Gamer prediction algorithm for the Gophers

Shades

Reaction score
gwbb2018projection.jpg

It would be so sweet to get wins against Wake, UNC, and Georgetown.

We just need to turn either the @Northwestern or @ Penn State loss into a win to finish 11-5 in the B1G and make the NCAA's comfortably.:cool02:

A lot of those predictions seem very strange. Beating Michigan (admittedly, at home), for instance and losing to a Northwestern team that essentially brings back nothing from last year?

gopherprojection111717.jpg

Obviously this algorithm is very fluid. Now Georgetown's rating has spiked and the Gophers are seen as losing to them.

It will be interesting what it reads if on Sunday Rutgers wins its fourth straight by beating future Gopher opponent Wake Forest and the Gophers defeat Boston College. It takes awhile to clear out last seasons results.

This isn't updated with tonight's game but I wanted to show they got the point differential right. Now it's time for the Gophers to prove this thing wrong. Maybe tomorrow's update will have them beating Wake since it's already close.

gophgame112217.jpg

Oh, and this thing doesn't take in consideration that there's a tournament game on Nov 26, because they don't know who the Gophers will be playing between Hofstra and UNLV.

Here's an update. The UNLV game was never on the schedule because it didn't exist. The predicter was wrong about the Wake Forest loss, and with this additional win against UNLV, they are now projecting a 21 win season prior to the conference tournament.
gamepred112717.jpg

gophpredicter120417.jpg

Gamer now has the Gophers beating Georgetown, but they also have them going 9-7 in conference.

gophpred122417.jpg

Pre-conference Gamer prediction. Predicts going 10-6 in conference, which sounds good to me.
The rating of UNC keeps ratcheting up, so that is seen as not such a bad loss. The SD loss is still bad, but I'm writing it off to the mistake of scheduling a coast-to-coast road trip.

Gamer knows the Gophers have played well at home. They have the Gophers winning only two road games, this first one against Northwestern (rated as the worst team in Big 10) and the one against Wisconsin. They have the Gophers winning every game in that 4 game home stand in February. That would really be impressive. But then I suppose the Gophers get so used to playing at home that they lose that last road game to a bad Illinois team.

Wow...I would certainly be happy if the Gamer predictions are correct. They have the Gophers doing better than I think they'll do, especially at home. They have the Gophers winning at home against MSU, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, and Maryland (really?) That's very optimistic. They also have the Gophers losing at PSU and Rutgers. It wouldn't shock me if the Gophers won one of those games.

I don’t understand some of these predictions but here is my view of what I see happening for Gophers in the conference.

-@ Northwestern-Win
-vs Nebraska-(close) Win
-@ Ohio St- Blowout loss
-vs Michigan St-Close loss
-@ Penn St-close Win
-@Rutgers-low scoring close loss
-vs Wisconsin- easy win
-vs Iowa-somewhat close loss-I see Gustafson taking over in 4th quarter to pull away
-@ Wisconsin-easy win
-@ Iowa- double digit loss
-@ Purdue- TIGHT loss
-vs Penn St- double digit win
-vs Michigan-one possession win
-vs Maryland-blowout loss
-vs Indiana- double digit win
-@ Illinois- somewhat easy win

9-7 Final Prediction however I don’t see NCAA tournament without a win over OSU, Maryland, Iowa or Michigan St.

You think Michigan St is better than Michigan?:eek:

100% I do. Michigan plays 6 player rotation, with freshman PG. Only two that are reliable game in and game out is Thome and Flaherty and if you watch their games, good/great teams are either able to get one or both out of their games, in foul trouble or unable to overcome a full team. Michigan St has Cooks, Reimer, Agee, Allen among others and I feel is the deeper team. Michigan St scares me more than Michigan at this point in the season.

You think Michigan St is better than Michigan?:eek:

gamerpred122917.jpg

GAMER liked the blowout win over Northwestern so much, they now have the Gophers edging out Illinois in the last game on the schedule, having them go 11-5 in conference and ending regular season with 22-7 record.

gophpred011918.jpg

Holding steady at 22-7. A home win over vulnerable Iowa would be huge.

Gamer is predicting they win out now. 23-6 let's go!

Top Bottom