December 8 2017 - Official Visitors / Walk-Ons List

Despite the interest in him, Faalele will need a redshirt year with how raw he is. If you have the extra scholarship and you can get Dickson you take him every time. Wouldn't want to expose Andries before he's ready either.

I completely agree with you. I strongly preferred Dickson to Faalele FWIW (I don't think people realize that Faalele is at least 3 years away from potentially contributing. I think though that if they are down to that last spot, they're probably more interested in landing Verdis Brown than Dickson. If we get Dickson though, I would be thrilled. Strongly prefer both of them over Sqirwl... that's right I said it.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Is THAT is something to be excited about, for next year. Will legitimately push Greene and Schuelter in the spring.

I completely agree with you. I strongly preferred Dickson to Faalele FWIW (I don't think people realize that Faalele is at least 3 years away from potentially contributing. I think though that if they are down to that last spot, they're probably more interested in landing Verdis Brown than Dickson. If we get Dickson though, I would be thrilled. Strongly prefer both of them over Sqirwl... that's right I said it.

Yeah I agree on Faalele. I think he only started playing like a year or so ago so he's a ways away. He should be an interesting project for Warinner. In an ideal world they definitely would have preferred Brown over Dickson but with the inexperience at Tackle it kinda forced their hand. Sounds like Brown's getting interest from every direction so he probably ends up somewhere down south anyway. I was hoping they would end up wit Sqirwl haha. Finding that All-Purpose/Scat back will be vital in next year's class.

Well folks, it looks like PJ Fleck pulled off a great recruiting weekend!

1. Bonding time for all commits and their families - a very classy affair. Let's hope that they stay firm for the next 10 days.

2. They were focused on the O-Line. They've got commitments from three very critical additions to the O-Line in Dunlop, Faalelel, and Dickson.

3. They have shored up the offensive line. Hopefully, the pass and the run game will be elevated. I hope that they consider two TE formations for B1G play as opposed to the single TE Ciarrocca uses in the MAC.

Hank Bachmeier, Quinn Carroll, Max Duggan, etc... must be watching and noticing this development. You can't help but think that it will be a little easier to convince prospects to come in for visits with the new facility and them knowing who has been recruited. Getting them here is the key. PJ Fleck is a magician at closing at the U.

We've got seven solid linemen:

Nathan Boe ---------OC ----6'4" ----250 lbs -----0.8235
Curtis Dunlop ------OG ----6'4" ----368 lbs ------0.9220
Austin Beier --------OG ----6'5" ----285 lbs -----0.8594
Daniel Faalele ------OT ----6'8" ----400 lbs -----0.8858
Jason Dickson -----OT -----6'7" ----309 lbs -----0.8528
Grant Norton ------OT -----6'8" ----255 lbs------0.8431
Jack York ----------OT -----6'6" ----300 lbs------0.8405
-
Competition will be elevated and we have greater depth.

4. I wished that we have room to take Craig Williams or the other mystery visitor(s). I think it will depend on any transfers.

5. We have an average composite team rating of 0.8595 for this recruiting class. We'd like to see the next recruiting classes maintain a rating of 0.86 +/- 0.10 in order to compete for the B1G West Title. Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern all at ~ 0.85 +/- 0.20 average composite score.

Nebraska is at a higher level, but is not producing titles which is an anomaly of the Pellini & Riley eras.

Iowa and Northwestern operate at a very narrow standard deviation on their composite score which point out that they have quality team depth cross the board, stable position coaching staff, and have very good quality control of players they recruit.

All in all, it is a great weekend to be a Gopher football fan.

Go Gophers! RTMB Row the M Boat! WWII LST.jpg

One last thing that would be nice from this weekend is to add Montero as a PWO. He was on the visit as well.

Well folks, it looks like PJ Fleck pulled off a great recruiting weekend!

1. Bonding time for all commits and their families - a very classy affair. Let's hope that they stay firm for the next 10 days.

2. They were focused on the O-Line. They've got commitments from three very critical additions to the O-Line in Dunlop, Faalelel, and Dickson.

3. They have shored up the offensive line. Hopefully, the pass and the run game will be elevated. I hope that they consider two TE formations for B1G play as opposed to the single TE Ciarrocca uses in the MAC.

Hank Bachmeier, Quinn Carroll, Max Duggan, etc... must be watching and noticing this development. You can't help but think that it will be a little easier to convince prospects to come in for visits with the new facility and them knowing who has been recruited. Getting them here is the key. PJ Fleck is a magician at closing at the U.

We've got seven solid linemen:

Nathan Boe ---------OC ----6'4" ----250 lbs -----0.8235
Curtis Dunlop ------OG ----6'4" ----368 lbs ------0.9220
Austin Beier --------OG ----6'5" ----285 lbs -----0.8594
Daniel Faalele ------OT ----6'8" ----400 lbs -----0.8858
Jason Dickson -----OT -----6'7" ----309 lbs -----0.8528
Grant Norton ------OT -----6'8" ----255 lbs------0.8431
Jack York ----------OT -----6'6" ----300 lbs------0.8405
-
Competition will be elevated and we have greater depth.

4. I wished that we have room to take Craig Williams or the other mystery visitor(s). I think it will depend on any transfers.

5. We have an average composite team rating of 0.8595 for this recruiting class. We'd like to see the next recruiting classes maintain a rating of 0.86 +/- 0.10 in order to compete for the B1G West Title. Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern all at ~ 0.85 +/- 0.20 average composite score.

Nebraska is at a higher level, but is not producing titles which is an anomaly of the Pellini & Riley eras.

Iowa and Northwestern operate at a very narrow standard deviation on their composite score which point out that they have quality team depth cross the board, stable position coaching staff, and have very good quality control of players they recruit.

All in all, it is a great weekend to be a Gopher football fan.

Go Gophers! RTMB Row the M Boat! View attachment 5274

Looks like the secret visitor this past weekend was Verdis Brown. That's what 247 has now listed him as this weekend. Too bad he didn't commit as well.

Looks like the secret visitor this past weekend was Verdis Brown. That's what 247 has now listed him as this weekend. Too bad he didn't commit as well.

Don't have room for everyone. I am really happy about the three we did get.

Unless a current commit changes their mind, our class is filled. Total speculation on my part is that they've told Verdis that if a spot opens up, it's his. I'm guessing that Verdis will hold off on signing a NLI until after we've got 26 of them signed.

Interestingly, Bryce Paup is listed as the recruiter for Verdis Brown on 247. Verdis Brown has played some defensive tackle, as listed on his Hudl profile, as well as some highlights on his 247. Is it possible Minnesota is recruiting him to play on the defensive side of the ball? I wonder how Brown thinks of this if true. My feeling would be that we would want him at center, as Boe is our only other center commit.

Interestingly, Bryce Paup is listed as the recruiter for Verdis Brown on 247. Verdis Brown has played some defensive tackle, as listed on his Hudl profile, as well as some highlights on his 247. Is it possible Minnesota is recruiting him to play on the defensive side of the ball? I wonder how Brown thinks of this if true. My feeling would be that we would want him at center, as Boe is our only other center commit.

We are/were recruiting Brown as a DT.

Top Bottom