***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PROVIDENCE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
An early season challenging road-test meets the boys tonight. It's a Homecoming for the Prodigal Son, with Richard Pitino returning to the alma mater. No doubt he'll want this game and this is the type of game that will likely look better in March on the resume than it will to the casual fan tonight.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An early season challenging road-test meets the boys tonight. It's a Homecoming for the Prodigal Son, with Richard Pitino returning to the alma mater. No doubt he'll want this game and this is the type of game that will likely look better in March on the resume than it will to the casual fan tonight.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Massive, tone-setting game to get this seasons started off on the right foot. Shoot well, play hard, and defend the 3-ball, and we should walk away with a W!!

I hope Pitino has plans to put more pressure on the ball tonight defensively. Our guards could rely on having more talent and depth to beat Upstate, but we'll need to force Providence into some turnovers and tough shots tonight. Easiest way to do that is put more pressure on their guards, don't let them just get into their offense.

It would be a quality win over a solid team on the road, Go Gophers!

I hope Pitino had Konate practice taking off his warm up pants in less than a minute.

"McGruber"?! Tim Brando is just as bad as a handful of the posters on here with spelling our players' names.

Wow, Murphy looks like a man this year. Really liking what I've seen!

About as good of a start as could be hoped for. Even with a new starter .. McGruber.

Promising start. Mason nailing some tough shots early. Murphy is an absolute force.

Someone tell Brando that Dupree is McBrayer and not McGruber.

"McGruber"?! Tim Brando is just as bad as a handful of the posters on here with spelling our players' names.
One of the main reasons I sync the TV broadcast with the "mute" on with the Minnesota radio broadcast. This is for both basketball and football. Thank goodness for DVR.

McGruber needs to heat up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Over under 8 games before Washington starting pg and Mason moves to 2?

He looks under control today and looks like his kind of game

He's certainly been looking good today. But 1-11 in the first game. He'll have his ups and downs this year. I think that Pitino is going to go with the stable, senior leader, Mason to start at PG this year though. Washington is going to get plenty of minutes either way.

Murph shooting 3s again...

Get used to it. If he is going to play in the NBA, he has to be able to hit some outside shots. Pitino is damn sure gonna do his best to make him well-rounded

Who's this dumbass commentator? McBrayer is the only starter on the Gophers to not score yet? He JUST hit two free throws. SMDH.

Patiently waiting for Coffey to Coffey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get used to it. If he is going to play in the NBA, he has to be able to hit some outside shots. Pitino is damn sure gonna do his best to make him well-rounded

Honestly....his shot doesn't look all that bad. And if it pulls their front court out to the arc....that's a good thing for us.

Honestly....his shot doesn't look all that bad. And if it pulls their front court out to the arc....that's a good thing for us.

Hope he improves his average. Need more Jelly , less McGruber- really dislike it when he jacks his shot with no passes. Wonder if Hands of stone Konate will ever learn proper rebounding position ?

He shot 12% from 3 last year....

Top Bottom