***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PROVIDENCE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

He was getting really frustrated last game.. think players were just being overly cautious. he was very mellow last season.

I assume this is tongue in cheek. But....who knows. Murphy is looking like a B10 player of the year candidate.....through two games.....

Not at all. True, he can't shoot from outside very well but that can be learned. He has Charles Barkley rebounding and inside scoring skills. Granted, they're a lot taller in the NBA but Barkley wasn't any taller than Murphy (although wider of course).

Can we ban the tools who were declaring our season "no better than last year" just an hour ago? bfast and 1997vacatedfinalfour

Nice win!

When worried about bracketology, non-conference P6 wins for the Big Ten are important.

Good job with the win!

Very good win, one that should bolster the resume come March, and perhaps more importantly, one that makes us 2-0 in November :)

Murphy is such a beast!!!

Murphy is so good. Amazing that his college career is barely half over. Great road win.

Solid second half.

Hurt showed some grit, Murphy was a 10++++, Coffey showed his talent, Mason ran the show, McBrayer played like a vet and Lynch finished the game.

But Washington kept the team in the game the first half.

The only neg's were Fitz and Konate.

At this time, this team must stay healthy as the depth is very thin.

Murphy had his 22nd double-double tonight. If he continues this fine play he could get 20 more this year. I believe that he had 9 rebounds in the second half and didn’t looked tired at all.

Need Amir to join the party in the second half or it could get ugly.

Amir was the difference in that second half. He was locked in. Really was driving me crazy in the first half lol but it was good to see him turn it on in the second. Big win. Murph's got a lot of dog in him. No other way to say it. He plays so hard.

Nice win!

When worried about bracketology, non-conference P6 wins for the Big Ten are important.

Good job with the win!

And Providence looks like a solid team as well. They could very well be a top 25 team this year.

Solid second half.

Hurt showed some grit, Murphy was a 10++++, Coffey showed his talent, Mason ran the show, McBrayer played like a vet and Lynch finished the game.

But Washington kept the team in the game the first half.

The only neg's were Fitz and Konate.

At this time, this team must stay healthy as the depth is very thin.

Fitz hasn't played any competitive ball in two years. He will have games like tonight for awhile, hopefully by the time the BIG games roll around he is more comfortable. Hurt looks so much more confident on the floor than at any point in time last year.

Lots of things to fix... 3 Point Defense, Getting back in transition, etc. But this team has a lot of guys that can take over a game. Really happy Coffey finally woke up. Really surprised at how much Hurt has improved. He is serviceable this year. Konate is Konate. Fitzgerald is serviceable. Washington is gonna be great, but he'll also be a bit out of control too. Don't remember seeing Harris today. This is a dangerous team... Providence will surprise some people, they are deep and athletic. Great win!

Great balance by the starting lineup tonight: Murphy 23, Coffee 15, Mason, 17, Lynch 12, McBrayer 9...

Beast mode Murph is unstoppable at times. Beat an NCAA tournament team on the road... while in foul trouble. Awesome!

I was kind of glad to see Hurt getting some minutes.
After last year's freshman season I wondered if he'd contribute.
If he can provide a little defensive size, rebounding and a slice of offense, that would help our depth.

Very concerned about Fitzgerald. I assumed he could add something offensively and be a defensive presence without fouling so much. Behind Murphy and Lynch we are alarmingly thin. The loss of Curry will sting more than I thought, though the Gophers somehow managed to mix and match with Hurt during some key minutes, bridging the time before Lynch returned.

I'm a little worried. If he keeps playing like this game after game, he might not be around next year.
Smh.... he's a 6'6 forward with limited range. He's not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If he can provide a little defensive size, rebounding and a slice of offense, that would help our depth.
He does appear more comfortable on the floor this year.

What was particularly impressive from him in the second half (other than his drive to the hoop) was his deft interior passing.

Smh.... he's a 6'6 forward with limited range. He's not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Draymond Greene wasn't any taller and he didn't develop shooting range until later in his college career.

Well, that was fun. Mason, Lynch, and Murphy just look so mature out there--both in physique and demeanor. Couldn't help but thinking that with the starters anyway, we're a lot like a few of Izzo's better teams. Need to develop depth, but it's been quite a while since we've had a team as gritty as this one looks to be.

A lot of the posts in this thread from the first half were so Chicken Little in nature it’s comical. Why is it so many Minnesota fans would rather be pessimistic and hope to be right than optimistic and risk being wrong.

Very solid game for 40 minutes. It felt like we let them hang around that then decided 'ok that's enough of that' and just took it from them. Very long time sine we've been that team.

Murphy was amazing. If he plays like this, I can live with him clanging a couple needless 3's every game. If...

Top Bottom