Other Big Ten games thread

Baylor has gone ice cold and only leads by 4 now.

Go Baylor!!

Boy the Washington vs. Davison debates are going to be exhausting. Hate to say it but Brad looks pretty good early on.

Yeah Davison looks good. Prototypical annoying badger. Whatever. We don’t need him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy the Washington vs. Davison debates are going to be exhausting. Hate to say it but Brad looks pretty good early on.

I'd rather have Davison over Jamir right now and I like Jamir. He and Washington could have played together.

Only 15 total turnovers in this game. Pretty amazing.

Wow, Baylor is poorly coached. This game should have been over half an hour ago.

And they beat Wiscy by 5....I’m good. Cheers

I'd rather have Davison over Jamir right now and I like Jamir. He and Washington could have played together.

Tough to disagree with that but I like Jamir too. He's a good shooter and has a high BBall IQ which I think we'll see more of in time. The issue is his height. With Gabe coming in offering similar skills while also having more of a true SG's frame i'm not sure how much Jamir will play. It just feels very Ahmad Gilbertish with him. We'll be alright. We have to let them have one or two every once and awhile or that program might fall off completely.

For most of the 2017 recruiting cycle, it seemed like we were after a point guard and big man with our 2 available scholarships. I think Washington was always plan A for point guard and we didn't recruit Davison very hard. We were looking for bigs and didn't get Sims, John, or Reuvers, then we had a shot at Hasahn French, who I think had a visit scheduled here, but then we maybe decided that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, and we took a commitment from another guard, Jamir Harris. A Washington/Davison recruiting class wouldn't have been in the cards until months after Davison had committed to Wisconsin.

Washington has a much higher ceiling than Davison. Davison is just getting more run now because he’s playing for a poor team that lacks a good veteran PG and scoring options.

For most of the 2017 recruiting cycle, it seemed like we were after a point guard and big man with our 2 available scholarships. I think Washington was always plan A for point guard and we didn't recruit Davison very hard. We were looking for bigs and didn't get Sims, John, or Reuvers, then we had a shot at Hasahn French, who I think had a visit scheduled here, but then we maybe decided that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, and we took a commitment from another guard, Jamir Harris. A Washington/Davison recruiting class wouldn't have been in the cards until months after Davison had committed to Wisconsin.

Yep.

We won't really know the whole story about Washington until he's the true PG next year.

Davison likely wouldn't have been able to shine as much in year one if he was here whereas Isaiah might have played a more prominent role in Wisconsin in year one.

I think Washington has higher overall potential, but Davison is more of a sure thing for four years.

Michigan falls to LSU by 2. Big Ten really not getting many quality wins.

Washington has a much higher ceiling than Davison. Davison is just getting more run now because he’s playing for a poor team that lacks a good veteran PG and scoring options.

...and he's very good. Big Ten ready from the get go, which is a credit to his HS coaching and his ability to assimilate at UW.

Harris is more Big Ten ready than I thought he'd be, actually. Strong body, good defender, good decision maker. And a great kid from all accounts. He's caught in a numbers game right now, behind three other distinguished guards who are all playing well in their own ways. He'll have his chance. He's an uncommon shooter who will be able to do things other guys can't do, including Davidson.

Michigan lost to LSU last night.

My B1G top four right now would be MSU, us, Purdue, and Penn St.

I haven't watched Penn State yet, are they really that good? Even though Wisconsin has lost the last two, I can't help but think they will be contending for top 4 in the conference, even if they lose a lot of non-conference games.

We will find to more about Penn State today with them playing Texas A&M. I agree with WanderingGopher except I would have Maryland instead of PSU in the top 4.

Would Davison be playing a lot for the Gophers right now? I could see him having Harris' minutes but not much else. I don't envision him as a primary ball handler like IW is (I could be wrong) and he wouldn't be ahead of Dupree or Mason.

Would Davison be playing a lot for the Gophers right now? I could see him having Harris' minutes but not much else. I don't envision him as a primary ball handler like IW is (I could be wrong) and he wouldn't be ahead of Dupree or Mason.

I think he'd get run here in MN

I think we should've targeted him more than we did, but we're recruiting just fine so not worth worrying about

No way. He'd be behind the starting three and IW for sure. I've watched the last two Badgers games, and I can't believe how out of sync they look for a UW team. They're an abysmal rebounding team, and they lack finishers everywhere on the court outside of Happ and Davison at the moment. Davison has played well, but I can't help thinking that he'll cool off a bit. In the two games I've seen he has made some incredibly difficult shots that simply don't fall for 99% of college players. Maybe he's such a "gamer" that they'll always fall for him, but I highly doubt it. FWIW, Davison should absolutely be starting ahead of Trice right now, Trice is awful.

Yeah Davison is their second best player right now and it's not even all that close. Part of that is Davison has been playing really well and part of it is Wisconsin's total lack of talent and experience.

No way. He'd be behind the starting three and IW for sure. I've watched the last two Badgers games, and I can't believe how out of sync they look for a UW team. They're an abysmal rebounding team, and they lack finishers everywhere on the court outside of Happ and Davison at the moment. Davison has played well, but I can't help thinking that he'll cool off a bit. In the two games I've seen he has made some incredibly difficult shots that simply don't fall for 99% of college players. Maybe he's such a "gamer" that they'll always fall for him, but I highly doubt it. FWIW, Davison should absolutely be starting ahead of Trice right now, Trice is awful.

If I were Gard (he doesn't need my advice), I'd keep Trice in there but start Davison ahead of Pritzl. A lot of talk about Pritzl, but haven't been impressed. Trice-Davison could be a solid tandem by the time Big 10 play rolls around.

I also like #2 (Ford) at a forward spot. I'm sure there's some reason he's not starting (not enough attention to detail), but I'll take him over Iverson or Van Vliet. Looks like Ford can put the ball in the basket. Iverson's an athlete, that's about it & he doesn't finish well, and Van Vliet is Charmin soft, atypical for Badger big guys.

Trice
Davison
Happ
Ford
Iverson/Pritzl/Van Vliet (take your pick whether bigger or smaller lineup)

That wouldn't be a bad lineup, IMO.

To be honest, I haven't seen a lot of Wisconsin hoops this year. One, I try to avoid watching Wisconsin anything and Two, I've been incredibly busy, to the point where even watching Gopher games needs to be planned.

To be honest, I haven't seen a lot of Wisconsin hoops this year. One, I try to avoid watching Wisconsin anything and Two, I've been incredibly busy, to the point where even watching Gopher games needs to be planned.

I judge based on twitter

Michigan is definitely going to want that game back against LSU, though LSU looked surprisingly solid. Maui is a little down this year, but still is one of the best holiday tournaments. Instead of getting to face Notre Dame, Wichita State, and/or Marquette for the last two games, they're stuck with Chaminade (which doesn't even count because they're D2), and then most likely a VCU (I doubt Cal is going to get 30+ points again from Coleman today) team that will find itself on the wrong side of the bubble. Wasted opportunity to try to get some solid wins...

Let's hope Penn State can upset Texas A&M today...

Too bad the Gophers can't play in a real tournament this time of year. I'd like to not need Facebook to watch them

Top Bottom