UST vs. Gophers

OddStack

Reaction score
Some on here were salivating when Jacques Parra walked on and then made the travel team. Who has the better QB? IDK, but with how upset people have been (until this past week), I wonder how Parra would have fit in.

Went to the UST St John's game at Target Field. Was a fun atmosphere, and a decent game to watch.

Some on here were salivating when Jacques Parra walked on and then made the travel team. Who has the better QB? IDK, but with how upset people have been (until this past week), I wonder how Parra would have fit in.

Parra was the UST back up last year. He's another Rhoda we would beat them by 90

I am not even going here....

Obvisously the Gophs would win. I asked who has the better QB

giphy.gif

Does Max Shortell have any eligibility left?

Y'all realize that most reasonable high school players who started for a couple years on a good team and stick with their workouts can play D3 ball, right? It's so far below B1G level it's not worth discussing.

Y'all realize that most reasonable high school players who started for a couple years on a good team and stick with their workouts can play D3 ball, right? It's so far below B1G level it's not worth discussing.

Yet, all I see is complaining that we haven't had a legit B1G QB in ages. Thus, I feel it's a fair question. Would Parra have been in the mix or possibly even the starter? Afterall, he made the travel team as a RSFrosh. Rhoda played in '14 (when Parra RS) but did not play in '15 when Parra did play and traveled. Thus, Parra was ahead of him on the depth chart.

Yet, all I see is complaining that we haven't had a legit B1G QB in ages. Thus, I feel it's a fair question. Would Parra have been in the mix or possibly even the starter? Afterall, he made the travel team as a RSFrosh. Rhoda played in '14 (when Parra RS) but did not play in '15 when Parra did play and traveled. Thus, Parra was ahead of him on the depth chart.

So what? That doesn't mean Perra could have been one. They played him because he was on scholarship. They wanted to see what they had. After two years, they "helped him find another home".

For the record, at St Thomas he's a 58.7% passer, 7.2 yds/att, 6 TD, 4 INT, 60.3 yds/game (not a typo), plus 11 rushes for 29 yards, no TD. In DIII. Not exactly "would be lighting up the B1G" numbers. I'd bet he'd be riding the pine behind Rhoda, Green and Morgan had he stayed.

The argument for Streveler is at least a little more plausible. He's 65.8%, 8.4 yds/att, 21 TD, 4 INT, 295 yds/game, plus 130 rushes for 570 yds, 10 TD in D1 FCS. Though it's a big jump from FCS to FBS (especially Power 5), it's not nearly as big as the jump from DIII. It might as well be a different sport.

I have no ill will for Perra. I wish him nothing but the best. But to think he was legitimately a B1G caliber QB based on lackluster numbers at St Thomas is silly.

I'll bite. No, he's not as good as Croft or Rhoda. He might not be the best QB in the MIAC. I saw him play twice this year against St. Johns and Concordia-Moorhead (the next 2 best MIAC teams) and he didn't look very mobile nor that accurate. And that's with a very good supporting cast compared to most teams. His combined stats for those two games were 23 of 47 passes (49%) with 3 TD and 1 Int.

Perra is better than Rhoda. No doubt about it.

Croft would start over Perra if both were here in my opinion. Croft showed on Saturday why that would be true.

If you're talking about Perra. . . this is silly.

Phillip Nelson>Streveler>Croft>Max Shortell>Perra>Rhoda

Leidner> Nelson>Streveler>Croft>Max Shortell>Perra>Rhoda

Don’t let Perra’s stats fool you. Most games he’s pretty much playing against guys who were just okay on their high school football teams.

Leidner> Nelson>Streveler>Croft>Max Shortell>McKinzy>Perra>Rhoda

You could ask PJ who the better qb is but he just tell you he can't decide.

Perra is better than Rhoda. No doubt about it.

Croft would start over Perra if both were here in my opinion. Croft showed on Saturday why that would be true.

There’s plenty of doubt. No doubt about it. UST would be 0-10 with Minnesota’s schedule, and everyone would be calling for Perra’s head. DIII to FBS is a huge leap, and you cannot discount or separate the competition from his team and individual play. Perra is not in the FBS because he’s not a FBS player.

I see the love for CS5 remains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Perra vs Rhoda is certainly a legitimate debate. Perra put up superior numbers in HS and was also considered a much better passer than Rhoda was when they both were on the roster. IIRC, Perra was actually considered the best pure passer on the roster but the coaches liked Leidner's mobility, size and intangibles better.

Seeing how Rhoda has played this year and seeing Perra play against SJU and looking at both their numbers, Rhoda is probably the better QB as of right now but I think it's a fair question to ask.

I followed Perra a lot his senior year of HS and I was shocked that he was not getting more attention from the next level. Great decision maker with remarkable accuracy both short and long (for big school High School ball at least). The ability to throw a good ball is just something you can't teach. Best QB in state that year.

Seems like he never stood out in practice under Kill and Trace. Probably just a gave a "meh" impression right off the bat and sometimes certain coaches just don't favor a particular guy for no other reason than gut. We all know that arbitrary world between cut from team/making the team and bench/starter. It's not always an accurate indicator. Leidner cemented in for at least Perra's first 1-2 years didn't exactly give much incentive to experiment either. Maybe Rhoda-boat scenario this year would have been more favorable.

I bet Fleck regime would have liked JP more. Just a hunch based on seeing Perra's demeanor and character from afar.

As for the D3 stats - D3ish talent around him, less motivation to grind in D3, and playcalling probably factor in quite a bit. Do we ever see D3 QBs in the mix to be drafted anyways?

There’s plenty of doubt. No doubt about it. UST would be 0-10 with Minnesota’s schedule, and everyone would be calling for Perra’s head. DIII to FBS is a huge leap, and you cannot discount or separate the competition from his team and individual play. Perra is not in the FBS because he’s not a FBS player.

You do realize that Perra was a FBS player right?

I followed Perra a lot his senior year of HS and I was shocked that he was not getting more attention from the next level. Great decision maker with remarkable accuracy both short and long (for big school High School ball at least). The ability to throw a good ball is just something you can't teach. Best QB in state that year.

Seems like he never stood out in practice under Kill and Trace. Probably just a gave a "meh" impression right off the bat and sometimes certain coaches just don't favor a particular guy for no other reason than gut. We all know that arbitrary world between cut from team/making the team and bench/starter. It's not always an accurate indicator. Leidner cemented in for at least Perra's first 1-2 years didn't exactly give much incentive to experiment either. Maybe Rhoda-boat scenario this year would have been more favorable.

I bet Fleck regime would have liked JP more. Just a hunch based on seeing Perra's demeanor and character from afar.

As for the D3 stats - D3ish talent around him, less motivation to grind in D3, and playcalling probably factor in quite a bit. Do we ever see D3 QBs in the mix to be drafted anyways?

More often than we see Gopher QBs.

Top Bottom