Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MNVCGUY View Post
    It does seem like Murph has gotten a little better at his ball handling but still doesn't seem like a super strong point for him. I remember cringing last year when he would try to dribble drive to the basket. He is so much better when he can make his move from in close where his strength becomes a huge advantage.
    I'm not saying Murphy can be Kawhi Leonard - but if there is a model to shoot for- he's the guy. Leonard was a 25% 3 point shooter in college and at 6-7 not a perfect NBA fit on the drawing board- but what a player he is. Again- not a Leonard comparison at this point but a target Murphy can look to. I think he is better to stay another year in college and perfect what he has in big minutes here.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I'm not saying Murphy can be Kawhi Leonard - but if there is a model to shoot for- he's the guy. Leonard was a 25% 3 point shooter in college and at 6-7 not a perfect NBA fit on the drawing board- but what a player he is. Again- not a Leonard comparison at this point but a target Murphy can look to. I think he is better to stay another year in college and perfect what he has in big minutes here.
    The great news for us is that even if he has a great season I don't think he will get a ton of love from NBA teams so will almost certainly be back next year.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Leonard has always been a wing since high school though. Draymond seems like a better comparison.

4. Default

Ryan Gomes was actually who Pitino said Murphy should watch film on.

No shot at the NBA. Even if he develops a better 3 pointer. He's a really good college player. Like another really good Gopher Trevor Mbakwe, he will need to go to Europe to ply his wares. A man can make a damn fine living playing professionally overseas though, so he'll earn plenty of money in his pro career.

6. Default

This is why college basketball is so much more interesting than the NBA, at least IMO. There are so many different ways to be successful, both as teams and individual players. The NBA used to be more like this, with guys like Charles Barkley being able to excel with weird body types and unique skill sets, but now everyone just needs to be able to be an outside shooter.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    No shot at the NBA. Even if he develops a better 3 pointer. He's a really good college player. Like another really good Gopher Trevor Mbakwe, he will need to go to Europe to ply his wares. A man can make a damn fine living playing professionally overseas though, so he'll earn plenty of money in his pro career.
    I'd say his ability to finish and score are already exceeding Mbakwe's. Last year's Murph was more similar to the way Mbakwe scored, but he is already showing a more diverse repertoire this year. With basically 2 full seasons left in college, I think it's awfully early to say "No shot at the NBA" - especially when his coach said "he will play in the NBA."

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyTim View Post
    This is why college basketball is so much more interesting than the NBA, at least IMO. There are so many different ways to be successful, both as teams and individual players. The NBA used to be more like this, with guys like Charles Barkley being able to excel with weird body types and unique skill sets, but now everyone just needs to be able to be an outside shooter.
    Do you watch the NBA? There are 100 guys who don't look/seem like they'd be in the NBA but are. Isaiah Thomas is 5'7, Draymond Green is 6'7 and plays PF or C. Giannis is a 7' freak of an athlete. There is a 6'10" starting PG. Anyone can be successful in the NBA, they don't care just about outside shooting. That is a dumb thing to believe.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Do you watch the NBA? There are 100 guys who don't look/seem like they'd be in the NBA but are. Isaiah Thomas is 5'7, Draymond Green is 6'7 and plays PF or C. Giannis is a 7' freak of an athlete. There is a 6'10" starting PG. Anyone can be successful in the NBA, they don't care just about outside shooting. That is a dumb thing to believe.
    always exceptions to the rule

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Sorry. You seem really smart, I'll believe what you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyTim View Post
    Sorry. You seem really smart, I'll believe what you believe.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    I'd say his ability to finish and score are already exceeding Mbakwe's. Last year's Murph was more similar to the way Mbakwe scored, but he is already showing a more diverse repertoire this year. With basically 2 full seasons left in college, I think it's awfully early to say "No shot at the NBA" - especially when his coach said "he will play in the NBA."
    No shot.

13. Default

No shot.
    Hilarious. You hold onto your hot take. We'll re-visit in 18 months.

In the meantime, since you can see the future so clearly, who is going to win the 2018 World Series and the 2018 Masters?

Like another really good Gopher Trevor Mbakwe, he will need to go to Europe to ply his wares..
    He's already much better than Bakwe.

Who has the best shot at the nba? Coffey?