Pure Speculation: Washington Already Unhappy?

R.......E......L......A......X

Dude probably hasn't played this poorly in a long time. Getting torched by a guy from Niagara who is folicly challenged is cause enough for any one to shake their head.

Most likely he knew he was making mistakes and wasn't happy with himself for his efforts. Dude probably just needs to chill and let the game come to him.

R.......E......L......A......X

Dude probably hasn't played this poorly in a long time. Getting torched by a guy from Niagara who is folicly challenged is cause enough for any one to shake their head.

Most likely he knew he was making mistakes and wasn't happy with himself for his efforts. Dude probably just needs to chill and let the game come to him.

Now that LM21 is off the ledge, I do have a diagnosis for what he was suffering from temporarily: MPS - Minnesota Paranoia Syndrome.

MPS is the psychological syndrome prevalent in Minnesota, that when a good thing happens, i.e. a star player or top coach comes to the U, it is only a matter of time before he or she leaves.

I see you are spending too much time in the shed.

The cure is a six pack of beer with breaded venison tenderloin steaks and breaded walleyes and soft cooked Red River Valley mini potatoes and green beans. Have a pal or two over for a card game or watch TV in your shed.

All the worries about Gopherdome will be forgotten.

I was more worried about Mcbrayer up to this point, Washington has been getting plenty of playing time at Mcbrayer's expense, its Pitino's job to keep them both happy, I think team success will override playing time when all is said and done.

If you have to preface a post with “This is pure speculation...”, you probably should just stop right there.

Now that LM21 is off the ledge, I do have a diagnosis for what he was suffering from temporarily: MPS - Minnesota Paranoia Syndrome.

MPS is the psychological syndrome prevalent in Minnesota, that when a good thing happens, i.e. a star player or top coach comes to the U, it is only a matter of time before he or she leaves.

The only medication for it was short acting and was only made available to the general public in 1987 and 1991 (sorry Lynx fans).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd be upset if he wasn't upset. He's played like a Freshman so far & I suspect that's not good enough for him. Forcing shots, unaware of the shot clock, turn overs, missing open teammates for looks, and absolutely lost on defense. This ain't the Summer league. If you can't figure out how to play defense against Niagara, how do you expect to play against Michigan St & Purdue? It's all part of the process though, but we as fans sometimes forget these guys are just Freshmen, no matter how highly recruited there are.

I'd be upset if he wasn't upset. He's played like a Freshman so far & I suspect that's not good enough for him. Forcing shots, unaware of the shot clock, turn overs, missing open teammates for looks, and absolutely lost on defense. This ain't the Summer league. If you can't figure out how to play defense against Niagara, how do you expect to play against Michigan St & Purdue? It's all part of the process though, but we as fans sometimes forget these guys are just Freshmen, no matter how highly recruited there are.

Yep, every player is different in terms of how quick they make the transition. Some guys can hit the ground running and not miss a beat when they move from high school to college, others can take a year or two and of course there are many that never get there. In the case of Washington hopefully it is just going to take him a little bit of time to make the adjustment. If he can do that here during the non-conf season and be ready to roll by the time conference games start in a few weeks it will be huge for the team.

If he would have gone to any other P5 school with a top 25 team, he would get the same treatment for playing terrible D. He seemed to have no effort on the defensive side of the ball last night. That is not going to cut it if this team is going to be successful. He needs to be given a talking to on what it takes to get minutes.

Exactly. All part of the process for most freshman. This staff is not going to walk on egg shells for anyone. No worries here.

Earlier this year it was mentioned that Mason has been "big brothering" IW. I would like to think that if there is any attitude adjustment needed in IW so he sees the big picture and how he is included in that, Mason will do so.

Pitino has already hinted that he will start eventually. IIRC after the Providence game when asked about Washington he said something to the effect of "I have tough decisions to make which is great, but for this game I went with the veterans." Kid needs to suck it up and play D when he's in there. He'll get plenty of minutes.

Wow. This thread is garbage. He seems plenty happy at all times. If I played as bad as he did, I’d be unhappy with myself. He’ll be fine. Some guys take some time.

I remember Eric Harris being not good as a freshman. He ended up being alright.

3-0, will be a borderline top 10 team in the country next week, and just put up 107 last night.

Yet the top 2 threads are worried about Washington being unhappy. Can't some of you enjoy anything?

3-0, will be a borderline top 10 team in the country next week, and just put up 107 last night.

Yet the top 2 threads are worried about Washington being unhappy. Can't some of you enjoy anything?

Thank you. Pretty amazing thread.

He's a kid...he has passion for basketball. He has high standards for himself. He expects to do well. He's got 3 million (maybe not quite that many?) social media followers he doesn't want to let down. He'll figure it out. Let's see what he looks like after Christmas. Give him time and let things settle in.

Precisely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, it's either this, worry about which players will leave early or fire up the Pitino rumor mill thread. :cool: Take your pick.

There will always be people who way over analyze things and try to find something where there is nothing to really be concerned about. It is clear that Washington is struggling some right now but definitely not something to worry about yet. Give him time to adjust and things should be just fine.

To put it another way, if IW plays lock down D, takes good shots, consistently hits those shots, and gets his teammates involved in the offense, then he will play so much that he will be begging Pitino to give him a rest. So yes IW should look upset, because he is the only thing in his way from what he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is proof positive that its going to be a good year

Top Bottom