Other Big Ten games thread

Glad Bucky lost, but you have to admit they look better than some on this board give them credit for. They took #15 Xavier down to the last minute. They have a shot to make the tournament yet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xavier wins 80-70. Wisconsin looked better than I thought they'd be this year though. They looked solid.

Agree that Badgers looked better than I expected. They may do more damage in the B1G than preseason predictions, as the youngsters gain experience.

Glad Bucky lost, but you have to admit they look better than some on this board give them credit for. They took #15 Xavier down to the last minute. They have a shot to make the tournament yet again.

I don't think there's any doubt they'll make the tournament. This is a down year for the B1G, they should be able to pull out 10 or 11 wins.

I don't think there's any doubt they'll make the tournament. This is a down year for the B1G, they should be able to pull out 10 or 11 wins.

Ethan Happ is a great player. However, if he has anything close to an off night the Badgers are losing. They just don't have play makers on that team. I understand that their team is entirely system oriented, but you still need players to step up throughout the game, ala Koenig, Hayes, Kaminski, whoever. Trice is just not very good in my opinion, neither is Iverson, or many other players for Bucky. Davison did look much better than I thought he would. Also, I was surprised to see Pritzl knock down most of his open 3-point looks. They certainly looked better than I anticipated, but I think they're a long way off from NCAA lock.

Buckyville's reaction to it will be hilarious.

Already calling him classless and worse than Grayson Allen. I personally love it, if the crowd is going to give it to you, give it right back! Badger fans are primarily A-holes who love to dish it but simply can't take it.

Frickin' loved Macura's flavor when X clinched the game. NCAA mommy and daddy quickly shushed him for not being "classy" enough.

Agree with above. Happ is hella Smart and will be a solid NBA player. Happ with a bunch of average contributors around him plus the WI system is enough to make them an NCAA tournament team that will cause the top of the B1G some real headaches. Davison is gonna be a real nuisance as he develops further. We tend to right off Wisconsin when they lose a nice class, but they just reload with the same.

Frickin' loved Macura's flavor when X clinched the game. NCAA mommy and daddy quickly shushed him for not being "classy" enough.

Agree with above. Happ is hella Smart and will be a solid NBA player. Happ with a bunch of average contributors around him plus the WI system is enough to make them an NCAA tournament team that will cause the top of the B1G some real headaches. Davison is gonna be a real nuisance as he develops further. We tend to right off Wisconsin when they lose a nice class, but they just reload with the same.

I don't think Happ is currently projected to get drafted, and won't be until he shows he can score more than 3 feet from the basket. He's a load in the paint but he hasn't shown enough range.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is the video of JP Macura taunting <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Badgers?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Badgers</a> crowd and team. <a href="https://t.co/9BdCHu1GT9">pic.twitter.com/9BdCHu1GT9</a></p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) </blockquote>

that was it huh, was expecting something like Marshall Henderson, this was pretty tame

I don't think Happ is currently projected to get drafted, and won't be until he shows he can score more than 3 feet from the basket. He's a load in the paint but he hasn't shown enough range.

This is a good take. I hope when the Gophers face him they don't fall for the spin moves and drop steps. He killed the Gophers last year, but it was from 3 feet or closer. Make him shoot the ball instead of layups

that was it huh, was expecting something like Marshall Henderson, this was pretty tame

Fans taunt and players play. It was a bit much for the 3rd game of the season. He went to the bench and continued to do it from the end of the bench until the ref told him to stop. Then another player checked out and made a point to go to the end of the bench and yell into the crowd. Wonder what was coming from the crowd to provoke it.

I've said multiple times they'll find a way to be in the mix for the B1G, I dont think they can do it, but they'll be in the picture

Ethan Happ is a great player. However, if he has anything close to an off night the Badgers are losing. They just don't have play makers on that team. I understand that their team is entirely system oriented, but you still need players to step up throughout the game, ala Koenig, Hayes, Kaminski, whoever. Trice is just not very good in my opinion, neither is Iverson, or many other players for Bucky. Davison did look much better than I thought he would. Also, I was surprised to see Pritzl knock down most of his open 3-point looks. They certainly looked better than I anticipated, but I think they're a long way off from NCAA lock.

There was a badger fan on here upset I didn't declare Pritzl the best player in the B1G (I'm exaggerating, but )

Outside the Gopher game, I'd say the Gavitt Games pretty much went as expected, with the one (small) surprise being Northwestern losing to Creighton. I did watch that game and not only did Creighton play well, but they were also hitting clutch shots all over the place. One thing I did notice is Aaron Falzon did not play again for Northwestern. He has yet to play in their three games, and I heard before the season started that he was supposed to be healthy finally after missing all of last year. He's supposed to be one of their better players, so I wonder if he's still injured. They clearly need him, as they don't have much depth.

Not sure you can say it's a down year, yet. There are five crap teams at the bottom of the conference (Nebraska, Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio State) but we already knew that, and the remaining nine are pretty good and haven't shown anything unexpected yet. Northwestern losing a close and somewhat flukey game to Creighton doesn't make me think less of them (although the fact they get no true home games this year certainly will hurt their record); MSU losing a close game to Duke means they're not currently #1 but they're still in top 3 in the nation IMO. The other seven teams have pretty much won the games they're supposed to win so far.

I still think in the middle of the conference you'll have Michigan, Maryland, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Penn State fighting for 2, maybe 3, NCAA tourney spots. That's a pretty strong middle of the conference, IMO.

Either Texas Tech is really good or Northwestern shouldn't have been ranked coming into this season. Down 69-42 now.

Tech ends up winning by 36 over Northwestern. Yikes.

Yikes......NW was smoked. Is TTU supposed to be good? I see that they received some AP votes last week.

Northwestern overachieved last year. They are probably underachieving so far this year, but I never was expecting them to go from a never been to a tourney team to a second round every year team in just a two year span

Northwestern started the game down 1 as they didn't have their starting line up in the book on time. Went downhill from there.

Not a Big Ten game......but Vandy is taking #10 USC to OT. Let's go Vandy! Lachance (who the Gophers recruited a few years back) made a few nice plays down the stretch.....but couldn't win the game with a last second shot.

Either Texas Tech is really good or Northwestern shouldn't have been ranked coming into this season. Down 69-42 now.

They didn't look good against Creighton either. IIRC, we beat Creighton fairly easily in our "secret" game. So, I'm starting to think NW is not all that.

They didn't look good against Creighton either. IIRC, we beat Creighton fairly easily in our "secret" game. So, I'm starting to think NW is not all that.
Creighton now beating #23 UCLA so maybe Creighton isn't that bad of a team.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah I got Baylor at -102 on 5dimes, but a substantial bet on them. Looks good so far. Badgers played a tough back to back with Xavier and Baylor.

I don’t bet sports (anymore) but would have bet big on Baylor

Wow, Baylor is poorly coached. This game should have been over half an hour ago.

Top Bottom