At this point in the season, what finish would make you happy?

• I'm already happy

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Win one more

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • Need to win two more and a bowl!

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Too late, this year is not making me happy

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Just beat Wisconsin

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score

A win over a good team like Northwestern, on the road, would be huge to me. I don't really think a win over Wisconsin is in the works, BUT Michigan may take a lot out of Wisconsin, the weather may be a factor, and Wisconsin's schedule hasn't been that difficult this year. Maybe?

At this point, defeating NW to get bowl eligible would be nice. This team is better than 5-7. I'd like an opportunity to get that 7th win. Wisconsin looks tough this year and while anything can happen in a rivalry game we have struggled to move the ball on good defenses and WI will attempt to bludgeon us on the ground and I'm a little worried there. Get a win vs WI and obviously the accolades will be raining from the sky...

One more win...become officially bowl eligible. Last thing I want is the all the moronic talk of a 5 win team not deserving of a bowl 'invited' and the even more obscene talk about how they should decline the bowl invite.

Stopping Wisconsin from treating us like Ned Beatty would be nice.

Winning one more will be satisfactory. If we get Wiscy, I certainly can get really drunk in celebration!

Need one more win for the season not to suck. Two more wins with one of those being Wisconsin....very happy.

I'm fine with what's been done so far, I think there's been progress and some really fun moments like the Nebraska blowout and Celestin's pick six. That said, it would make me really happy to see at least one more win and getting a bowl win would be great, too.

Since I predicted 8 wins on the year, I chose that option. One win and a bowl win would also be ok.
The Neb. win was really nice and did help erase the Mich loss, but it didn't change the season.

They aren't going to beat Wisconsin, for a multitude of reasons (not the least of which is that the Big Ten conference has a fix installed for Wisconsin to get to the College Football Playoff). And while I think they are capable of beating Northwestern, I'm not banking on that.

What would make me happy is for them to get into a lower bowl game at 5-7, and win the bowl game. If they do beat NW, that's just icing. However, I would be less happy if they beat NW for 6-6 finish and then lose the bowl game, than if they lost to NW for 5-7 and then won the bowl game. Finish the season with a win.

Bring home the axe and I will smile all winter and spring. Beat Wisconsin and shut those ****ing cheeseheads up!

Bring home the axe and I will smile all winter and spring. Beat Wisconsin and shut those ****ing cheeseheads up!

I'm imagining a scenario where the Gophers beat Wisc and it keeps them out of the playoffs.

For a rivalry that has been semi dead due to its one sided nature, that would fire it up for a long long long time....

For where we are now, I hope we get one more win to earn a bowl game on the field, rather than in the classroom. Northwestern is beatable. A bowl win would be icing on the cake.

But I'm still not happy with the season. The rout of Nebraska was great, but it only made me more frustrated that we lost to both Purdue and Maryland.

I'm imagining a scenario where the Gophers beat Wisc and it keeps them out of the playoffs.

For a rivalry that has been semi dead due to its one sided nature, that would fire it up for a long long long time....

Assuming they beat Michigan this week, they'd still be 11-1 and headed to the Big Ten CCG against Ohio St. If they beat the Buckeyes in the CCG, I can't think of a realistic scenario where they still don't get the #4 seed.

Only one that's even possible would be if Alabama loses to Auburn on a fluke, then Georgia beats Auburn in the SEC CCG. Then you'd have Georgia, Clemson/Miami winner, Oklahoma (assuming wins out), and either Wisconsin or an 11-1 Alabama with no CCG.

Assuming they beat Michigan this week, they'd still be 11-1 and headed to the Big Ten CCG against Ohio St. If they beat the Buckeyes in the CCG, I can't think of a realistic scenario where they still don't get the #4 seed.

Only one that's even possible would be if Alabama loses to Auburn on a fluke, then Georgia beats Auburn in the SEC CCG. Then you'd have Georgia, Clemson/Miami winner, Oklahoma (assuming wins out), and either Wisconsin or an 11-1 Alabama with no CCG.

It would take absolute mayhem in other games for the Badgers to make the playoff after losing to the Gophers

Again, my scenario has Wisconsin beating Michigan (easily a top 25 program) and then beating a likely top 10 Ohio St in the championship game.

We can just agree to disagree, but I'm betting that I'd be right and they'd still get the #4 seed. Back room politics also play a part, whether we like it or not, and the Big Ten is rivaled by no other conference (even the SEC) in getting what it wants behind closed doors ...

Again, my scenario has Wisconsin beating Michigan (easily a top 25 program) and then beating a likely top 10 Ohio St in the championship game.

We can just agree to disagree, but I'm betting that I'd be right and they'd still get the #4 seed. Back room politics also play a part, whether we like it or not, and the Big Ten is rivaled by no other conference (even the SEC) in getting what it wants behind closed doors ...

Not with the Badgers schedule. I could show you on the schedules why it is darn near impossible, but that isn't the topic of this thread so I'll just leave it at this: There is just as good of a chance (probably better) that Wisconsin goes undefeated and doesn't get in as there is that they lose to the Gophers and still get in.

If you want to chat about it on an appropriate thread I'm more than happy to lay it out for you.

Not with the Badgers schedule. I could show you on the schedules why it is darn near impossible, but that isn't the topic of this thread so I'll just leave it at this: There is just as good of a chance (probably better) that Wisconsin goes undefeated and doesn't get in as there is that they lose to the Gophers and still get in.

If you want to chat about it on an appropriate thread I'm more than happy to lay it out for you.

You're correct, this is off-topic. So I will leave it here at agree to disagree.

Yeah, something like this: "Here it is, the season's on the line! Two receivers left and right! Croft takes the snap, he steps back, he's all by himself, fires into the endzone... Caught! Touchdown! No! No! The Gophers have knocked the Badgers out of the playoff!"

Yeah, I could go with that.

Wins are a terrible measure of progress both positively and negatively.
Had we beaten Maryland and Rutgers, they’d still be bad games.
If we lose to Wisconsin and northwestern they can be good games.

All depends on how we play.

I would be disappointed with less than 6-6 for the season. But it is more about how they play the last two than if they win 0-2

So far it has been an up and down season... I will take .500 with the coaching change and the play of QB we have had. Not sure who else has seen this but P.J's name has now been mentioned with the Tennessee job.

My happiness won't be impacted by wins/losses from here on out. Just by the HOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom