Other Big Ten games thread

Purdue just lost to Tennessee. AWFUL week so far for the Big Ten...

I don't hate the idea of a two horse race for the Big Ten crown between us and Michigan State. Not to say that this one game proves that Purdue is a fraud or anything.

I'm reveling this Purdue loss only because their fans seem convinced Purdue and Michigan St. are the only legit teams in the conference

Purdue falls again, this time to Western Kentucky. I wonder if Joe Crispin still thinks they are clearly the #2 team in the Big Ten?

Early struggles for others in the conference are a good lesson for the Gophers not just this year but next year. It's vital the Gophers find a competent grad transfer guard in the spring if we want to maintain this level of play.

Purdue falls again, this time to Western Kentucky. I wonder if Joe Crispin still thinks they are clearly the #2 team in the Big Ten?

Their guard play is not great. Can be good, but not great.

Also Haas is slow as molasses.

Most importantly, teams can play then straight up now with swanigan gone. The other guys don’t look so great now that they’re getting full attention from the D.

WOW. Now Purdue has to come back and try and beat an Arizona team who came in ranked #2 and is trying to avoid losing 3 in a row!

Wow...just wow. Everybody is losing. Go Gophers

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Purdues bench scored 12 points in two games. That is not good.

I'm trying to check out the Alabama game and the FB link is not working. You can only get it on your android phone's FB app. The comments coming in are all angry. Sounds like a lot of people can't get it on the iphone FB app either.

Guess we got lucky?

I'm trying to check out the Alabama game and the FB link is not working. You can only get it on your android phone's FB app. The comments coming in are all angry. Sounds like a lot of people can't get it on the iphone FB app either.

Guess we got lucky?

They put out a new link and it worked after that.

They put out a new link and it worked after that.
Yeah....with like 13 minutes left in the game. I don't expect to be able to steam the game from the stadium tomorrow....but it'll be disappointing regardless if this happens again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah....with like 13 minutes left in the game. I don't expect to be able to steam the game from the stadium tomorrow....but it'll be disappointing regardless if this happens again.

Since you can watch the replay of the Gopher-UMASS game, I've decided I'm going to do that with the Bama game tomorrow and watch it after I get back from the football game. Put my plane on airplane mode, tell everybody at the tailgate to not check or tell me the score, turn off the radio on the drive home and pray that nobody I sit next to tells us the score of the game. Hopefully they won't give updates at the stadium over the loudspeaker too.

I'm not counting on being able to go the whole game without hearing the score though.

Since you can watch the replay of the Gopher-UMASS game, I've decided I'm going to do that with the Bama game tomorrow and watch it after I get back from the football game. Put my plane on airplane mode, tell everybody at the tailgate to not check or tell me the score, turn off the radio on the drive home and pray that nobody I sit next to tells us the score of the game. Hopefully they won't give updates at the stadium over the loudspeaker too.

I'm not counting on being able to go the whole game without hearing the score though.

One downside to basketball being ranked, it will be nearly impossible to avoid seeing the score on the football broadcast. Plus the football will likely be in ugly territory by the time the basketball game starts anyway.

I assume that they will be giving updates on the basketball score during the game.

I assume that they will be giving updates on the basketball score during the game.

If the bball game finishes before the football game and they win, then they will definitely announce it but I doubt they'll be announcing mid game updates.

Regardless, I'm glad I'll be able to watch the replay If I know the score or not.

If the bball game finishes before the football game and they win, then they will definitely announce it but I doubt they'll be announcing mid game updates.

Regardless, I'm glad I'll be able to watch the replay If I know the score or not.
Idk....a top 25 matchup? I wouldn't think they'd find it difficult to provide updates during tv breaks. And I believe that in the past... they have shown in progress Gopher game scores. It's just that when the football team is playing....there are rarely other Gophers sports going on. At the very least...I'd think they'd throw up the halftime score.

Not a big ten game.....but Texas is beating #1 Duke 43-31 at half.

Texas ran out of size. Jericho Sims with an illegal screen foul for his 5th, after Bamba had fouled out.

Duke finished the game with 5 freshman on the floor. They stay healthy, they will be scary good.

Reuvers is on the floor for Wisconsin. Apparently the redshirt was removed.

Not necessarily. Can play a bunch of games and still redshirt.

Not a regular redshirt. Once you check in to a game you immediately burn it. With a medical hardship exemption, as long as you play in less than 30% of your teams games, you can apply for an extravyear of eligibility.

Ohio State vs Stanford is painful to watch. Two pretty lousy teams. OSU currently up 10 with ten minutes to play.

Reid Travis is a good player surrounded by crap. I know it's not going to happen, but if he were to grad transfer next year, he and Murphy would form the best rebounding front court in the country.

Reuvers is on the floor for Wisconsin. Apparently the redshirt was removed.
I would guess the poor play of Illikainen, Thomas, and Van Vliet forced Wisconsin's hand. It also has to be hard to voluntarily redshirt while watching your team struggle when you know you could help.

Top Bottom