December 8 2017 - Official Visitors / Walk-Ons List

You mean the trucking by Iowa, Michigan, NW, and Wiscy?

It looks like Fleck quickly learned the lesson about B1G OLs vs MAC OLs. That is a very good sign for us.

I'm not certain how much to read into all this - but assuming you are right (& I think that is likely), it would be very encouraging to me to see that. Adjusting strategies on this and JuCo after 1 year rather than being stubborn with preconceived ideas would be a fantastic sign, IMO. I'm guessing few coaches would be that willing so soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like Fleck quickly learned the lesson about B1G OLs vs MAC OLs. That is a very good sign for us.

Fleck recruited and put several Western Michigan OL in the NFL. This comment doesn't make any sense.

STrib: Gophers to host 6-8, 400-pound tackle during key recruiting weekend

This weekend, the Gophers will have two offensive linemen from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., make their official visits during Minnesota’s “eLITe18Palooza’’ recruiting event.

One of those linemen, Curtis Dunlap, is 6-4 and 368 pounds.

He’s the small one.

The other, Daniel Faalele, is 6-8 and 400 pounds.

Faalele, rated as a three-star offensive tackle by recruiting-focused website 247Sports.com, announced via Twitter that he will visit the Gophers this weekend. The Melbourne, Australia, native is relatively new to football, enrolling at IMG Academy in 2016 and playing varsity football for the first time this fall. Faalele (pronounced Fah-ah-LAY-lay) has been featured in Sports Illustrated, ESPN and USA Today.

Faalele’s scholarship offers include big-name programs such as Michigan, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn. He is ranked the 27th-best offensive tackle in the recruiting Class of 2018 by 247Sports, and he made an unofficial visit to the Gophers in March, when he received an offer.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ckle-during-key-recruiting-weekend/462560153/

Go Gophers!!

Just speculation, but I'm guessing he ends up on scholarship as our true freshman take at qb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Annexstad's family is pretty well off, at least his relatives are. There's an Annexstad foundation that gives financial aid to needy students. My guess is Zach has told Fleck that he'll walk on and to give the last scholly slots to his friends at IMG, which is awesome. We get the starting QB from uber team IMG, plus two or even three of the OL from IMG as well.

Annexstad's family is pretty well off, at least his relatives are. There's an Annexstad foundation that gives financial aid to needy students. My guess is Zach has told Fleck that he'll walk on and to give the last scholly slots to his friends at IMG, which is awesome. We get the starting QB from uber team IMG, plus two or even three of the OL from IMG as well.

You keep bringing this up, but as I said before, Brock and Zack Annexstad are not of the same family who founded the Annexstad Family Foundation. Al Annexstad is the former President/CEO of Federated Insurance, which is why he had the resources to start the Foundation. They may be distantly related, but that is of course in no way an indication of the wealth of Zack and Brock's family.

Adjusting strategies on this and JuCo after 1 year rather than being stubborn with preconceived ideas would be a fantastic sign, IMO. I'm guessing few coaches would be that willing so soon.

You mean like Brew did?

Steve Wiltfong (247 director of recruiting) just crystal balled Faalele to Minnesota.

You keep bringing this up, but as I said before, Brock and Zack Annexstad are not of the same family who founded the Annexstad Family Foundation. Al Annexstad is the former President/CEO of Federated Insurance, which is why he had the sources to start the Foundation. They may be distantly related, but that is of course in no way an indication of the wealth of Zack and Brock's family.

The response in this article (Question about Al's father) suggests a probability they are likely related in some capacity.

Given the Norseland, MN reference.

They are related, but Zack and Brock’s family are farmers and not part of the insurance side of family.

Al and their Grandpa are distant relatives.

I don't like insurance salesmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any predictions???

1. How many new commits??

2. Names of new commits??

There may be some decommits I imagine it we bring in a few higher rated players. Pure speculation.

Any predictions???

1. How many new commits??

2. Names of new commits??

There may be some decommits I imagine it we bring in a few higher rated players. Pure speculation.

Dunlap seems to be the sure commitment this weekend from what I heard on 1500ESPN this morning. Doogie had it in his scoop today.

Imagine if PJ Fleck recieves firm commitment both these two OLs, how much of an impact this is going to be fir the Gophers in the next recruiting cycles?

You probably have players in the 2019 class that are watching the developments closely.
PJ needed this class to be lights out ahead of Scott Frost at Nebraska. Fleck has a year head start.

We needed to be elite in recruiting. We have Brohm and Purdue and Nebraska that make the B1G West much more competitive.

Imagine if PJ Fleck recieves firm commitment both these two OLs, how much of an impact this is going to be fir the Gophers in the next recruiting cycles?

You probably have players in the 2019 class that are watching the developments closely.
PJ needed this class to be lights out ahead of Scott Frost at Nebraska. Fleck has a year head start.

We needed to be elite in recruiting. We have Brohm and Purdue and Nebraska that make the B1G West much more competitive.

Quinn Carroll.

Would help selling a quarterback to come to Minnesota if he can play behind all three of those lineman. (If we could get Carroll and the two this year)

Dunlap seems to be the sure commitment this weekend from what I heard on 1500ESPN this morning. Doogie had it in his scoop today.

I think the only time "Doogie" and "scoop" can be mentioned in the same sentence is when used in conjunction with his daily duties cleaning out his cat's litter box.

Hank Bachmeier

Just looked at 247 on him. Most are projecting him to come here, however, there are some that have him going to UCLA. I looked at the UCLA coaching staff: Jedd Fisch as new Offensive Coordinator.

If he chooses UCLA, I think Hank can look forward to throwing tennis balls and weekly new offensive schemes. Yeah, that Jedd Fisch.

Just looked at 247 on him. Most are projecting him to come here, however, there are some that have him going to UCLA. I looked at the UCLA coaching staff: Jedd Fisch as new Offensive Coordinator.

If he chooses UCLA, I think Hank can look forward to throwing tennis balls and weekly new offensive schemes. Yeah, that Jedd Fisch.

I'd say all bets are off with a new coach at UCLA. Maybe Kelly will want Bachmeier, but it's too soon to know. I don't think Kelly has announced his OC yet.

Fisch has only stayed with a team longer than two years once in his career -- with the Ravens in 2004-2007. UCLA is his 12th stop since 1997 -- 12 teams in 20 years.

Total jinx here but would Kelly even be interested in Hank? I mean obviously he’s a talented thrower but if Chip wants to run the O he did at Oregon, Hank isn’t exactly the most mobile guy out there. I’m more concerned with other schools than UCLA right now

Regarding 2019, I'm sure Fleck has multiple targets at QB if Hank falls through.

I'd say all bets are off with a new coach at UCLA. Maybe Kelly will want Bachmeier, but it's too soon to know. I don't think Kelly has announced his OC yet.

Fisch has only stayed with a team longer than two years once in his career -- with the Ravens in 2004-2007. UCLA is his 12th stop since 1997 -- 12 teams in 20 years.

Yeah I'd bet on Fisch being as good as gone. I think he's one of higher paid OCs in the country and with Chip calling the plays at UCLA from here on they'd probably rather throw that money at a well regarded DC. Time will tell whether Kelly is interested in Hank or not. Big thing for the Gophers in any case is how strong the relationship Fleck and staff have already built with his family and obviously the local ties. There's also a quicker path to playing time here with Dorian Thompson-Robinson being the QB of the future out there as well as being about the perfect fit for Kelly's offense.

Hank Bachmeier has grand parents here in the Twin Cities and appeared to have visited with family before. One consideration maybe is his sister that he is really close has some kind of diagnosis. He may decide to stay closer to home or come to the Twin Cities. Time will tell.

Hopefully, within 24 hours the suspense will be over and we will be be reading about the recruiting palooza with good news on the recruiting front.

I have never heard of anyone in this recruiting class all plan on signing early in December 20 together. That is unusual, but is clever. That is PJ Fleck for you.

He can immediately turn his attention to the 2019 class with the same indefatigable fashion. I get exhausted just reading about of PJ Fleck's comings and goings. His energy and enthusiasm connects really well with the Millennials. It is quite amazing his ability with recruiting networking.

I have never heard of anyone in this recruiting class all plan on signing early in December 20 together. That is unusual, but is clever. That is PJ Fleck for you.

This is the first year that we’ve had an early signing period for football so it’s the first year it’s poaaible

Hopefully, within 24 hours the suspense will be over and we will be be reading about the recruiting palooza with good news on the recruiting front.

He can immediately turn his attention to the 2019 class with the same indefatigable fashion. I get exhausted just reading about of PJ Fleck's comings and goings. His energy and enthusiasm connects really well with the Millennials. It is quite amazing his ability with recruiting networking.

Maybe a little time in the gym would help your stamina.

PJ mentioned it on a Sunday call with Sid and Dave I believe.
It was an eye opener when I heard it.

They asked if they had anyone recruits who would be signing during the early period.

PJ responded, "We expect to have all of our 2018 recruits sign during the early period so we can concentrate on 2019 from there on out. We might have one or two who don't sign until February, but I'm expecting to have all signing in December".

To me, that was really out of the box thinking. That's what I'm referring to with other colleges maybe getting caught flat footed. They might have recruits who don't sign who have 2 more months of time to get poached by the big name schools.

Total jinx here but would Kelly even be interested in Hank? I mean obviously he’s a talented thrower but if Chip wants to run the O he did at Oregon, Hank isn’t exactly the most mobile guy out there. I’m more concerned with other schools than UCLA right now

If Kelly was wanting to go after a QB to fit his style, Vic V is the one I'd be more worried about switching.

PJ mentioned it on a Sunday call with Sid and Dave I believe.
It was an eye opener when I heard it.

They asked if they had anyone recruits who would be signing during the early period.

PJ responded, "We expect to have all of our 2018 recruits sign during the early period so we can concentrate on 2019 from there on out. We might have one or two who don't sign until February, but I'm expecting to have all signing in December".

To me, that was really out of the box thinking. That's what I'm referring to with other colleges maybe getting caught flat footed. They might have recruits who don't sign who have 2 more months of time to get poached by the big name schools.

One thing that seems logical in theory with the early signing period is that while the powerhouses are fighting over the blue chippers you're able to lock up the under the radar guys that would be plan B guys for the powerhouses.

Top Bottom