looks good. All action well to the south.

Lightning Tracker.jpg

Top Bottom