Other Big Ten games thread

If I were Gard (he doesn't need my advice), I'd keep Trice in there but start Davison ahead of Pritzl. A lot of talk about Pritzl, but haven't been impressed. Trice-Davison could be a solid tandem by the time Big 10 play rolls around.

I also like #2 (Ford) at a forward spot. I'm sure there's some reason he's not starting (not enough attention to detail), but I'll take him over Iverson or Van Vliet. Looks like Ford can put the ball in the basket. Iverson's an athlete, that's about it & he doesn't finish well, and Van Vliet is Charmin soft, atypical for Badger big guys.

Trice
Davison
Happ
Ford
Iverson/Pritzl/Van Vliet (take your pick whether bigger or smaller lineup)

That wouldn't be a bad lineup, IMO.

I think that what you suggested is what is going to happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if Davison starts ahead of Pritzl this evening. I've got to disagree with you about the solid tandem part of it though. Trice has disappeared completely in each of the past two games, he simply doesn't bring much to the game. If I were Gard, I'd replace Trice with Davison, and leave Pritzl in there as he's a quicker and better shooter than Trice. Not that it matters much either way, as I don't see their squad achieving much this season regardless. I do think that they'll be primed for a decent season next year with most players returning.

I think that what you suggested is what is going to happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if Davison starts ahead of Pritzl this evening. I've got to disagree with you about the solid tandem part of it though. Trice has disappeared completely in each of the past two games, he simply doesn't bring much to the game. If I were Gard, I'd replace Trice with Davison, and leave Pritzl in there as he's a quicker and better shooter than Trice. Not that it matters much either way, as I don't see their squad achieving much this season regardless. I do think that they'll be primed for a decent season next year with most players returning.

Wow, didn't realize it but they will return their top 10 guys in terms of minutes per game this year. They will be very good next year.

Agree that Trice has not looked good. More preference (over Pritzl) than anything right now. Certainly Badgers need one of 'em to step up & join Davison. He's already their best guard, and I don't think it's close.

Iowa's down 3 with 3:52 to go to South Dakota State.

I think I'd just sellout and start King and Davidson. That's their future and the quicker it's their present the quicker they'll gel

Who'd lose to Jack Rabbits, gophers wouldn't ever........

B1G is there for taking boys

Iowa is playing like they want to be left out of the NCAA tournament for the second straight year...

Maryland should be #4 with their win over Butler and a couple other blowouts.

I penalize Maryland with at least a half-loss for needing some really good fortune to edge Bucknell by 2 points at home. Also see them as a team with some good players but no great ones. I also don’t think Turgeon is too good a coach.

But they could make the tourney.

Non-conference is always weird. Hard to REALLY see what you have in a team sometimes.

PSU staying very competitive against #16 Texas A&M. Down 42-40. Tony Carr has 21 already.

I picked PSU to finish ahead of Wisconsin this year and they were my sleeper pick.

Good ending in store for UCLA and Wisco. I'd suggest turning it on for a good last minute. ESPN3

Wow. What an ending... Wisconsin misses a free throw that would have taken the lead. UCLA hits a layup with no time left to win 72-70. Wisconsin had a 6 point lead with under 4 minutes, could not hold it. Great ending to my night :clap:

Not a Big Ten game but a game on the gophers schedule, Bama down to UT Arlington 51-48 in the second. Would like to see them hold on.

Wow. What an ending... Wisconsin misses a free throw that would have taken the lead. UCLA hits a layup with no time left to win 72-70. Wisconsin had a 6 point lead with under 4 minutes, could not hold it. Great ending to my night :clap:

Iowa and Wisconsin are dragging down the conference. Get it together losers!

Not Big Ten related but gopher opponent related...watched Alabama last night and Collin Sexton is a beast. The difference between what he can do right now and what Washington can do right now isn't even close. They will be a tough out this weekend.

Not Big Ten related but gopher opponent related...watched Alabama last night and Collin Sexton is a beast. The difference between what he can do right now and what Washington can do right now isn't even close. They will be a tough out this weekend.

You're saying the #1 point guard in the class is better than the #13 point guard in the class? Sounds about right to me.

Good thing we have Mason. Guessing Amir guards him though. How is Bama upfront?

Good thing we have Mason. Guessing Amir guards him though. How is Bama upfront?

They looked a lot like us I'd say...not huge but they have some guys like Murphy that are probably in the 6'6 range that can drive and handle decently. I hadn't watched them previously but their guard play was pretty good last night and seemed to be the difference.

Their starting big man mainly got his points off dunks or put backs. He looks thin though so I think Reggie can manhandle him.

Gophers will crush Alabama.

They looked pretty one dimensional last night but I'm sure some of their role players are involved more in nights where Sexton doesn't go off (small sample size of games). I think we will beat them too based on our depth, but they will be pretty good.

Purdue down 2 to Tennessee with a few minutes to go

That Lamonte Turner kid played with Nate Mason at Arlington Country Day.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Purdue just lost to Tennessee. AWFUL week so far for the Big Ten...

Top Bottom