More injury bug

So you think they should burn a redshirt with 2 games remaining in the season?

Two games left?

Have you seen how good Manns and Bateman and Gibson are?
Do you know how good our WR recruiting will be every year moving forward?
Did you watch Douglas look good from day one?
You know VanDyne was a steal from Ferentz, right?
You know Tyler is just a soph and Howard and Williams and Hmielewski are just frosh?
You know that Simon and Fleck developed and put low level recruits like Braverman and Davis in the NFL, right?
AutmanBell likely a three or four and done guy anyway...with his talent level, existing talent level, incoming talent level, coaches ability to develop any talent level, I would give my team the same chances the coaches at WI, NW, IA, NE are doing and play my talented skill position freshmen, yes.

Two games left?

Have you seen how good Manns and Bateman and Gibson are?
Do you know how good our WR recruiting will be every year moving forward?
Did you watch Douglas look good from day one?
You know VanDyne was a steal from Ferentz, right?
You know Tyler is just a soph and Howard and Williams and Hmielewski are just frosh?
You know that Simon and Fleck developed and put low level recruits like Braverman and Davis in the NFL, right?
AutmanBell likely a three or four and done guy anyway...with his talent level, existing talent level, incoming talent level, coaches ability to develop any talent level, I would give my team the same chances the coaches at WI, NW, IA, NE are doing and play my talented skill position freshmen, yes.

Burning a redshirt now would be idiotic agendaman. All of these are just assumptions.

Sorry to hear that.

BUT, I don't think this is a dagger: TJ was only a threat when we legitimately had people throwing him the ball. That hasn't been true for a few weeks ... and maybe his injury occurred a few weeks ago and he has trying to keep playing through it? Maybe that's part of the reason his output has dropped off?

There was only going to be one way that we win the NW game: strong defense, and a strong running game that utilizes both the read-option and straight handoffs, along with maybe 5-10 play action passes. It's the gameplan that Rhoda won with last year in his one start.

Burning a redshirt now would be idiotic agendaman. All of these are just assumptions.

You need to look up the definition of the word assumptions. Also, look up faith, belief, optimism, paradigm change, Prefontaine Pace, NektonMentality...the future is bright, the future is now!

We had an okay passing game vs Nebraska and TJ wasn't our only target, he wasn't even a majority of the throws, so I think we'll do fine.

One thing to take away from this is that N.W. has no idea who we will use a our #1 target. Could be a RB, a TE, or one of the WR by committee guys. I hope that will be a plus.

It would only be idiotic if ... you think you'll need the person whose red shirt you burn long term.

I'm convinced Jerry's red shirt burning crusade in year one was partly (not all) just to start dissolving the eligibility of guys he wasn't going to use earlier than if they red shirted them.

One thought - it seems that people on here think the media should assist the Gophers in keeping injury news quiet/private. That is not the job of the media. the job of the media is to report news. If a team wants to try and cover up news of an injury, that's their choice. But the local media is under no obligation to honor those wishes.

if this story has not been reported in the local media, I suspect that indicates more about the level of interest in Gopher football.

One thought - it seems that people on here think the media should assist the Gophers in keeping injury news quiet/private. That is not the job of the media. the job of the media is to report news. If a team wants to try and cover up news of an injury, that's their choice. But the local media is under no obligation to honor those wishes.

if this story has not been reported in the local media, I suspect that indicates more about the level of interest in Gopher football.

Did someone say the media is obligated to do something?

Have no fear, the media has to survive -- that means any kind of important news will get reported. They won't, and can't, hold back.

Sorry to hear that.

BUT, I don't think this is a dagger: TJ was only a threat when we legitimately had people throwing him the ball. That hasn't been true for a few weeks ... and maybe his injury occurred a few weeks ago and he has trying to keep playing through it? Maybe that's part of the reason his output has dropped off?

TJ has been targeted quite a bit but has been dropping them just as fast (like others)

There was only going to be one way that we win the NW game: strong defense, and a strong running game that utilizes both the read-option and straight handoffs, along with maybe 5-10 play action passes. It's the gameplan that Rhoda won with last year in his one start.

NW is weak vs the pass. The question is whether we can attack them in a balanced way. I'm not sure what Rhoda's interim game vs Maryland has to do with this week. Obviously if a team can get away with bludgeoning the other team on the ground why would anyone pass? It worked vs Maryland because they're terrible. Most teams vs decent defenses have to pass a fair amount, 15-25 attempts/games to really make it go.

Well, being targeted, technically, doesn't mean you had a legitimate, catchable ball thrown to you. But anyway ...

I do think Croft has something special with the read-option. I'd be just fine if we only threw the ball 10 times. Run, run, run!

Well, being targeted, technically, doesn't mean you had a legitimate, catchable ball thrown to you. But anyway ...

I do think Croft has something special with the read-option. I'd be just fine if we only threw the ball 10 times. Run, run, run!

Since the weather forecast is rain and windy, 10 passes might be to many. Weather will test our offensive line against 7 and 8 and even 9 man fronts. Haven't been colder at a football game anywhere then at the Northwestern stadium. I guess I will stay home this time and watch it on tv.

No burning redshirts. If there was someone on the redshirt list who was so good he could make a big impact in just 2 games he should have been playing all year long.

It would only be idiotic if ... you think you'll need the person whose red shirt you burn long term.

I'm convinced Jerry's red shirt burning crusade in year one was partly (not all) just to start dissolving the eligibility of guys he wasn't going to use earlier than if they red shirted them.

I also think it can look bad to burn a redshirt at this point, unless the player wants it or is okay with it. If you're that player, wouldn't it suck to sit out all year, then lose a full year of eligibility just for two games? I guess if you want the player to transfer, it might be the way to go.

I also think it can look bad to burn a redshirt at this point, unless the player wants it or is okay with it. If you're that player, wouldn't it suck to sit out all year, then lose a full year of eligibility just for two games? I guess if you want the player to transfer, it might be the way to go.

100%..........unless that person could help us beat WI. I would burn as many shirts as needed if they would help us beat sconnie!

At this point in the season, I'd say preserve the red shirts.

I love TJ and all, he's a dynamic threat that we just cant match with any other player right now....
but the dude's been dropping balls lately like they're made of lava.. and his catches are often bobbled too.
We have to get more timing routes in there for Philip Howard, Brandon Lingen and get Drew H going.

WILL THE REAL RASHAD STILL PLEASE STAND UP!?

Top Bottom