Barclays Classic on TV?

TruPhan

Reaction score
Apologies if this is a repeat question. I don't post much and searched for a previous thread and didn't see this as a topic.

Are the Barclays Classic games on TV or streaming anywhere?

It appears the Alabama game may stream on something called Stadium TV? I have not figured out what that is or how to access it yet. UMass game has nothing yet. Though if they're streaming some games, you'd think they'd stream them all?

It appears the Alabama game may stream on something called Stadium TV? I have not figured out what that is or how to access it yet. UMass game has nothing yet. Though if they're streaming some games, you'd think they'd stream them all?

Stadium TV is on the Pluto TV app. I know it's on iOS and Apple TV. If it really is streaming on Stadium TV, it would be channel 207 on Pluto TV. It is also streamed free on Twitter and the go90 app.

That said, it surprises me that a game featuring 2 potentially ranked opponents wouldn't be picked up by a cable network. Where did you see that it would be carried on Stadium TV?

Stadium TV is on the Pluto TV app. I know it's on iOS and Apple TV. If it really is streaming on Stadium TV, it would be channel 207 on Pluto TV. It is also streamed free on Twitter and the go90 app.

That said, it surprises me that a game featuring 2 potentially ranked opponents wouldn't be picked up by a cable network. Where did you see that it would be carried on Stadium TV?

It shows up on the schedule on Yahoo. Doesn't show on the Gophers website yet. PlutoTV appears to be on Roku as well. Now just the issue of the game time conflicting with the MN-Wisconsin game...

It's very odd. It is a college football Saturday, but even so, you'd think they could have found someone to carry it. Some of these tournaments are not particularly well run in some areas.

It's not only odd about no 'real TV' but also both games were to be played at the Barclays Center. They booked another college game there on Friday (after Thanksgiving) so the Gophers vs UMass along with the Alabama vs BYU game has been moved to LIU Brooklyn. Not a well run machine - this Barclays Classic.

It's not only odd about no 'real TV' but also both games were to be played at the Barclays Center. They booked another college game there on Friday (after Thanksgiving) so the Gophers vs UMass along with the Alabama vs BYU game has been moved to LIU Brooklyn. Not a well run machine - this Barclays Classic.

Tickets for the Friday game are "general admission" only ($25) for what basically looks like a high school gym. Wikipedia says it seats 2,500 but I don't see how. I'm thinking of heading up there ... might be a good chance to see the Goph's up close.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ste...UICygC&biw=1440&bih=729#imgrc=Gwwa7SHAFbU0lM:

Tickets for the Friday game are "general admission" only ($25) for what basically looks like a high school gym. Wikipedia says it seats 2,500 but I don't see how. I'm thinking of heading up there ... might be a good chance to see the Goph's up close.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ste...UICygC&biw=1440&bih=729#imgrc=Gwwa7SHAFbU0lM:

I’m thinking of heading to the game Saturday. Conflicted because of the Gopher Badger Football game time. Maybe there is a good bar near the Barclay’s Center to watch the football game and make it a day in Brooklyn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's about 30 Gopher fans on the Creative Charters trip that will be there. Would be willing to meet and hang out watching the football game then head over to Barclays Center on Saturday... Friday is going to be a tight schedule, we get to JFK and hour and a half before tip off...

Would also like suggestions for bars/tap rooms/restaurants around Barclays Center and near the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge.

I get the whole recruiting angle, but can't possibly understand why we are playing games 1200 miles from home if there is no TV. Rather just do home and homes with a couple decent teams and be on National TV.

It looks like there is a place called the Montrose which is a block away and "The Brooklyn home for U of Michigan fans". Michigan plays at noon that Saturday so it shouldn't interfere with the Gopher Badger game.
47 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY

I get the whole recruiting angle, but can't possibly understand why we are playing games 1200 miles from home if there is no TV. Rather just do home and homes with a couple decent teams and be on National TV.

I know Pitino isn't a huge fan of them but this would have been a great season to compete in a Maui Invitational or Battle 4 Atlantis type of tournament.

Makes no sense why this is exempt tournament Gophers chose

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Probably very simple reason -- because Pitino likes going to New York.

Also more (albeit not much) ammunition for recruiting New York players: "we have played in New York [x] times in the last 2 years."

Also, not sure exactly when they signed off on it, but it may have been while they were recruiting IW and Harris, which would've helped specifically in those recruitments.

Basically, it's pretty clear that this staff wants NY as its recruiting hotbed outside of Minnesota, and will take any chance it gets to play there.

Probably very simple reason -- because Pitino likes going to New York.

Also more (albeit not much) ammunition for recruiting New York players: "we have played in New York [x] times in the last 2 years."

Also, not sure exactly when they signed off on it, but it may have been while they were recruiting IW and Harris, which would've helped specifically in those recruitments.

Basically, it's pretty clear that this staff wants NY as its recruiting hotbed outside of Minnesota, and will take any chance it gets to play there.

Solid points.

Cool, then I would say there's no reason not to schedule future home & homes with Saint John's? Syracuse? Seton Hall? Those games would certainly find their way on TV, and not relegated to Facebook.

Solid points.

Cool, then I would say there's no reason not to schedule future home & homes with Saint John's? Syracuse? Seton Hall? Those games would certainly find their way on TV, and not relegated to Facebook.

Those would be awesome matchups.

Solid points.

It takes two to tango. I'm sure Pitino would set up home and home's with any of those programs. All of them know we like to recruit NY/East Coast and have been fairly successful at it for a B1G team. So they may not be excited to invite us onto their home turf. Kind of like how we aren't super excited to invite ISU into the Cities for a home and home.

Also, when we signed off on it some of these details were probably not known. I wonder if we would've agreed had we known we were opening against UMass at LIU, and only getting one marquee game at Barclays. Same with the TV -- I'll bet that the tournament organizers made some assurances or assumptions they were not able to fulfill. (The fact they had to move from the arena speaks volumes)

Is there an app for stadium tv that can be downloaded to a Roku?

I believe this network streams free on Facebook and also the Pluto TV app. I think Roku has an app for both of those services.

I think it’s also on Twitter too but I’m not positive.

Also, when we signed off on it some of these details were probably not known. I wonder if we would've agreed had we known we were opening against UMass at LIU, and only getting one marquee game at Barclays. Same with the TV -- I'll bet that the tournament organizers made some assurances or assumptions they were not able to fulfill. (The fact they had to move from the arena speaks volumes)

Yep, playing the first game in LIU's home gym reeks of the Barclays Center Classic being a rinky-dink operation. Teams don't even get to play 2 games in the NBA arena. And why not just make it a true 4-team bracket? Predetermined matchups are silly.

And even the Alabama game time is rinky-dink. Game time is 4 p.m. Guess what time both the Gophers and Alabama football teams will be playing that Saturday? 2:30. Gophers vs. Wisconsin, Alabama vs. Auburn.

Yep, playing the first game in LIU's home gym reeks of the Barclays Center Classic being a rinky-dink operation. Teams don't even get to play 2 games in the NBA arena. And why not just make it a true 4-team bracket? Predetermined matchups are silly.

And even the Alabama game time is rinky-dink. Game time is 4 p.m. Guess what time both the Gophers and Alabama football teams will be playing that Saturday? 2:30. Gophers vs. Wisconsin, Alabama vs. Auburn.

I know, and it's hilarious that lower deck tickets to that MN-Alabama game cost $100. LOL, with those gametimes and that price, there won't be more than a few dozen people in the stands. What Alabama fan is going to go watch a non-conference bb game instead of the Iron Bowl?

I tell you what, though, if some marketing people would get on the stick (either ours, or the tournament people), and maybe lower the LIU gym ticket prices from $25 to about $10-15, I guarantee they could pack that gym solely based on Isaiah Washington playing there. Huge crowds would come out to watch him in those playground games in NY.

Kids from Bama looked very arrogant while beating up some bottom tier school tonight on Sportscenter. Optimistic that the Gophers knock them down a few pegs.

I know, and it's hilarious that lower deck tickets to that MN-Alabama game cost $100. LOL, with those gametimes and that price, there won't be more than a few dozen people in the stands. What Alabama fan is going to go watch a non-conference bb game instead of the Iron Bowl?

I tell you what, though, if some marketing people would get on the stick (either ours, or the tournament people), and maybe lower the LIU gym ticket prices from $25 to about $10-15, I guarantee they could pack that gym solely based on Isaiah Washington playing there. Huge crowds would come out to watch him in those playground games in NY.

Where can tickets for the Friday game against UMASS be purchased?

Kids from Bama looked very arrogant while beating up some bottom tier school tonight on Sportscenter. Optimistic that the Gophers knock them down a few pegs.

Sexton who was the #1 PG recruit in the country had 25 and their other freshman, John Petty had 30 in that game. They are actually receiving more votes than Providence in the polls. Should be a good game.

Downloaded Pluto on Roku. StadiumTV is channel 207. Watching Furman vs. Samford. Quality is better than BTN2Go. Even better than AggieVision. Also, looks like Pluto has a lot of obscure sports available, BigSky conference basketball, etc.

Top Bottom