***OFFICIAL NIAGARA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Did you really just say you prefer BTN+ student announcers to Bill Rafferty?

no just said they were more aware...not missing things like...this is the first time hes in the game...it wasnt....all gophers starters have scored now...they already did... lynch getting a breather for the first time...he already did....simple things like that all game...not saying they were better it was just nice to see someone paying attention to the game

The ability to dominate has been shown in all three games- the consistency is lacking at this point.

Good game when the most disappointing thing to happen is Lynch coming up a block short of a triple double.

Washington will be all B10 next year, he is incredibly skilled. I think by midseason he'll shoot a lot better too as I think he's still learning the college game.

Agreed he is going to be an exciting work in process. Hopefully we don't have to witness while he matures to many Jelly's swatted into the stands. There have only been a couple so far this year.

The ability to dominate has been shown in all three games- the consistency is lacking at this point.

Good game when the most disappointing thing to happen is Lynch coming up a block short of a triple double.
yes, I thought he even had an arsenal of three fouls to give before fouling out so he could have been very very aggressive.

Good to see Fitz hit all his shots

Hurt looked adequate again.

Washington slung one of the prettiest passes I've seen to Murphy for a wide-open dunk

McBrayer looks confident shooting the long ball, which is needed sans Springs this season

Wish Pitino played the younger/more inexperienced guys more... Felt like he was too determined to cover the spread tonight

I see consistency being every game's second half, generally scoring at will in the second half.

Why didn't we have more minorities in the game? I truly believe the white man simply does not have enough talent. GO GOPHERS!
solid 8th post... I know you are trolling (I hope) but the Gophers only have one white scholarship player, so not sure what you're complaining about

solid 8th post... I know you are trolling (I hope) but the Gophers only have one white scholarship player, so not sure what you're complaining about

I think it was just a joke, or a Presidential tweet out of the White House. You never really know these days.

walked away from my computer, and my friend from Alabama decided to get on lol....

This team is really good. Best Gophers team we've had in quite some time.

Wish Pitino played the younger/more inexperienced guys more... Felt like he was too determined to cover the spread tonight

Mason and McBrayer left the game for Washington and Harris and right away Niagara went on a run. The Gophers were outscored 16-2 including 14-0 run. Lead was cut to 65-61. Pitino tried to give some time to the young guys but Niagara countered.

Was thinking the same. How can he be worse than Konate? From his brief time in, it appears he has more of a clue.

He's a better athlete than Konate, though not as big. I think he tends to get lost on the floor at times-but I wonder the same thing. Konate was a little better tonight, than in previous games, but it is so frustrating that he can't catch the ball and he hacks so much.

I was at the game. Interesting flow. Down a fair amount early, couple nice runs, then let the lead disappear quickly. Freshman guards along with bad shots really let Niagara go on the 2nd half run.

Crowd was good. I wish Lynch had got the triple double. Starters could have got a good shot every time had they worked the ball around.

Dominant at times, need consistency.

I really like IW as a spark off the bench.

Good to see Fitz hit all his shots

Hurt looked adequate again.

Washington slung one of the prettiest passes I've seen to Murphy for a wide-open dunk

McBrayer looks confident shooting the long ball, which is needed sans Springs this season

That struck me too. There was only a minute and change left when he took them out. I don’t understand that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a better athlete than Konate, though not as big. I think he tends to get lost on the floor at times-but I wonder the same thing. Konate was a little better tonight, than in previous games, but it is so frustrating that he can't catch the ball and he hacks so much.

Way too many times when Konate seems to have the clear right to a rebound, and someone either flies into the picture to grab it, or rips it out of his hands. He looks athletic and fairly muscular. I would like to see if Gas could pull a few of those down. He must look pretty bad in practice to not beat out Konate.

I’m pumped that Hurt continues to give quality minutes. He played really solid defense and made some nice passes. Fitz with a couple of made jumpers was also encouraging. Our starters are excellent. Bench play may determine how far we go in the tournament.

Apologies if already posted above, but 32 assists (school record) and 4 turnovers in 74 possessions, both incredible numbers. This team can score.

6 on Monday in a gritty road win, 32 tonight in a home not exactly sorta blowout. Stats can be funny things.

I’m pumped that Hurt continues to give quality minutes. He played really solid defense and made some nice passes. Fitz with a couple of made jumpers was also encouraging. Our starters are excellent. Bench play may determine how far we go in the tournament.

Hurt definitely deserves some props. His play in the Providence game was a real turning point for us and he seems to be building on that. He's really playing with confidence right now which is great to see. The big thing with the bench is we need Washington to keep his head up. I feel like he really wants to be that instant offense 6th man but if he can keep everyone else involved at the same time he'll be that bit more effective. He was so good in the Providence game because his shots came in the flow of the offense. He's gotta find that consistency and once he does he'll be tough to deal with.

I was at the game. Interesting flow. Down a fair amount early, couple nice runs, then let the lead disappear quickly. Freshman guards along with bad shots really let Niagara go on the 2nd half run.

Crowd was good. I wish Lynch had got the triple double. Starters could have got a good shot every time had they worked the ball around.

Dominant at times, need consistency.

I really like IW as a spark off the bench.

Lack of consistency seems to be the theme of the season so far which is not totally unexpected as there are some new pieces still trying to figure out where they fit in the mix. The good news is that we are winning while the guys adjust and get used to playing together. Bodes well for the remainder of the season.

Washington and Harris will settle in more over time as they figure out how their games translate to the college level. Fitzgerald should also get more comfortable after his long layoff due to injury.

I think part of the reason why we appear to be inconsistent is simply because in all 3 games, the opponent simply started off very hot from 3. On lots of those makes, I felt the D was fine, they just happened to go in which resulted in close first halves. It's obviously not sustainable for the entire game and as a result, we pull away. There will probably be OOC or conference games where the opponent happens to be very cold from 3 and we manage to get a 15-20 point lead at the half.

That struck me too. There was only a minute and change left when he took them out. I don’t understand that one.

Me too, but there are several reasons to leave them in --

Gotta get the starters in game shape to play 30+ minutes with big tests against Alabama and Miami coming up in the next 10 days (plus, B1G play starts in just 3 weeks). Also, we have a couple true bottom feeders (according to SS rpi ratings in the other thread) coming up this weekend so presumably good chance to play the bench more then.

Also bear in mind we were only ahead 3 points almost midway through the second half.

Was thinking the same. How can he be worse than Konate? From his brief time in, it appears he has more of a clue.

Good question. I don't know the answer, but it's unfortunate that we have 3 scholarships this year taken up by a guy sitting out (who, I agree, we are going to need next year) and those two stiffs. Other schools would've forced at least one of them to transfer by now.

So I was at the game last night, and I gotta say... when the lineup of Mason, McBrayer, Hurt, Murphy, and Lynch were on the floor together (I believe it was with 8-9 minutes left in the game, right after Niagara made a run to cut it to three), that was the best offense I've seen the Gophers play in years. That lineup sparked a huge run and was chocked full of quick passes, dunks, and threes... very very fun to watch!

tv for alabama and Miami games ?

Miami is ESPN2. Don't think they've announced for the Barclays games yet...it had been on American Sports Network in the past, but that is now Stadium, so maybe there?

So I was at the game last night, and I gotta say... when the lineup of Mason, McBrayer, Hurt, Murphy, and Lynch were on the floor together (I believe it was with 8-9 minutes left in the game, right after Niagara made a run to cut it to three), that was the best offense I've seen the Gophers play in years. That lineup sparked a huge run and was chocked full of quick passes, dunks, and threes... very very fun to watch!

I was too and agree. Dupree was a HUGE part of that!

I like IW, but he had a pretty rough game, his defense and decision making has a long ways to go.

Niagara plays at UMass on Sunday. Interested to see the result of that one. (We play UMass next week in NY).

Top Bottom